Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

44 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not the thread I know, but Everton will be knocking on the Champions League door this season. They have bought well recently and especially this window, suddenly everything has clicked. They easily dispatched Tottenham. They have bags of cash too.

Well our bags are larger and more plentiful.

On a serious note though, people really underestimate how difficult it is to get into those Champions League spots.

Yes they have bought well, and have a brilliant manager, but so have the other teams above them who were already better than them.

Not saying they won't, but just saying.

They've been "challenging for top 4" for a few seasons now.

In other news, we've missed out on Thiago Alcantara, only 22 mill, what are the board playing at?! (Some fans think like this)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Hmm some tenious rumbles of Danny Rose, Danny the player i have a lot of time for. Solid attacking left back.

Danny the man I have no time for.

Free transfer ? but huge wages and big chip on his shoulder about football, the sport that made him a millionaire 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well our bags are larger and more plentiful.

On a serious note though, people really underestimate how difficult it is to get into those Champions League spots.

Yes they have bought well, and have a brilliant manager, but so have the other teams above them who were already better than them.

Now saying they won't, but just saying.

In other news, we've missed out on Thiago Alcantara, only 22 mill, what are the board playing at?! (Some fans think like this)

It’s why the Premier League is the best, most competitive league in the world.

It was once just Man Utd and Arsenal, then added Chelsea, then Man City, then a rejuvenated Liverpool, then Spurs, now Leicester and creeping up are Everton. That’s how tough it is.

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Hmm some tenious rumbles of Danny Rose, Danny the player i have a lot of time for. Solid attacking left back.

Free transfer ? but huge wages and big chip on his shoulder about football, the sport that made him a millionaire 🤦‍♂️

I hope not. He would bring down the vibe, he’s perhaps also too old for this regime.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I hope not. He would bring down the vibe, he’s perhaps also too old for this regime.

29 but a great athlete and has the experience we desperately need. Always impresses me when I see him play but as you say, the vibe. He just has that negative vibe since his outburst about football.

I would be happy with a 2 year contract to move us up that level, he wouldn't 🤣

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

how bout no GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, markc said:

Think I have Been drinking to much. Thinking Dele Alli is starting to make sense. 

Big name, midfield signing that would be a big shock to us. 

Break our transfer record. 

I believe he's good friend's with Jack. 

Looks like his time could be up with Tottenham and sounds like they need to sell to make way for Bale.

His wages are reported £100000 a week so not out of our reach. 

I know probably shouldn't have drunk too much😩

Have a kebab and go to bed.

22 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

**** NO. he is a pretty garbage player especially considering his cost

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

So Newcastle loaning him didn't coincide with Newcastle moving up the table ? 

Read a good analysis today of how poor he is going forward which was counter to my impression of him.

Arsenal I see trying to shift Kolasinac, Guendozi, Torreira. Any value in any of those? I haven’t seen much of them.

19 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

29 but a great athlete and has the experience we desperately need. Always impresses me when I see him play but as you say, the vibe. He just has that negative vibe since his outburst about football.

I would be happy with a 2 year contract to move us up that level, he wouldn't 🤣

I think he came across as an arse. I can understand why but it's a big no no if your looking for someone to outlay huge wages on you. Bet his agent was going crazy after seeing that.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I too would like to see a defender signed.....but I am happy with all the attacking focus too.

I saw a newspaper saying Will Hughes was available for 6 million, that seems a bit of a no brainer he is only 25 too he seems to have been around forever, change him out for Lansbury in the squad and that will a positive change for not very much.

13 goal contributions in 63 premier league games..... funny, I thought it would be less than that.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

If you think Rose is a good signing you've not been following football in general closely for ages

Btw, what are the real issues with Rose? Everyone seems to dislike him...

I don’t follow enough football beyond Villa nowadays or pay too much attention to other players & social media but I’m aware about some comments on not loving football and he’s (rightly) spoken out against racism. I’ve not watched the Spurs doc/series...

Beyond that, why the hate?

I don’t have an opinion personally, just wondering. Can’t even say if I’d like us to sign him but we need better than Taylor and an inexpensive option would be desirable in the short term.

He’d certainly be an upgrade on Taylor (who wouldn’t?) and has that much vaunted PL experience. Could maybe teach Targett a thing or two and end up improving his game (defensively).

On the other hand, I wouldn’t want any characters who could disrupt the dressing room spirit or harmony but... would he?

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Btw, what are the real issues with Rose? Everyone seems to dislike him...

I don’t follow enough football beyond Villa nowadays or pay too much attention to other players & social media but I’m aware about some comments on not loving football and he’s (rightly) spoken out against racism. I’ve not watched the Spurs doc/series...

Beyond that, why the hate?

I don’t have an opinion personally, just wondering. Can’t even say if I’d like us to sign him but we need better than Taylor and an inexpensive option would be desirable in the short term.

He’d certainly be an upgrade on Taylor (who wouldn’t?) and has that much vaunted PL experience. Could maybe teach Targett a thing or two and end up improving his game (defensively).

On the other hand, I wouldn’t want any characters who could disrupt the dressing room spirit or harmony but... would he?

Inexpensive in terms of fee not wages.

I bet if we combined fee and wages with a 7-10 million pound player plus wages with roses on a 3 year deal it wouldn’t be a crazy difference and the brought player would have a sell on value