Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I feel like my ramblings on Didier have slightly derailed said thread, sorry. 

Back on track. I would very much like the RL-C rumours to be true. Aside from the injury concerns he would be a cracking technical and physical presence in the middle for us. 

• Like 1

These are the amount of goals that Drogba scored in each of his eight seasons in the premier league, 10, 12, 20, 8, 5, 29, 5, 4. Not sure if you can really say that that's the record of a 'world class' striker, he might have had one or two seasons when he was one of the best in the league, but that's not the same as being 'world class', especially when you have the advantage making the judgement after they've retired and you can look at their career as an whole.

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Always mate i love this forum... world class player's?

Maradonna 1986 i was 7

Marco Van Basten 1988

Ruud Gullit also 1988

Gazza 1990 to start

I can go on, hope you and your family are good. UTV

Blimey are we in for those ?  - thats a policy u turn Boris would be proud of !

54 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Christ you have some standards don't you. 

2008-2010 Drogba was world class. Any team in the world takes him in that window. Sorry mate.

"Good player" Lol

I agree Drogba in his prime was a complete beast. However, Ironically the only thing I really remember him for is this:
drogbafit.gif

Would be interesting if we could go for Norwegian winger Jens Petter Hauge. He plays for Bodø/Glimt, the superior team in Norway this season (with a ridiculous margin as well, mind). B/G played AC Milan for a Europa League spot a couple of days ago  and lost 2-3. According to papers, AC Milan now is now going to make a £4 mill (or so) bid for Hauge after having been impressed. He's only 20, but is already skilled as **** and developing rapidly, and still largely unknown outside of Norway. At 4-5 mill, he could be an amazing investment.

• Like 2

Edouard reminds me a bit of Drogba... 

I reckon, if Edouard doesn’t join on deadline day.. Celtic will be out of the EUROPA League by January no doubt. So 🤞🏻 He’ll join in Jan at a reduced fee, when they are desperate for £££. 

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was hoping we would have the new midfielder in for Fulham....

Yes I do to also hoped for a midfielder, need one if Grealish staying on left. Hopefully before the window shuts ay??

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Edouard reminds me a bit of Drogba... 

I reckon, if Edouard doesn’t join on deadline day.. Celtic will be out of the EUROPA League by January no doubt. So 🤞🏻 He’ll join in Jan at a reduced fee, when they are desperate for £££. 

Hope you are right on that one, would be sweet but cant see a reduced fee, after all the links and interest in him I think they'd hold the price.