Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'd prioritise Rico Henry in and Taylor out first. Then I'd consider flipping Hause for a more experienced 30ish year old rotation player. With the wingers sorted and Jack being able to play anywhere in the front 6 I think we are sorted there, possibly flip Marvellous for better or Connor same but not both as we need continuity.

I do agree Taylor needs replaced but I don't think Marvellous is going anywhere.

So, do you think that after the signing of Cash, Watkins, Martinez, Traore, An AML and another striker that we will spend more? Another LB, CB and CM too?

If we had to fill these positions..  who do we think is filling them and for how much?

LB -    £m?

CB -    £m?

CM -    £m?

AML-   £m?

ST -     £m?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hopefully traore confirmed today.

I will assume the reports about rashica are correct, hopefully we get him soon.

After that the next critical signing is a quality MC.

After that, nice to have's would be a LB & CB to challenge the current first team.

Another one?

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My WBA mate triumphantly sent me this

First I've heard of it. 

I think literally every signing West Brom have made has come with a press release saying they beat Aston Villa to the signature. I am starting to think it is a deliberate tactic to gee up their fans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

West Brom beat Aston Villa to transfer as loan deal is completed

West Brom have secured the signing of promising Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher on a season long loan.

It’s understood that Albion have beaten off top flight competition to sign Gallagher; Midlands rivals Aston Villa and fellow promoted side Leeds United both showed an interest in the box to box midfielder.

First I've heard of it. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think literally every signing West Brom have made has come with a press release saying they beat Aston Villa to the signature. I am starting to think it is a deliberate tactic to gee up their fans. 

It’s in the Mirror Group Brum Mail, one of the worst rags on the planet. The only time one of their “journalists” goes anywhere near the Midlands is when they’re on the way to Old Trafford. Plus little clubs like the Boggies, SHA and our new local rivals Wolves, (who knew?), will always obsess about us. Take it as a compliment and be grateful that none of them came in for Jack. 😎

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Blues fans delighted as Birmingham beat Villa to the signing of TOP international striker despite the “clarets” desperately wanting him to sign a new contract!

Click HERE to find out who:

Spoiler

Scott Hogan

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

West Brom beat Aston Villa to transfer as loan deal is completed

West Brom have secured the signing of promising Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher on a season long loan.

It’s understood that Albion have beaten off top flight competition to sign Gallagher; Midlands rivals Aston Villa and fellow promoted side Leeds United both showed an interest in the box to box midfielder.

Made up, our owners have already said we're not going in for loan players

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do agree Taylor needs replaced but I don't think Marvellous is going anywhere.

So, do you think that after the signing of Cash, Watkins, Martinez, Traore, An AML and another striker that we will spend more? Another LB, CB and CM too?

If we had to fill these positions..  who do we think is filling them and for how much?

LB -    £m?

CB -    £m?

CM -    £m?

AML-   £m?

ST -     £m?

I think we could go with what we think are looking like nailed on to come in, flipping Taylor for Henry is a no brainer to add to that. Agree about that shifting Marvellous is very doubtful.

LB - Rico 9m

CB - Vida 7m

CM -  go with current and review next window

AML - This ones tricky as a worthwhile target will want games and there is no one better then Jack so Rachica covers that for me

ST - Tammy - 55m

We over spend this fiscal and sell to buy next fiscal, should balance things out.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Honestly think that Engels is underrated and hoping he is like a new signing, I'd prioritise Rico Henry in and Taylor out first. Then I'd consider flipping Hause for a more experienced 30ish year old rotation player. With the wingers sorted and Jack being able to play anywhere in the front 6 I think we are sorted there, possibly flip Marvellous for better or Connor same but not both as we need continuity.

i prefer engels to hause

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think we could go with what we think are looking like nailed on to come in, flipping Taylor for Henry is a no brainer to add to that. Agree about that shifting Marvellous is very doubtful.

LB - Rico 9m

CB - Vida 7m

AML - This ones tricky as a worthwhile target will want games and there is no one better then Jack so Rachica covers that for me

ST - Tammy - 55m

We over spend this fiscal and sell to buy next fiscal, should balance things out.

I would not like it if we are to become a club that has to sell.

Imagine next season no spending power unless we sell. That means losing our better players because the squad players wouldn't generate any money. Who do you plan to sell next summer: Grealish, McGinn, Luiz, Mings,...? it's not like selling Hause for £5m or Hourihane for £10m will give us a decent transfer budget.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

First I've heard of it. 

My WBA mate text me last night saying they had signed him, Never mentioned anything about Villa being involved.

It was the same scenario with Grady Diangana moving to them from West Ham, Apparantly they beat us to him aswell.

In all honesty, I don't think we were ever in for either player.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

32 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

LB - Rico 9m

CB - Vida 7m

ST - Tammy - 55m

You’d be happy to part with £55m for Tammy?! Chelsea would be laughing, they’d recoup all of their outlay for Werner at that sort of money. 

49 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s in the Mirror Group Brum Mail, one of the worst rags on the planet. The only time one of their “journalists” goes anywhere near the Midlands is when they’re on the way to Old Trafford. Plus little clubs like the Boggies, SHA and our new local rivals Wolves, (who knew?), will always obsess about us. Take it as a compliment and be grateful that none of them came in for Jack. 😎

Certainly sounds like the article could be written by a bitter Baggies fan?

• Like 1