Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The season started 6 days ago and we still haven't brought in a wide player. Shocking really. 

Man Utd arguably one of the biggest clubs in World football. They are struggling to sign people in this current market. I’m sure closer to deadline day, we’ll have more players in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Just took a deeper look at his stats. 15 goal from 69 shots, slightly below par. 34 shots off target. 23 offsides. 68% pass completion. Seems rather average to me.

I find this very interesting (genuinely), any chance you could do a comparison list with Tammy, Joe Linton, Richarlson, Maupey, Ayew.

Those are sort of Tammy level maybe. Then show the top stats for like Vardy etc.

Would really appreciate that if possible .

UTV

14 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not sure he's proven yet. I think £55m would be a ridiculous overpayment. Much, much better value elsewhere. I'd trust the Chelsea fans opinions on him as they see him more than anyone and even they don't seem to rate him.

Agreed with your recent posts - I too think Tammy is a bit overrated and likely to be overpriced, lacks technique and variety of finishing, scuffs a fair few shots and misses chances too. Penalties obv make his record look better. Ollie could actually be better and seems to have more technical ability.

I just find it funny how sometimes many of us are happy to trust fan opinions on one player (Tammy) and disregard them on another (Traoré). 🤣 

Anyway, I hope whoever signs for us will do well and we will back them (initially) of course. Confident we will be enhancing the first team (not that difficult is it?) in any case.

Would be delighted with Rashica too & very pleased we’ve signed Martinez.

Trust in Dean & co to get the recruitment right and not pay way over the odds.

• Like 2

Vardy 

Goals 23

Ex Goals 19

Shots 70

Shot on target 42

Offsides 28

Pass completion  72

Better in every way except offsides, but then breaking the offside trap is what Vardy is constantly trying to do.

However Vardy played 34 matches compared to 28 for Tammy. Showing the Chelsea created a lot more compared to Leicester.

I notice Sheff Utd are linked to Rhian Brewster and Chris Wilder has commented on it, stating that they're "not in the same position as other clubs" and that they could only get one player in up top.

Does anyone else think he's getting his excuses in early for this season? Hopefully we stuff 'em on Monday to compound that fact.

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I think this guy is being signed as back-up striker myself.

It’ll be Grealish and Rashica either side of a striker. 

No chance. We are absolutely desperate for a right winger and Rashica plays mostly from the left. Smith also prefers wingers with opposite stronger feet.

Doesn't mean we wont end up playing that if he doesn't turn out good.

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I notice Sheff Utd are linked to Rhian Brewster and Chris Wilder has commented on it, stating that they're "not in the same position as other clubs" and that they could only get one player in up top.

Does anyone else think he's getting his excuses in early for this season? Hopefully we stuff 'em on Monday to compound that fact.

I think there is substance with them looking to sign him, £25m or thereabouts.

They had a good season last season, I think they might just struggle to repeat that this season.

Maupay

Goals 10

Ex Goals 14

Shots 65

Shots on target 38

Offside 15

Pass completion 80%

Tammy slightly better in terms of goals to ex goals, but Maupays shots from range alot more and still has more shots on target.

Also I won't go into detail but his defensive stats are miles better than Tammy's.

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Why would anyone really care what Sheff Utd are doing? 😐 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why would anyone really care what Sheff Utd are doing? 😐 

Because it's a player we've been linked with?

Also because Wilder has actively spoken out about our ability to spend and other clubs stealing their targets.

Can’t remember where I saw it but apparently Dean said something along the lines of “he can’t wait to play with you” to Jack during an interview after the Burton game?

Can anyone elaborate and/or provide a link to audio/video?

Wonder who he was referring to...

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

Because it's a player we've been linked with?

Also because Wilder has actively spoken out about our ability to spend and other clubs stealing their targets.

That's just press speculation and an obvious fact about our spending ability compared to theirs.  I don't think it's getting excuses in early.

People are very sensitive these days.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t remember where I saw it but apparently Dean said something along the lines of “he can’t wait to play with you” to Jack during an interview after the Burton game?

It was probably the same guy that got on a plane at Burton to Denmark the day after..   then onto Germany 2 hours later. Who knows!?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It was Dean's creepy uncle with the wandering hands

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What about it?

suspect.

Already charged by the FA for Misconduct in 2019....doesn't matter, we are not in for him anyway.

Edited by TRO