Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Confused Math GIF

it was Rashica holding up the deal, then it was Werder holding it up, now it’s Rashica. 

can this dude stay consistent. 

well Samatta leaving, must mean we can free up some funds for this deal 

Yeah. @AvfcRigo82 said the terms with the player were sorted in August. If Milot’s agent is pulling a fast one then we should spend the money on Liam Neeson to sort it out, he’s good with Balkan criminals. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Chelsea only paid 15 million or thereabouts for Barkley. I'd double their money to push this through, and that would probably still equate to value for money.

Edit: I know the reports are that the deal will be a loan, but if you don't mind me, I'm indulging some T-W-A-T dreaming over here.

I've got be honest here, If I'm doing that, I'm not thinking of Ross Barkley.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, colhint said:

I've got be honest here, If I'm doing that, I'm not thinking of Ross Barkley.

I'm out of likes for today.

Was well aware I was walking right into that one, but I decided to go face first anyway.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bose said:

The fella hasn’t a clue of the ins and outs. He’s now covered all bases to save face, whatever happens. 

I still believe it’s WB and Villa at a standstill and not the player. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It's exciting that we are genuinely back in the league that commands the attention of these players.

FWIW, Rashica is rated top 50 worldwide for attacking wide players, while I have not seen him play for hours myself, he's clearly a player with ambition.

I checked his numbers and he was a Bundesliga leader in most of the key areas for attacking play, I don't think there'd be anyone outside of Bayern or Dortmund better.

Barkley, at his best, could cut it in any team in the world. At Everton he was honestly masterclass brilliant. 

In my opinion, Chelsea spending 40 million each on two CM's in the winter before he arrived meant politics played a role in Barkley's position at the club.

Add Chelsea already having players like Fabregas and Kante at CM, and attacking players like Hazard, Willian and Pedro, meant opportunities would need to be grabbed when offered.

He still has ended up playing two thirds of Chelsea's fixtures. but now they have brought in more, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic and Jorginho among others who will occupy starting roles.

Anyway, it would seem Chelsea might not  be able to fulfill Barkley's appetite for the game. If we are the beneficiaries of that, that's one of the world's finest midfielders on our team.

There's no question Barkley at his best is world class, unfortunately while I sit here dreaming of this one coming to be, I also highly doubt it will.

I don't have any foresight into Ancelotti's plans but surely Everton with what they're building and where they are hoping to get to, would be able to offer what Chelsea won't.

There's always Loftus-Cheek. Pretty confident he and Grealish were the only two players in the Villa or Chelsea sides from that NextGen Series encounter to ever make the PL.

Cheers for that mate.  One thing I do not understand about Rashica if he is that good how come a club hasn’t snapped him. 30m these days is a bargain for a top player. 

If he joins us he will get a massive wage increase and be showcasing his talents in the most popular league in the world. 

Purely speculation but I think his desire for personal reasons is to stay in Germany but the bigger clubs don’t need him and the smaller clubs can’t afford him. 

I find it weird so many would be against Benteke signing. 

Yes he has been crap since he left, but you don’t go from being World Class to crap in the space of a summer like when he joined Liverpool.

We have seen first hand just how good he CAN be when he applies himself. 

Liverpool was the wrong move for him, he needed a big club that had faith in him, they didn’t.

Crystal Palace, well you’d be pretty depressed signing for them wouldn’t you?!

Aston Villa is the perfect club for him, a big club that he could settle back in with, the problem is his mindset has gone once Liverpool didn’t give him a chance. 

He has the talent to be world class again, just needs the right environment.

Benteke could be awesome with our current squad. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yes he has been crap since he left, but you don’t go from being World Class to crap in the space of a summer like when he joined Liverpool.

Liverpool was the wrong move for him, he needed a big club that had faith in him, they didn’t.

Aston Villa is the perfect club for him, a big club that he could settle back in with, the problem is his mindset has gone once Liverpool didn’t give him a chance. 

He’s been crap for about 3 years now mate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

get out gtfo GIF by Tony Awards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

God no to Benteke. We had some good times. But that was  half a decade ago and he has done nothing for years. Thanks for keeping us up but just no.

Pure nostalgia, keep those fond memories bringing him back would only sour those fond memories, move on 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Birmingham Mail says so? Pukka gen info then... 

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

this guy is clueless if he’s quoting Birmingham Mail. 

all the ‘Live’ websites are the worst thing to happen to the British local press 

Edited by CarryOnVilla