Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A mate of mine has a theory that shorter players learn to compensate by having a better ability to jump. Conversely tall players don’t develop this ability as much as they should because they don’t need to as much. 

Alan Wright always amazed me how many headers he got to and yet others, I can’t think of a good example but there are plenty, who were 6’+ who would barely get off the ground and lose most of the height advantage they had. 

Tim Cahill is a good example

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Morning guys, been building up strength and resolve to post this. After watching the Tesco’ carrier bag game last night and in particular the German import to Chelsea Werner, I’m now now of the opinion that  the majority of the so called quality players in the German league are very much overrated and Milot Rashica would be a terrible purchase for our great club. I fully understand that I may get the equivalent of the Judge Dredd Longwalk punishment for this post but felt it had to be done. So help me God

get out of my sight GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Take your Baresi and raise you with Ayala. 

I have a slight adoration for short CBs. Baresi is a favo. But Ayala was pretty decent too. Guess Cannavaro was a midget as well. 

Cannavaro maybe the shortest and best of those three.

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Cannavaro maybe the shortest and best of those three.

I knew I forgot a short arse Argentinian. Daniel Passarella was another quite decent one despite his height. Before my time really, but knew there was one I forgot. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

The reports in Denmark claim that we've had long standing interest in Nelsson dating back to before Lange was at the club, although they also say we're favorites to sign him because of Lange. Copenhagen only signed him last year from FC Nordsjælland, but apparently Covid is affecting their finances, so €10m would be too good to turn down despite him being seen as a very important player for them.

Is he quick?

If not, get out.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If Engels is permanently injured, I would welcome more quality competition than Hause. Still feel like the left back position is more important, however. 

You sir are insane, we have effectively 3 players for centre back but 2 for left back and 2 centre backs who can play left back

Edited by paul514

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Baresi for me, but neither are exactly mediocre footballers. 

They are amongst the worlds best, who go against the norm of taller centre backs.....due to their sublime talent, it works...i guess their reading of the game is the compensating factor in the main.

If they were the norm, clubs would not choose taller centre backs as a general rule.

There will always be exceptions to any argument.

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Morning guys, been building up strength and resolve to post this. After watching the Tesco’ carrier bag game last night and in particular the German import to Chelsea Werner, I’m now now of the opinion that  the majority of the so called quality players in the German league are very much overrated and Milot Rashica would be a terrible purchase for our great club. I fully understand that I may get the equivalent of the Judge Dredd Longwalk punishment for this post but felt it had to be done. So help me God

Don't worry. Werner is not overrated. It's Chelsea and Lampard that are the problem. I said when they signed him that it was the wrong move for him because they wouldn't play to his strengths. They won't know how to get the best out of him.

18 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Don't worry. Werner is not overrated. It's Chelsea and Lampard that are the problem. I said when they signed him that it was the wrong move for him because they wouldn't play to his strengths. They won't know how to get the best out of him.

So, like Hogan, then? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Very good to see a link to a cb, pressing need! Mings and Konsa won't be able to play every game of the season and when they aren't playing I'm going to be a nerve wreck everytime the ball is in our own half.

Always like us bringing in young players with potential, but more important now is to get someone in who can step in and perform from day one. So an experienced CB on loan and this young lord Nelson as well would be my preference.

• Like 1