Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

48 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

heart beat man GIF To many,you said youd do it in one. I do agree with you though, to get to next level we have to forget about saving coins, we have to spend or we will  e in this league to make the numbers up.

I agree.  That heart pumping is kind of hypnotic!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

We have Ollie Watkins, he is a Villa player NOW. That’s my only interest. I’m not bothered about Abraham in any way, and certainly not at £55m. I don’t get why some Villa fans obsess over Abraham and Tuanzebe, they’re history to us and didn’t want to stick around. We HAVE Konsa and Watkins who both look to be coming along nicely. 

We need a squad.  If Samatta goes we could start the season with two fit strikers in Watkins and Davis.  That's scary and very foolish.  We already saw last season what starting with few strikers did.  Even if Samatta stays are you happy with Watkins, Davis and  Samatta as our strikers, I'm not.

Watkins is the future but until Wes comes back we are short, and yes we could use our wide people to help if the worst case scenario happens and Watkins gets injured or worse that Watkins doesnt work out.  For me we need another top striker from a squad point of view that is competing with Watkins and eventually Wes for the starting position(s).

As for Tammy, yes he's the past but also proven and could be future as he is proven.  To have in your squad Ollie, Tammy and Wes is great from injuries, form, tactics, options.  Just like in the wide positions you have Traore, Rashica and Grealish for only two positions.  It gives you options.

We now have to think about more than just first XI.  This isnt about whether Watkins is right or not, it's about the long season, the various options we have.  Whether it is Tammy or not we need another top notch striker otherwise we are very short in that area.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Maybe it was both of them. I know the King links suddenly came out of nowhere and have since disappeared. On 7th September Percy tweeted this...

Then two days later we confirmed Watkins and since then we've not heard a thing about King.

Proof that Percy is a clown and knows nothing. Said it back then and got blowback

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Everything you said was ok till you said Ghazi as a wide option, that's entirely the reason why if we buy Traore we need another Winger as well 

I think we have to be realistic though Dave. If we do manage to sign Rashica and Traore and a big name striker (Tammy/Edouard) then I can't personally see us signing another winger/wide forward.

I know we had the King links, he wouldn't be a bad signing at a decent price - but if we're raiding Bournemouth then Brooks is the man I'd want. Buendia would be nice too.

Anyway it would be great if we did but I would prioritise a quality new ACM, CB and LB all before that (at this stage).

It's a big season though for Anwar if we get this competition in, I think there's still a player in there - it's up to him if he grasps the opportunities when they arrive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Great for Chelsea, Werner wouldn’t come to us, Thiago to Liverpool for 20m wouldn’t come to us.  We have to pay what we have to pay to get the next level player,  Tammy would be awesome.

Tammy isn't worth 33m imo. Chelsea fans don't rate him. Overrated! Watkins will prove to be better.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Tammy isn't worth 33m imo. Chelsea fans don't rate him. Overrated! Watkins will prove to be better.

Abraham scored 18 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea last season. If Watkins can match or get close to that, he’ll have done well. I don’t understand why Chelsea don’t think that Abraham is good enough for them

Tammy scored 15 but had an expected goals of 19.28. Which means he should've scored more. A top strikers get more than goals than expected definitely not less. Overrated. 

Edit: Those are Premier league stats BTW.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Abraham scored 18 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea last season. If Watkins can match or get close to that, he’ll have done well. I don’t understand why Chelsea don’t think that Abraham is good enough for them

Because they watched all 47 of those games rather than just reading the numbers online. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would you pay £55m for him? I think Chelsea fans would laugh at us if we paid that much.

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Proof that Percy is a clown and knows nothing. Said it back then and got blowback

Or proof that he is close to the hierarchy and was prepared to put fake news out there on the promise of a few scoops. 

• Like 1