Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It would seem that way unless he’s thinking of playing two upfront next season which seems unlikely but who knows.  Links to Eduoard and Brewster suggest we maybe looking at options which we didn’t have last season with Jack floating across the front or just behind the strikers.

It is possible to have zero wide forwards or wingers, going 3 at the back and the newly brought Cash and Targett our left back who is better going forward than defending provide width.

i just don’t think we will do that. It’s 443 4231 or 451 which is really 443 but defending 

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Does anyone else agree with me that we need another centre back? If Mings is out we are left with a central defence of Hause and Konsa at best. If Kings and Konsa are both out we are playing Hause and Engels. That is terrifying. For me, we need to buy another centre back who is better than both Engels and Hause. 

What happened with the centre - half we were linked with last season, Christian or something. He was with one of the Turkish clubs, apparently, he was eager to come? 

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree and he scored 3 goals in open play.  Says it all!

6 goals and 4 assist in 26 games for a team that got relegated isn’t exactly the worst stats in the world. When a team isn’t playing very well every player suffers. He’s overall premier league record is 48 goals and 15 assists in 161 games.  I think you are being harsh.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It is possible to have zero wide forwards or wingers, going 3 at the back and the newly brought Cash and Targett our left back who is better going forward than defending provide width.

i just don’t think we will do that. It’s 443 4231 or 451 which is really 443 but defending 

We might have a chance of the league title with that formation. Especially if we get the players we're linked to.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

6 goals and 4 assist in 26 games for a team that got relegated isn’t exactly the worst stats in the world. When a team isn’t playing very well every player suffers. He’s overall premier league record is 48 goals and 15 assists in 161 games.  I think you are being harsh.

Josh King is cack

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Does anyone else agree with me that we need another centre back? If Mings is out we are left with a central defence of Hause and Konsa at best. If Kings and Konsa are both out we are playing Hause and Engels. That is terrifying. For me, we need to buy another centre back who is better than both Engels and Hause. 

I do.  But concerned with the fact we also need a  right winger, and gk and probably a CDM. That's a lot of business to do still. A backup cb is last on my list of priorities and doesn't need to happen before the day start of the season. 

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

For me neither are up to it , Hause just doesn't read the game well enough and poor Engles has zero pace 

I like Hause. Think he is defensively probably our best defender. But dwells on the ball to much. With his athleticism he doesn't need to be the best reader of the game, that is also something that comes with experience. Engels lacks not only pace but takes an age to turn. Positionally and passing he is very good. But this league needs athletes in defence.

Just now, nnock1984 said:

King wouldn’t be a bad signing, Rashica would be the better option. Surprised we’re not in for Buendina!!

Someone said bringing in Shakespeare we're going to implement Leicester fast break style.  Makes sense. Beundia doesn't fit that.

If we had an original £100m to spend we surely now have around £58m left? £20m for Martinez leaves is with £38m. If we can get Rashica for £22m I think we should then try to sign Swift for £8m (cover for McGinn) and Luyindama for £8m (cover for DM and at CB). 

That would give us a team looking something like this until Wesley comes back:

--------------------Martinez------------------

Cash----Konsa(RB)-------Mings-----Targett

--------------Luiz---------McGinn-----------

Rashica---------Swift---------Grealish

--------------------Watkins-------------------

Subs: Heaton, Luyindama(RCB/DM), Hause(LCB/LB), Hourihane, Trezeguet, Samatta, El Ghazi. 

When Wesley returns we could play him up front, Watkins out wide left and Grealish where Swift is relegating either Swift or McGinn to the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 goals from open play for a 28 year old established PL at his peak in the PL is poor.  I think you are being too kind to him.  

16m with 1 year left on him contract, I’ll pass.  For that money I’d rather go for potential in Brewster for a bit extra who can score of if we are serious then Eduoard.  But for me Brewster over King is a no brainer and the only choice was King, I’m not sure I’d do it for 16m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

King wouldn’t be a bad signing, Rashica would be the better option. Surprised we’re not in for Buendina!!

Buendia has the best stats in terms of creating chances, Rashica I still can't see him wanting to come, King is the most possible of the three and I think being in a side with Watkins and Grealish might bring out the best in him.

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Now i see how we will get both Watkins and Edouard into the side!

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

• Haha 4