Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

52 minutes ago, Awol said:

This same guy has 100% said before that we'd agreed personal terms and the hold up was structure of the fee payment. 

It all sounds fishy to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

rashica can **** off. Bored with him now. If we wanted to sign him and he wanted to have come here, it would have been done by now. Absolute waste of everyone's time this has been

Maybe so, but maybe the Watkins transfer lasted even longer but we just don't know about it.

We know nothing.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

rashica can **** off. Bored with him now. If we wanted to sign him and he wanted to have come here, it would have been done by now. Absolute waste of everyone's time this has been

Speak for yourself. For some of us, the Rashica thread has been the highlight of the year! That doesn't include me though.

The Rashica timeline from that Sadiku guy. Basically the same tweet all the time, just reworded really. Don't think he knows anything.

August 12th: Werder Bremen and his agent are in advanced talks with Aston Villa

August 18th: This week will be decisive for him. Aston Villa is still on the race.

Sept 13th: Milot Rashica is glad with potential move to A. Villa.  Werder is happy with Villa bid.  Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Sept 20th:  Aston Villa is in pole position. According to my sources, there are some small details to finish the transfer. Rashica have told Werder that he is happy to move in England.

Sept 25th: Milot Rashica update Aston Villa have met Milot Rashica's clause (25 million euro). But Villa couldn't find any agreement with Milot's personal conditions. Now, kosovan midfielder is waiting the answer from Premier League side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Your emotional feelings about this has no bearing on the deal, so take your glib repetitive statement  and

will smith gtfo GIF

pretty much all the transfers this season are taking time.

watkins, Rodriguez, Sancho, Suarez, Bale
all took/taking longer then they should have  

this is a Covid window where buying clubs value players way less and selling clubs valuing player way higher. Negotiations are taking ages. 

and if we are in for Rashica, It’s going to take time. 

1 minute ago, bose said:

The Rashica timeline from that Sadiku guy. Basically the same tweet all the time, just reworded really. Don't think he knows anything.

August 12th: Werder Bremen and his agent are in advanced talks with Aston Villa

August 18th: This week will be decisive for him. Aston Villa is still on the race.

Sept 13th: Milot Rashica is glad with potential move to A. Villa.  Werder is happy with Villa bid.  Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Sept 20th:  Aston Villa is in pole position. According to my sources, there are some small details to finish the transfer. Rashica have told Werder that he is happy to move in England.

Sept 25th: Milot Rashica update Aston Villa have met Milot Rashica's clause (25 million euro). But Villa couldn't find any agreement with Milot's personal conditions. Now, kosovan midfielder is waiting the answer from Premier League side.

Thanks for pulling all that together. Doesn’t make any sense for us to go round in circles for 6 weeks from advanced talks to no agreement. 

I honestly don’t know what to believe but here’s the article, backed up by next to nothing:

Aston Villa have - for the time being - walked away from transfer negotiations with Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica, BirminghamLive understands. 

The 24-year-old has been tracked by Villa throughout the summer window with sporting director Johan Lange at the heart of conversations with Werder transfer chief Frank Baumann and the player's representatives. 

It's understood that Villa have met Rashica's €22.5 million release clause (£20.5 million) but talks have stalled with Rashica wanting to double his reported €40,000-a-week wages.

Villa remain wary of handing out big wages to players who've yet to prove themselves in the Premier League. The majority of last season's squad are on low salaries compared to other teams in the Premier League, for example.

Jus get this done & pay the effing money Villa. We need this kind of player to take us to the next level or two...need El Ghazi & Trez as far away from the first XI as possible.

I would take Benteke as a third choice back-up striker till Wes is back fit in January. He’s a shadow of his former self but he would also be the 3rd choice starting striker and provide a nice nostalgia trip for the fans. Who else even half decent would come and take a third-choice role? We are in Borja Bastón territory!

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This same guy has 100% said before that we'd agreed personal terms and the hold up was structure of the fee payment. 

It all sounds fishy to me. 

Yeah he's also said it was all agreed except for small details and would be announced in next two days that was about a week ago. Something very odd going on with this transfer. 

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I would take Benteke as a third choice back-up striker till Wes is back fit in January. He’s a shadow of his former self but he would also be the 3rd choice starting striker and provide a nice nostalgia trip for the fans. Who else even half decent would come and take a third-choice role? We are in Borja Bastón territory!

Well I'd prefer Borja Baston to Benteke now you mention it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Yeah he's also said it was all agreed except for small details and would be announced in next two days that was about a week ago. Something very odd going on with this transfer. 

Not the transfer, but the guy tweeting  about it. 
he’s full of shit 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

WB want the money up front is my guess.