Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Josh King is happening. So those that don’t like the sound of it. Tough titties! 

Paying 15m or similar for King who's 29 in Jan makes Watkins fee look a cheap bargain. Doesn't make sense to me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

This!

Jack loves to slow play down, so we do not need another player who does it.

Yeah was watching Beundia YouTube and looks amazing but I thought too similar to Jack and we don't another same role like you refer to

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

King has squad player / last resort signing written all over him. No way is he worth 16m with 1 year left on his contract after being back up to Fraser and Wilson.

except he was never backup to them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

3 goals from open play for a 28 year old established PL at his peak in the PL is poor.  I think you are being too kind to him.  

16m with 1 year left on him contract, I’ll pass.  For that money I’d rather go for potential in Brewster for a bit extra who can score of if we are serious then Eduoard.  But for me Brewster over King is a no brainer and the only choice was King, I’m not sure I’d do it for 16m.

Maybe I am. But surely not every player is as good as their last season?

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It is possible to have zero wide forwards or wingers, going 3 at the back and the newly brought Cash and Targett our left back who is better going forward than defending provide width.

i just don’t think we will do that. It’s 443 4231 or 451 which is really 443 but defending 

Or a modern/adjusted 442 with Luiz and McGinn centrally.  Rashica and Grealish, the wider roles and the Watkins and Eduoard upfront

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I hope that’s not the end of the Rashica talk though! I’d be happy with King in as an option in forward areas. 

Someone noted that King plays primarily off the right, and Rashica plays primarily off the left, so let's see.

Instant upgrade on AEG and Trez.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I am. But surely not every player is as good as their last season?

No I understand that point but I just not that excited by King, just not worth that for us IMO.  I know you see different and that’s fine.  I don’t think he fits our recruitment strategy that we seem to have been following either, so I would be completely surprised if there was any seriousness to our conversations about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack aside did any other of our players contribute to 10 goals? Just wondering because that’s with Josh King did from a wide position in what was a very poor season for him. 

I think Trez and AEG got 8 each.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

No I understand that point but I just not that excited by King, just not worth that for us IMO.  I know you see different and that’s fine.  I don’t think he fits our recruitment strategy that we seem to have been following either, so I would be completely surprised if there was any seriousness to our conversations about him.

I’m just being told that this is very likely to happen. So maybe I’m getting used to the idea. 

I do agree it doesn’t fit our transfer strategy but you could argue our strategy was a point away from getting us relegated. Maybe it needs altering a little bit?

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m just being told that this is very likely to happen. So maybe I’m getting used to the idea. 

I do agree it doesn’t fit our transfer strategy but you could argue our strategy was a point away from getting us relegated. Maybe it needs altering a little bit?

What does you guy say about all of Villa’s linked players, who’s on, who not? 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I should start getting used to it then, at the moment it would be disappointing arrival so maybe I need to change my mindset.

I agree re almost getting relegated hence why quantity last season, quality additions this season.  He would be in the former and I would’ve been happy last season.  I don’t see him as quality this season, just a squad player.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack aside did any other of our players contribute to 10 goals? Just wondering because that’s with Josh King did from a wide position in what was a very poor season for him. 

To be fair to him, he was played mostly on the right and is supposed to be a second striker that can play main striker or left wing. Is right footed and inside forwards like to cut inside onto their stronger foot. So really he was played out of position a lot.

• Like 1