Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You’d be happy to part with £55m for Tammy?! Chelsea would be laughing, they’d recoup all of their outlay for Werner at that sort of money. 

I think Ollie is going to be amazing and if we could get Tammy we would have 2 very good strikers, would be awesome considering we had none at all last year. There's no chance Chelsea let him go on the cheap and giving what Ollie cost, 55m is about right for his ability and experience for his age.

I take it you don't rate him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You’d be happy to part with £55m for Tammy?! Chelsea would be laughing, they’d recoup all of their outlay for Werner at that sort of money. 

I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Great for Chelsea, Werner wouldn’t come to us, Thiago to Liverpool for 20m wouldn’t come to us.  We have to pay what we have to pay to get the next level player,  Tammy would be awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not for £55m. I think you could get 2 or 3 much better quality players for that instead.

Or you could piss it away on 2 or 3 flops. Tammy is a guarantee of goals in my opinion and that is priceless. 

Sadly I still don't think he'll come and I don't think we'll spend that much on one player till next season, assuming of course we've had a decent PL campaign. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Abraham is good and I'd have him back but he's nowhere near a £55m player.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So choice between having Tammy or not having him? You go with having him.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Not for £55m. I think you could get 2 or 3 much better quality players for that instead.

That's interesting, 55m is a figure I just threw our there based on the Ollie fee, Tammy would cost more because he is more proven at prem level after last year, he is also an England international and would retain or increase his value depending how he does because he is still young.

What 2 players could we get for that sort of money that are both better than Tammy?

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Or you could piss it away on 2 or 3 flops. Tammy is a guarantee of goals in my opinion and that is priceless. 

Sadly I still don't think he'll come and I don't think we'll spend that much on one player till next season, assuming of course we've had a decent PL campaign. 

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

That's interesting, 55m is a figure I just threw our there based on the Ollie fee, Tammy would cost more because he is more proven at prem level after last year, he is also an England international and would retain or increase his value depending how he does because he is still young.

What 2 players could we get for that sort of money that are both better than Tammy?

Well a certain Werder Bremen forward is apparently available for less than half of that price 😜 It just shows that if you shop around you can get much better quality for your money abroad. I know it brings added risks of them not settling in a new country and possibly flopping but also you have to look at the value for money and £55m is very steep for Abraham, in my opinion. That's a large chunk of anyone's transfer budget. Maybe I just don't rate him as highly as some.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think Ollie is going to be amazing and if we could get Tammy we would have 2 very good strikers, would be awesome considering we had none at all last year. There's no chance Chelsea let him go on the cheap and giving what Ollie cost, 55m is about right for his ability and experience for his age.

I take it you don't rate him.

I don’t rate him in the £55m category, no. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

ST - Tammy - 55m

47 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You’d be happy to part with £55m for Tammy?!

20 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Abraham is good and I'd have him back but he's nowhere near a £55m player.

He would be welcomed back with open arms for sure.

From what we know, we enquired and he apparantly wants to fight for his place at Chelsea.

If he was to come this season then you are probably looking at paying anywhere around £40m-£50m for him, that's before other intricates could be added such as sell on clauses.

Never say never, but perhaps that's why we may have turned our attention to Eduaord instead? - Another £30m-£40m bracket player.

Is Josh King plan C?

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Great for Chelsea, Werner wouldn’t come to us, Thiago to Liverpool for 20m wouldn’t come to us.  We have to pay what we have to pay to get the next level player,  Tammy would be awesome.

heart beat man GIF To many,you said youd do it in one. I do agree with you though, to get to next level we have to forget about saving coins, we have to spend or we will  e in this league to make the numbers up.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I's rather by 2 goalscoring attacking midfielders and/or wingers than spend 55 mill on Tammy. You people are nuts.

I genuinely feel that would give other fans reason to take the piss ala the 35 mill for Andy Carroll at the time.

Tammy isn't a 55 mill player by any stretch of the imagination IMO ( Yet - if ever )

Exactly. £55m spent wisely can be used to make a good squad great by signing players in multiple positions. If you're spending it on one player, I think they pretty much have to be world class for that kind of money. As much as I love Tammy as a person and for nostalgic reasons, I sadly don't think he is or ever will be worth that much. Long term, I think his level will be mid table to Europa League level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I don’t get why some Villa fans obsess over Abraham and Tuanzebe, they’re history to us and didn’t want to stick around.

No? Nothing to do with their loans expiring and their parent clubs A, Keeping hold of them to utilise them in their squads. B, Sticking price tags on their heads which we couldn't afford at the time anyway combined with offering new contracts.

I am sure both would come back in a heartbeat if the terms and time was right.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I like Tammy and I think he has lots of potential. But he has one season in the Prem, doing well in a very good Chelsea team. I think he would need to repeat that to be a £55m player. At the moment, I would say £35-£40m. I also think we overpaid for Watkins, but I understand why.

I agree with you but the part where you understand we overpaid for Watkins, if that's the case then you can surely understand over paying for Tammy considering Tammy has had more experience at prem level and had a good run at this level.

If Watkins can get a season in double figures watch many fans on here all of a sudden start saying Watkins is worth 50 or more mill, you bet it will happen, so why not be prepared to buy Tammy at 55 when hes done that already.

Tammy already fit into the Villa squad before, hes simply an easy buy for us and he was one striker we managed to service right, no one fit as good as Tammy did in the lone striker position.