Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Edouard is not the powerhouse Drogba was. Edouard seems to be more skilled and creative but not as strong or explosive.

Drogba in my opinion was definitely world class. Drogba was Pace, Power, Strength, on the deck or in the air, so powerful when running with the ball. The ideal lead the line type lone striker. would regularly run both opposition centre backs ragged.

Drogba was such an amazing athlete and specimen that it made up for the fact technique wise he wasn't world class (although his technique was certainly good). If I had to chose between Van Basten and Drogba it would be Drogba. Van Basten was probably the best finisher the game has ever seen at least in my memory. But Drogba is the compete package.

He was no Messi, Maradona, or Ronaldo they were (are in Messi's case) best player in the world at some point. That's a level beyond world class.

To me someone is world class if you can put them in (for at least a couple of seasons) the top 10 in the world for their position. Drogba was nominated for the ballon dor more than once, so that says it all really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

Would be interesting if we could go for Norwegian winger Jens Petter Hauge. He plays for Bodø/Glimt, the superior team in Norway this season (with a ridiculous margin as well, mind). B/G played AC Milan for a Europa League spot a couple of days ago  and lost 2-3. According to papers, AC Milan now is now going to make a £4 mill (or so) bid for Hauge after having been impressed. He's only 20, but is already skilled as **** and developing rapidly, and still largely unknown outside of Norway. At 4-5 mill, he could be an amazing investment.

THIS guy!!! 

1 hour ago, maqueman said:

THIS guy!!! 

Just like every other footballer in Europe, he is unsurprisingly linked with Leeds.

I wonder if anyone will mention Leeds doing a Fulham / Villa when the window is shut, or if they'll just continue the Bielsa hero worshipping.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Edouard is not the powerhouse Drogba was. Edouard seems to be more skilled and creative but not as strong or explosive.

Drogba in my opinion was definitely world class. Drogba was Pace, Power, Strength, on the deck or in the air, so powerful when running with the ball. The ideal lead the line type lone striker. would regularly run both opposition centre backs ragged.

Drogba was such an amazing athlete and specimen that it made up for the fact technique wise he wasn't world class (although his technique was certainly good). If I had to chose between Van Basten and Drogba it would be Drogba. Van Basten was probably the best finisher the game has ever seen at least in my memory. But Drogba is the compete package.

He was no Messi, Maradona, or Ronaldo they were (are in Messi's case) best player in the world at some point. That's a level beyond world class.

To me someone is world class if you can put them in (for at least a couple of seasons) the top 10 in the world for their position. Drogba was nominated for the ballon dor more than once, so that says it all really.

Drogba was a beast I could only wish we had a player in our team like that

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've been saying this for a few months now. The price would be nothing, so very low risk. 

Not impressed, if he doesn’t look a world beater on a YouTube video he won’t look good on our pitch.

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Not impressed, if he doesn’t look a world beater on a YouTube video he won’t look good on our pitch.

Don't know how he'd fare, but I'd prefer him to AEG and Trez any time and is half the price, if not less. 

Assuming it's the video above you refer to it's worth noting that was all against one opponent. The Milan match on Thursday. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Morning guys, been building up strength and resolve to post this. After watching the Tesco’ carrier bag game last night and in particular the German import to Chelsea Werner, I’m now now of the opinion that  the majority of the so called quality players in the German league are very much overrated and Milot Rashica would be a terrible purchase for our great club. I fully understand that I may get the equivalent of the Judge Dredd Longwalk punishment for this post but felt it had to be done. So help me God

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Morning guys, been building up strength and resolve to post this. After watching the Tesco’ carrier bag game last night and in particular the German import to Chelsea Werner, I’m now now of the opinion that  the majority of the so called quality players in the German league are very much overrated and Milot Rashica would be a terrible purchase for our great club. I fully understand that I may get the equivalent of the Judge Dredd Longwalk punishment for this post but felt it had to be done. So help me God

Double bluff......

Workaholics GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thug said:

Re: world class.

until someone can give me an actual definition of wtf ‘world class’ actually means, I can’t pass judgement on who is and who isn’t.

There is no agreed definition of what it actually means, so any argument about who is and who isn’t is a completely subjective argument.  And somewhat pointless.

He was one heck of a player that, in his prime, probably any team in the world would’ve been happy to have him there.

For me the simplest way to define world class is this 

Do they get in the best world 11 in their position.

Everything below that less than.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Anyone know if he’s any good? Maybe a lazy link because of Lange?

21 years old, another one that got some attention due to their Europa League performance vs United. Looked like a good passer and header, but haven't seen him outside of that game and one other vs Celtic, so who knows. Kinda fits the profile on paper but actually younger than I would've hoped we'd go for in a central defender.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ramshackler said:

For me the simplest way to define world class is this 

Do they get in the best world 11 in their position.

Everything below that less than.

So only 11 players at one time can be world class? 

i don't think there's an actual definition of world class, it's just a moniker for players who are clearly head and shoulders above most others and would not look out of place in any of the big teams or nations starting XIs. 

• Like 1