Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

a £28m signing in Watkins on the bench?, literally not a chance of that happening, at least be realistic with the lineup m8.

I can completely see that lineup though, but with Watkins in Rashicas place. (could almost see Edouard/Watkins being interchangeable during the match......what a joy that would be to watch)

I think playing Watkins out wide is just as outlandish as keeping him on the bench tbh.

I'm just going by the latest Percy links and if they all come off. Personally, I don't mind either way if we get Eduouard as I like Watkins and hope he's our main striker.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Firstly I can’t see Wes ever scoring goals like King has in that video. Secondly he may not return for a while. Thirdly King can also play wide.

if we signed king his best position for us would prob be right wing/right IF tbh.

• Like 1

On the one hand fans are talking about the owners showing more ambition and then on the other hand they say if we sign a 28 million pound player he has to start. We have to change that mindset and look at the bigger picture. We eventually want two quality players competing for every position.

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we get all of our ideal signings, we could be lining up like this:

Eduoard

Grealish                              Rashica

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

Targett    Mings     Konsa    Cash

Subs: Heaton, Guilbert, Engels, Nakamba, Watkins, King, one of AEG/Hourihane/Trez, 

Look at that bench. So much stronger, with potential to change the shape without sacrificing quality.

Yeah, look at that bench with that £28-33m record signing on it 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Firstly I can’t see Wes ever scoring goals like King has in that video. Secondly he may not return for a while. Thirdly King can also play wide.

I can’t see King scoring as many as Wes going forward, he’s 29 in Jan.  

As for Wes returning I agree, I’d rather somebody else than wasting money on King

Great re wide but why don’t we add a bit extra and get a proper wide man rather than somebody than can play wide as a second position.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Eduoard

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

Subs: Heaton, Guilbert, Engels, Nakamba, Watkins, King, one of AEG/Hourihane/Trez, 

Look at that bench. So much stronger, with potential to change the shape without sacrificing quality.

Record signing on the bench... not happening

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

On the one hand fans are talking about the owners showing more ambition and then on the other hand they say if we sign a 28 million pound player he has to start. We have to change that mindset and look at the bigger picture. We eventually want two quality players competing for every position.

This is true, but I can't see Deano doing that to Watkins.

I don't think we will see that level of depth until next season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Eduoard

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

I know we're good but we could do with playing a goalkeeper😉

• Haha 1

Does anyone else agree with me that we need another centre back? If Mings is out we are left with a central defence of Hause and Konsa at best. If Kings and Konsa are both out we are playing Hause and Engels. That is terrifying. For me, we need to buy another centre back who is better than both Engels and Hause. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I can’t see King scoring as many as Wes going forward, he’s 29 in Jan.  

As for Wes returning I agree, I’d rather somebody else than wasting money on King

Great re wide but why don’t we add a bit extra and get a proper wide man rather than somebody than can play wide as a second position.

28-30 is when a player is at his peak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Does anyone else agree with me that we need another centre back? If Mings is out we are left with a central defence of Hause and Konsa at best. If Kings and Konsa are both out we are playing Hause and Engels. That is terrifying. For me, we need to buy another centre back who is better than both Engels and Hause. 

I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Think Hause is good back up to Mings. Defensively he's a beast. Engels worries me though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Think Hause is good back up to Mings. Defensively he's a beast. Engels worries me though.

For me neither are up to it , Hause just doesn't read the game well enough and poor Engles has zero pace