Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Obviously the media knows very little but if we go by the players we've been linked with it is a bit worrying IMO.

Apart from Rashica and McKennie it pretty much been players I would consider "lazy links" as in newly relegated ones, Championship ones and Brentford ones. The type of links some summer intern would come up with if they knew nothing about us and had to come up with a bunch of names quick to have something to post.

Really hope it is just lazy links because if this is as far as our imagination goes it's bit worrying. Especially since last years transfers mostly went via the same guy as in Engels agent who hooked us up with the Belgium connection.

Edited by sne

It makes no sense. From Dean's first transfer window he has always stated an urgency to get players in early to blood them and get them settled. Suso or lange, we would have surely had priority positions, identifying 6 or 7 names to improve those positions.

How is it so difficult to find a winger better than el ghazi, or a striker better than samatta.

Imo there has been z huge **** up somewhere and we will pay for it in the first couple of games. Sheff utd at home is one we should target 3 points. No excuses

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Still feel Villa are working on signing Edouard which could be why everything is quiet at the moment. I also feel Benrahma & Watkins will be signed within a week.

Would also love to see Rico Henry at the Villa as well. Signing 2 or 3 players from the same club will always take time but I’m confident by the end of the window Villa fans will be more than happy.

That would be a brilliant window if that’s how it ends up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Really happy the Wilson transfer has fallen through. He was awful season last season, rumours he was on £100k a week and there is no resale value.

We really do need another striker though and at least one winger, preferably two or we are in for another slog of a season. 

I dont care about resale I care about not starting PL games with Samatta up front. A pub player.

It's getting to the stage now that even if Bournemouth quoted 10m for Wilson. We would still try and put in a lesser bid.

It is abysmal. Abysmal. Deadly had more balls in the market than we do.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Obviously the media knows very little but if we go by the players we've been linked with it is a bit worrying IMO.

Apart from Rashica and McKennie it pretty much been players I would consider "lazy links" as in newly relegated ones, Championship ones and Brentford ones. The type of links some summer intern would come up with if they knew nothing about us and had to come up with a bunch of names quick to have something to post.

Really hope it is just lazy links because if this is as far as our imagination goes it's bit worrying. Especially since last years transfers mostly went via the same guy as in Engels agent who hooked us up with the Belgium connection.

I get the feeling DS has really put his foot down and demanded to the owners we just sign domestic this summer. He's in the biggest position of strength he'll ever be as Villa head coach I think and very nearly lost his job due to most of our signings taking months to settle in.

Trouble is it's a very narrow pool of players and we know from the last few years down there a very overpriced market for not proven top level players.

I get the feeling if we're haggling over a million here and there we might aswell just use the loan market and then re-assess next summer when hopefully some of the loans have helped us to mid table and we should be deemed a more attractive prospect.

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wilson would be a very good signing for Newcastle and how they play.

Big upgrade to Jolinton

My dad who is 82 would be a big upgrade on Joelinton.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I don't think we were ever in for Wilson. I really don't. Either his name was leaked to try and hurry up Brentford or to get Newcastle to pay up.

Very odd then how very respected media channels have all reported that we withdrew our higher offer.

Im fine with us not signing Wilson. He’s not worth £20m imo and hopefully it means we can get a better player in.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I get the feeling DS has really put his foot down and demanded to the owners we just sign domestic this summer. He's in the biggest position of strength he'll ever be as Villa head coach I think and very nearly lost his job due to most of our signings taking months to settle in.

Trouble is it's a very narrow pool of players and we know from the last few years down there a very overpriced market for not proven top level players.

I get the feeling if we're haggling over a million here and there we might aswell just use the loan market and then re-assess next summer when hopefully some of the loans have helped us to mid table and we should be deemed a more attractive prospect.

Hope not, that would be a silly and very expensive strategy and it would be worrying if Dean didn't feel he has the ability to handle, integrate and get the best out of foreign players. Really shouldn't be a PL manager if that's the case

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Very odd then how very respected media channels have all reported that we withdrew our higher offer.

Im fine with us not signing Wilson. He’s not worth £20m imo and hopefully it means we can get a better player in.

Lol

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I dont care about resale I care about not starting PL games with Samatta up front. A pub player.

It's getting to the stage now that even if Bournemouth quoted 10m for Wilson. We would still try and put in a lesser bid.

It is abysmal. Abysmal. Deadly had more balls in the market than we do.

And yet we don't even know if we were ever interested in Wilson. What if we had no interest and our name was just used as a tactic? Would that still make it abysmal?

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Genuinely getting concened about the state of some VT'ers mental health with all the anguish I'm reading on here.

A lot of the things that people are getting upset about aren't fact. They are a combination of paper talk, lies, fake itk info, speculation and personal expectation of what should have happened by now.

The actual facts are that we have signed two players, lost no players and there is plenty of time left in the transfer window.

Don't get upset about things that aren't fact. Focus on the truth. It'll make your lives much less stressful

I like this but who is the second player?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Must say, I really really haven’t enjoyed this transfer window

Every time I feel like this I remember that we could have been relegated. We would have had a real summer of anguish then. For what it’s worth, I predict that everybody will be feeling much better by this time next week