Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Sorry if I have missed it but has there been a new link, errr.. linking.. us to Tammy?

Not my money but I think anything above £40M is too much - but I would love him or Edouard in (especially if Samatta is leaving).

I must say hearing Jack's interview and talk of the owners ambitions ETC - My first thoughts were of Abraham coming back. He obviously enjoyed is time here, knows the club well and watching Werner's debut the other night (I know he didn't score), he looks a class act and will be their first choice striker in all their "bigger" games.

That said, I'd be happy with Edouard too.

Watkins, Edouard (Abraham), Wesley and Davis up front

Rashica, Traore, Grealish, El Ghazi and Trez (& Watkins) as wide options.

Top 10 side that barring no injuries to key men. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather by 2 goalscoring attacking midfielders and/or wingers than spend 55 mill on Tammy. You people are nuts.

I genuinely feel that would give other fans reason to take the piss ala the 35 mill for Andy Carroll at the time.

Tammy isn't a 55 mill player by any stretch of the imagination IMO ( Yet - if ever )

We need another striker regardless, if Watkins gets injured we have Davis to fall on, or would you rather call of the move for Samatta and keep him here because I would trust him, we need a new second striker.

I do agree with you though that we need 2 wingers and 2 attacking midfielders all together,depth in those areas would be sweet.

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He would be welcomed back with open arms for sure.

From what we know, we enquired and he apparantly wants to fight for his place at Chelsea.

If he was to come this season then you are probably looking at paying anywhere around £40m-£50m for him, that's before other intricates could be added such as sell on clauses.

Never say never, but perhaps that's why we may have turned our attention to Eduaord instead? - Another £30m-£40m bracket player.

Is Josh King plan C?

Having to revert to a plan C was our problem last year, hoping we get more plan A's from now on.

King could be C, are the links real? do you rate him Rigo?

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Having to revert to a plan C was our problem last year, hoping we get more plan A's from now on.

King could be C, are the links real? do you rate him Rigo?

I was just stabbing in the dark that he may be the plan C. Don't know who or what is in the pipeline but I know we need another striker if Samatta leaves.

I do not know a thing about Josh King only that he is a striker that plays for Bournemouth.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Predictive txt

24 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I don’t get why some Villa fans obsess over Abraham and Tuanzebe, they’re history to us and didn’t want to stick around. We HAVE Konsa and Watkins who both look to be coming along nicely. 

Why should be obvious considering he already made the magic happen in his time here at Villa. He fit in perfect, helped get us the goals needed to be here in this league. We are now upgrading our team partly because of Tammy and some of you people are being stuck up about bringing him on again because it's a big price. Yet we go and pay 33 mill upto for a striker who hasnt done it at this level and wont risk some extra mills bringing a guy who was all over the pitch for us and showed endless energy, Heart and work Rate.

Taunzebe is another player who made that position his own, he bombed up and down the flank non stop and it was his energy that aided us in having such a good season. He is another player who gave it there all and like Tammy if we could give it them both deserve the chance at Villa.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was just stabbing in the dark that he may be the plan C. Don't know who or what is in the pipeline but so know we need another.

I do not know a think about Josh King only that he is a striker that plays for Bournmouth.

Funny how King sounded like it was almost a done deal before we got Watkins over the line. Since we signed Watkins, we've not heard a thing regarding King. Maybe it was just a name leak to get Brentford to hurry up?

13 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Sorry if I have missed it but has there been a new link, errr.. linking.. us to Tammy?

Not my money but I think anything above £40M is too much - but I would love him or Edouard in (especially if Samatta is leaving).

I must say hearing Jack's interview and talk of the owners ambitions ETC - My first thoughts were of Abraham coming back. He obviously enjoyed is time here, knows the club well and watching Werner's debut the other night (I know he didn't score), he looks a class act and will be their first choice striker in all their "bigger" games.

That said, I'd be happy with Edouard too.

Watkins, Edouard (Abraham), Wesley and Davis up front

Rashica, Traore, Grealish, El Ghazi and Trez (& Watkins) as wide options.

Top 10 side that barring no injuries to key men. 

Everything you said was ok till you said Ghazi as a wide option, that's entirely the reason why if we buy Traore we need another Winger as well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Funny how King sounded like it was almost a done deal before we got Watkins over the line. Since we signed Watkins, we've not heard a thing regarding King. Maybe it was just a name leak to get Brentford to hurry up?

I thought that was Callum Wilson?

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I thought that was Callum Wilson?

Maybe it was both of them. I know the King links suddenly came out of nowhere and have since disappeared. On 7th September Percy tweeted this...

Then two days later we confirmed Watkins and since then we've not heard a thing about King.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Maybe it was both of them. I know the King links suddenly came out of nowhere and have since disappeared. On 7th September Percy tweeted this...

Then two days later we confirmed Watkins and since then we've not heard a thing about King.

Interestingly and to be fair to John Percy he states "We were set to make a £16m bid", not that we had.

Maybe we weighed it up first before tabling the bid and all set to make a move when suddenly........     boof.. 

Doris goes flying spilling the hot cup of tea all over the fax machine in the process and shorts the electrics!?   No offer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My WBA mate triumphantly sent me this

First I've heard of it. 

We may have found Gallagher's availability"interesting", in much the same way as we did with Diangana. I would guess Gallagher would struggle to get enough games in our midfield, so Chelsea would rather have him at The Baggies. The other lad, would likely have been a plan C or D for us and we haven't moved from the top of our list just yet. Let them have their "triumphs" like these. They will be few and far between this season. ;)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree with you but the part where you understand we overpaid for Watkins, if that's the case then you can surely understand over paying for Tammy considering Tammy has had more experience at prem level and had a good run at this level.

If Watkins can get a season in double figures watch many fans on here all of a sudden start saying Watkins is worth 50 or more mill, you bet it will happen, so why not be prepared to buy Tammy at 55 when hes done that already.

Tammy already fit into the Villa squad before, hes simply an easy buy for us and he was one striker we managed to service right, no one fit as good as Tammy did in the lone striker position.

There is overpaying and there is overpaying. At £50m level you would be expecting a world class striker. Tammy (IMO) is not that at the moment. You have a different view and that's fine. I would be very surprised if we spent that kind of money on Tammy. 

At this point, Tammy has said that he wants to stay and fight for his place at Chelsea, so I would not be expecting him to come here, and I think the prices quoted - not that they really mean anything - are way too high. 

Watkins for £28m for me is a bit high, I would have said £20m - £22m - so maybe overpaying by £6-8m (I am ignoring the price rising due to add-ons, because if that happens it means he has done well and justified the spend). Tammy at £50m-£55m is £15m-£20m overpriced - in my opinion - which makes it a much bigger gamble. That's a whole Matt Cash.

Like I said, If he were available for £35m-£40m then I think we should go for it - but at £50m-£55m no.

Just on Tuanzebe - If we could buy him as backup, yes - but I think Konsa should be our "development prospect" - Not sure he would want to come here to sit on our bench over United's - unless he was happy to be in a rotation of him, Konsa and Mings, with Hause and Engels as backup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talk of Tammy is interesting, I guess Watkins can play on the wing or as a striker...

I wonder if Tammy does decide to stay at Chelsea for now he may have a rethink in January; I mean his options might be limited.

In terms of a fee he will cost a lot, last season in the PL 34 appearances, 15 goals. It's a good return.

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Or you could piss it away on 2 or 3 flops. Tammy is a guarantee of goals in my opinion and that is priceless. 

Sadly I still don't think he'll come and I don't think we'll spend that much on one player till next season, assuming of course we've had a decent PL campaign. 

Well he wasn’t a guarantee of goals after November last season. 10 of his 15 were scored by mid November, 7 coming in 3 consecutive games against Norwich, Sheffield Utd, and Wolves, over a span of 3 weeks. He scored 3 goals in 2020. 
I’m fully behind what we already have, Ollie Watkins, to prove himself the right option for Aston Villa football club

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Well he wasn’t a guarantee of goals after November last season. 10 of his 15 were scored by mid November, 7 coming in 3 consecutive games against Norwich, Sheffield Utd, and Wolves, over a span of 3 weeks. He scored 3 goals in 2020. 
I’m fully behind what we already have, Ollie Watkins, to prove himself the right option for Aston Villa football club

I'm pretty sure (and probably wrong) Tammy picked up a knock and Giroud came into good form and kept him out rest of season.

I will be happy if we get a couple of wide players signed in the next few days. We seem to have two "oven ready" wingers, so let's get them done, or move on to another one/two, if necessary. There are other players that I would have liked and other places in the squad that we could do with filling. Players may become available at the right price later in the window, but for now I think the priority need is to get two wide men in.  

Edited by John

49 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I like Tammy and I think he has lots of potential. But he has one season in the Prem, doing well in a very good Chelsea team. I think he would need to repeat that to be a £55m player. At the moment, I would say £35-£40m. I also think we overpaid for Watkins, but I understand why.

If he repeated it, we then couldnt get him because a bigger club would be after him.  The  more proven the more you pay

• Like 1