Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, bose said:

I think we must be close to a signing given that Samatta has left.

Don't believe for a minute we are finished with our business.

Me too. 

I don't think we're done with our business yet and I don't actually think we need a striker. I'd much prefer a winger who could play centrally if called upon. We have Watkins, Davis, Traore who can all play through the middle and Wesley is back in Jan/Feb. 
We need a LW and a central midfielder. 

I don't believe Rashica is going to come but we might get someone else. I was told a few weeks ago that Traore is going to be the last purchase and if we get anyone else is going to be on loan as we've got no more money to spend this summer. 

I refused to believe it at the time but as more and more outlets are reporting it then there's probably an element of truth in it. 

This is from someone who deals with a lot of agents especially when they come to the West Midlands clubs. When they deal with the agents they have to get the players name to do the job that they're supposed to. 

I hope it's Villa giving out information that we're not buying anymore so to throw others off but apart from a few loans I think that's the end of what's been a very good window.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's just been bullshitting the entire time mate. Guy knows less than Sky (is there such thing as negative knowledge?)

Sky coverage is pretty embarrassing to be fair. They seem to be copying and pasting from Twitter. Rob Dorsett was on last night discussing our pursuit of RLC and Barkley and why, one might ask, would Villa want another midfielder when they already have seven. Went onto discuss Lansbury being surplus, Grealish having a free role and Jota, El Ghazi and Trezeguet being used in wider roles. Completely omitted any mention of McGinn and Luiz who are our actual starting midfielders and would be the competition for those positions. I was in disbelief watching such incompetence. 

• Like 2

yep anyone who uses Sky Sports or Brum mail as their source knows absolutely f**k all.

I can understand us looking at loans and struggling with FFP,  but surely we just made 7Mil from Samatta sale? Going into the new season with one fit striker who can score, one who can't (in the Prem) and one who is injured, is suicidal. If the club go that route then they will get a huge backlash when Watkins gets injured.

58 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We shouldn't break the pay structure for him. He would already be getting a decent pay increase, so if he only wants to join for stupid money, then perhaps he isn't the right player for us after all. 

I don’t think 60-80k would be breaking the pay structure for our better players. Jack’s reportedly on over 100k a week and Mings would be on a decent wage too.

This is probably more BS anyway, too many contradictory statements and regurgitated information.

I hope we are not finished in the market as everyone can see we are short a CM and striker at a minimum. If the FFP allowance is all spent up then we should be targeting loans or free agents...doing no more business is just not an option in my opinion if we plan to stay up as a couple of key injuries will wreck our season.

Surely we haven’t finished in the transfer window. I mean think about it, Konsa was feeling his hamstring before the second Half. Of course I was glad he stayed on even with it. Can you blame me when the only other back up for centre back is realistically only Hause? I’ve never trusted Hause since we got to the prem, looking back at it, he was getting tortured last night against Bristol, when Elmo at centre half is carrying you through the game against the likes of Semenyo surely the thought of getting another CB comes to mind. Engels is always injured and Villa are still thinking about offloading him. Those two are both injury prone and although Engels can be decent on his day, not the best compared to Mings and Konsa. And surely we need another midfielder? I can’t stand to see Hourihane go against and destroy Ireland’s image of being fearless on the pitch. I’ve not seen someone pull out of challenges so much it’s starting to make me think he’s got bones the size and strength of a breadstick. Wouldn’t mind a winger either so we can play jack in the middle because now we have a goal scorer in Watkins, we can now have the chance of Grealish being in the position to play a striker through who can actually run and have good odds of putting the ball in the back of the net. Getting a rapid winger on the left just like we have on the right would give me confidence in the front 3 which I didn’t have last season.

44 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I think we've had a pretty decent window tbf. 

Massively improved on our goalkeeper and striker positions. 

I've said that to friends that support other clubs. Martinez and Watkins massively improved us. Everything else is gravy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingBromford said:

Surely we haven’t finished in the transfer window. I mean think about it, Konsa was feeling his hamstring before the second Half. Of course I was glad he stayed on even with it. Can you blame me when the only other back up for centre back is realistically only Hause? I’ve never trusted Hause since we got to the prem, looking back at it, he was getting tortured last night against Bristol, when Elmo at centre half is carrying you through the game against the likes of Semenyo surely the thought of getting another CB comes to mind. Engels is always injured and Villa are still thinking about offloading him. Those two are both injury prone and although Engels can be decent on his day, not the best compared to Mings and Konsa. And surely we need another midfielder? I can’t stand to see Hourihane go against and destroy Ireland’s image of being fearless on the pitch. I’ve not seen someone pull out of challenges so much it’s starting to make me think he’s got bones the size and strength of a breadstick. Wouldn’t mind a winger either so we can play jack in the middle because now we have a goal scorer in Watkins, we can now have the chance of Grealish being in the position to play a striker through who can actually run and have good odds of putting the ball in the back of the net. Getting a rapid winger on the left just like we have on the right would give me confidence in the front 3 which I didn’t have last season.

Don’t forget the McNulty get out clause (can’t remember the exact sentence) “unforeseen opportunity presents itself”

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don't believe Rashica is going to come but we might get someone else. I was told a few weeks ago that Traore is going to be the last purchase and if we get anyone else is going to be on loan as we've got no more money to spend this summer. 

I refused to believe it at the time but as more and more outlets are reporting it then there's probably an element of truth in it. 

This is from someone who deals with a lot of agents especially when they come to the West Midlands clubs. When they deal with the agents they have to get the players name to do the job that they're supposed to. 

I hope it's Villa giving out information that we're not buying anymore so to throw others off but apart from a few loans I think that's the end of what's been a very good window.

By who? F****** clueless bellend Rob Dorsett?

52 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Sky coverage is pretty embarrassing to be fair. They seem to be copying and pasting from Twitter. Rob Dorsett was on last night discussing our pursuit of RLC and Barkley and why, one might ask, would Villa want another midfielder when they already have seven. Went onto discuss Lansbury being surplus, Grealish having a free role and Jota, El Ghazi and Trezeguet being used in wider roles. Completely omitted any mention of McGinn and Luiz who are our actual starting midfielders and would be the competition for those positions. I was in disbelief watching such incompetence. 

nicolas cage laughing GIF