Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

unsure if any truth, but listening to Rob Dorsett in an interview he reckons Villa dont have much more than 20-25m left to spend, and if we stumped 15-20m on Martinez we would have very little to spend after that.

I really hope he doesnt know what he's talking about, because we critically need to buy in 3 positions, GK, MC and winger/IF.

Very concerning if we are tight cash wise......

Hopefully Dorsett is talking c*ap.

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

unsure if any truth, but listening to Rob Dorsett in an interview he reckons Villa dont have much more than 20-25m left to spend, and if we stumped 15-20m on Martinez we would have very little to spend after that.

I really hope he doesnt know what he's talking about, because we critically need to buy in 3 positions, GK, MC and winger/IF.

This guy doesn't know sh*t

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Villastine said:

We're favorites to sign Trippier on Paddy Power.

Obviously means nothing just very surprised to learn that (1) there's a betting market on Trippier next club , and (2) we're the favourites!!!

i would bet hard against that.....

we already have Cash, Guilbert, Elmo and an up and coming Kesler.........right back is probably the last position on the pitch where we need more competition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Chances of Rob Dorsett being told Villas budget? Or any hack for that matter? Nada.

4 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Obviously means nothing just very surprised to learn that (1) there's a betting market on Trippier next club , and (2) we're the favourites!!!

Unless Trippier is considering international retirement I can't see him coming here.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, markc said:

Just watching skysports transfer centre 😶. David Moyles said there not going after Willy Nilly. Maybe we should going after him. 

Karen Brady is a fan of Willy though 

Spoiler

Yes, very childish, I know. Deal with it! :D 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Well, we haven't signed a right back in a week so they may be onto something. 

Don't really agree with this growing notion that Konsa is a better player than Tuanzebe. Even with Axel's truncated at best season Konsa had maybe a handful of genuinely good games himself and I'd say it was clear who the better was in the Championship.

Konsa is a good player with good potential but I'm definitely with anyone that reckons we could do with a more reliable option at CB. It just seems it's a ways down the list of priorities at the moment going off of the rumour mill.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I wonder if that inteview was before or after he jumped on the Rashica bandwagon to say we were in for him?

13 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Don't really agree with this growing notion that Konsa is a better player than Tuanzebe. Even with Axel's truncated at best season Konsa had maybe a handful of genuinely good games himself and I'd say it was clear who the better was in the Championship.

Konsa is a good player with good potential but I'm definitely with anyone that reckons we could do with a more reliable option at CB. It just seems it's a ways down the list of priorities at the moment going off of the rumour mill.

Konsa has shown he can do a pretty good job in the PL. Axel still hasn’t. Not saying he couldn’t but that’s the difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Yeah okay so you dont feel Origi would perform well at VP fair enough.. i cant see it myself based on how he can play he will do hundred times better than any of our current selection and can play Wing and centre forward which would be fantastic for us as we would get two in one. Benrahma would certainly be able to perform at this level so just like you im surprised nobody has launched a bid and ill be disappointed to see him go to another club other than us. Josh king doesn’t show any direction as far as im concerned it would not be a signing getting my stamp of approval but as you said its not our say so ill just wait and see what happens.

@nick76 Just out of curiosity could you name any forward players with that versatility that you would prefer to Origi i’m just intrigued to what other options are currently better than him based on the price he is being offered for and the experience he has plus the age factor as he is only 25? 

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Karen Brady is a fan of Willy though 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, very childish, I know. Deal with it! :D 

I'VE HEARD SHE LOVES WEST HAM DICKS. 

But not so keen now he's at The Boggies. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He's talking shit. We wouldn't have spent 16m on a RB and potentially 20m on a keeper if we couldn't afford to resolve the forward positions. We will clear a 100m net this window. I don't think it's lost on the club that we have to continually build and improve. I think we are far from done this window.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Konsa has shown he can do a pretty good job in the PL. Axel still hasn’t. Not saying he couldn’t but that’s the difference. 

Sorry but Axel is better. Stronger, faster, better in the air, just as good technically the only advantage Konsa has is injury record and first team games. My only concern with Axel is injuries.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I agree. I’d be far more confident going into this season if we had another solid pro at centre back. A 2020 equivalent of Olof Mellberg or even Richard Dunne would work a treat. Not necessarily spectacular signings when signed but reliable performers and neither cost a fortune. 

Valid points being made about the squad potentially becoming bloated in certain positions though and the wages, etc. that could with it. We already have at least four centre backs in the squad so would make sense to sell one if buying any more.