Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He has scored 3 goals this calendar year and before last season all of his goals were in the Championship. A proven goalscorer is someone who scores at the top level year in year out, eg - Aguero, Vardy, Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Salah, Mane etc. When Abraham has scored double figures at least for say 3+ seasons in a row, then we can say he is a proven goalscorer. I don't think he'd offer us any more than Watkins. I like Tammy but he is a limited player. Just look at his technique when he strikes the ball. He doesn't look like a natural footballer, so it's no wonder he misses so many chances.

We can’t attract the names you mentioned.  The rest is tosh about Tammy! Sorry!

• Like 1

Just now, Philosopher said:

That's what the stats suggest. I'm saying I rate Wesley at least as much as Tammy. Tammy is loved because he was a vital part of or promotion winning team. I love him too. I just don't get caught up in the romanticism, in making him the second best English striker. He isn't good enough for the Chelsea first team, isn't good enough for the England squad, and is at best an average Premier league striker.

Kane, Ings, Sterling, Rashford all scored more goals and had better expected goals ratios. Greenwood's potential is world class.  

Your stats - not the stats. I could produce some stats which suggests Tammy is better 😊

I reckon there is a good chance Wes doesn't play for us until well into next year.........and maybe not at all.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Of course I want world class but world class won’t come to us yet will they.  The area on the market we are in Tammy is the best we can get massively an increase on what we have.  If you don’t think Tammy would improve us, I’m shocked but I guess it’s a game of opinions....but it’s a bizarre opinion!

In your opinion my opinion is bizarre. I could say the same about yours, but it isn't bizarre, in the same way my opinion isn't bizarre. Your opinion is based on the fact you are biased because of his fine service to AVFC. My opinion is based on statistical evidence. Neither bizarre both understandable.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We can’t attract the names you mentioned.  The rest is tosh about Tammy! Sorry!

I'm not saying we can attract those names. I'm giving examples of players who are proven goalscorers. Tammy may never hit double figures again. He's not proven yet. Even James Beattie scored over 20 goals one season.

It's not tosh. He is a limited player and certainly not worth anywhere near £50m. Before we signed Watkins, would he have improved us? Yes. Now, will he? No, I think we'd be spending the majority of our transfer budget on someone who doesn't actually offer that much. Money we could instead use to spend on several better quality players.

Edited by Okonokos

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

In your opinion my opinion is bizarre. I could say the same about yours, but it isn't bizarre, in the same way my opinion isn't bizarre. Your opinion is based on the fact you are biased because of his fine service to AVFC. My opinion is based on statistical evidence. Neither bizarre both understandable.

Abraham has been prolific in 2 seasons in the championship.

Wesley ..............not prolific anywhere ....ever......

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Old Lady Wtf GIF

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Your stats - not the stats. I could produce some stats which suggests Tammy is better 😊

I reckon there is a good chance Wes doesn't play for us until well into next year.........and maybe not at all.

They're not my stats. They are published stats available to all. They have a little of my interpretation that is all. What you say about Wes is fair he has suffered a horrendous injury. 

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm not saying we can attract those names. I'm giving examples of players who are proven goalscorers. Tammy may never hit double figures again. He's not proven yet. Even James Beattie scored over 20 goals one season.

It's not tosh. He is a limited player and certainly not worth anywhere near £50m. Before we signed Watkins, would he have improved us? Yes. Now, will he? No, I think we'd be spending the majority of our transfer budget on someone who doesn't actually offer that much. Money we could instead use to spend on several better quality players.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

They're not my stats. They are published stats available to all. They have a little of my interpretation that is all. What you say about Wes is fair he has suffered a horrendous injury. 

Stats you’ve chosen to hit your argument

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

In your opinion my opinion is bizarre. I could say the same about yours, but it isn't bizarre, in the same way my opinion isn't bizarre.

Zzzzzzzzz

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Your opinion is based on the fact you are biased because of his fine service to AVFC.

You are guessing this not based on fact.  You don’t know how I’ve formed by opinion.

15 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

My opinion is based on statistical evidence.

Stats that you have chosen to suit your argument.

16 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Neither bizarre both understandable.

Zzzzzzzzz

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Zzzzzzzzz

You are guessing this not based on fact.  You don’t know how I’ve formed by opinion.

Stats that you have chosen to suit your argument.

Zzzzzzzzz

Tired Good Night GIF

TAMMY IN, THE REST OUT

Edited by Phil Silvers

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Yup an injury so bad - it makes any argument Wes v Tammy hypothetical.

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Great argument there. Like you said, nice to have differing views 🤨

You said he wouldn’t offer us that much now we have signed Watkins.....that’s just silly.  We have Watkins who I’m looking forward to, looks great but is untried at this level.  Wes whose injured until we don’t know when.  Samatta looks to be leaving.  Davis who’ll probably go on loan but if he doesn’t has already scored his one cup goal for the season.  Yet you are saying Tammy wouldn’t make us much better, that’s just plain silly!