Jump to content

Summer Transfers Window 2020


sne
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wouldn't be looking for another forward unless one falls into our lap as it were. We have two competent forwards and the back-up should be ready in 3 months. If we are that unlucky that Watkins and Davis get inured then Traore can do a job until wesley is back. Given where we are with our squad there are more important areas to fill like centre-mid - although ramsey is putting up a good shout for consideration for the matchday 18.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, peterw said:

I wouldn't be looking for another forward unless one falls into our lap as it were. We have two competent forwards and the back-up should be ready in 3 months. If we are that unlucky that Watkins and Davis get inured then Traore can do a job until wesley is back. Given where we are with our squad there are more important areas to fill like centre-mid - although ramsey is putting up a good shout for consideration for the matchday 18.

This makes me very nervous. Watkins gets injured before Xmas and it's Davis up front = not many goals. Put Traore up front and it's AEG starting on the wing = wasted chances. Not getting another striker in will weaken us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This makes me very nervous. Watkins gets injured before Xmas and it's Davis up front = not many goals. Put Traore up front and it's AEG starting on the wing = wasted chances. Not getting another striker in will weaken us. 

Well it will  only weaken us if we get the injuries that we had last season and that's not a guarantee. It would of course it would be nice to get another forward in but there is a limit to what we can spend. I'd prefer to see c/m and c/b shored up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I seem to remember us being linked with Eliasson of Bristol City some time last season - he looked to be pretty decent last night, certainly a lot more use than Taylor. Might be worth a shout as back up to Targett. 

There was a link a few weeks ago.  I thought he was a winger?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There was a link a few weeks ago.  I thought he was a winger?

Derp - Yeah, you're right, I thought he was playing as a wing-back 🤣

Kinda hard to tell the difference these days with all the overlapping and defensive work... (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not saying I would want him back. But if the conversation is about getting a back-up forward in, then I think a loan deal is most likely for a prem forward rather than shelling out what's left of our budget on someone to sit on the bench for a large part of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â