Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Callum Wilson prefers Newcastle and panic begins to creep in.

Alot can happen in 7 days in football.

Am I one of the few actually pleased we are not signing shite like Callum Wilson?

I look at it as a sign we are looking to do bigger things.

It all depends if we were ever in for him in the first place. I suspect we weren’t

Adama was sold because (1) he wanted to leave (2) he was about to escalate to £100k p.w. which was frankly ridiculous. And Barcelona had some buy-back clause if he became good.

Given he was ineffective at this point, and remained as much for a couple of seasons it was a decent decision, Albert was a very decent servant, and the season we lost in the playoff final, he was as much a reason we were there as anyone, he was red-hot. There was no sign Traore could become effective enough to justify his contract. History is littered with this type of talent come good, but there a greater amount of situations the other way around, where you buy a decent player and they lose their way.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Callum Wilson prefers Newcastle and panic begins to creep in.

Alot can happen in 7 days in football.

Am I one of the few actually pleased we are not signing shite like Callum Wilson?

I look at it as a sign we are looking to do bigger things.

Amen to that post brother. We'd be better off making a play for Woodrow Wilson! And he passed away in the 1920's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Why on earth would Edens send a text to all of the team stating Our intention is to strengthen the team to restore it at the top of the premier league and Europe If that was not the case

Not saying you are wrong by the way

Not sure to be honest and you’re right it doesn’t really make sense. But seems like there is a lot of haggling over small amounts. (Relatively speaking) feels like we could’ve had Watkins tied up before spurs even showed any interest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

Not sure to be honest and you’re right it doesn’t really make sense. But seems like there is a lot of haggling over small amounts. (Relatively speaking) feels like we could’ve had Watkins tied up before spurs even showed any interest 

Alot of haggling over small amounts from greedy championship clubs!!

I wonder if Villa are finding clubs in Europe and elsewhere are also trying to pull our pants down over deals. I doubt it!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We play in 3 weeks. 

We currently have the worst keeper in the league and the worst strike force in the league. 

We've signed a rb 

Really don't want to turn negative but the recruitment last year pissed me off and now its looking woeful at this point. I hope things change soon.

What a waste of back to back miracle seasons if we don't significantly improve our squad this summer. 

I know it’s only newspaper talk so take with a pinch of salt, but what surprised me was our ‘late’ interest in Diagana when allegedly we bid at the 11th hour but it was too late because we were “too busy with closing the Cash deal”. This smacks of negligence., and are we not capable of multitasking? Surely all our targets are already known and initial progress should be some way down the road irrespective how the wider transfer market and jigsaw pieces fall?

Edited by thunderball

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I know it’s only newspaper talk so take with a pinch of salt, but what surprised me was our ‘late’ interest in Diagana when allegedly we bid at the 11th hour but it was too late because we were “too busy with closing the Cash deal”. This smacks of negligence., and are we not capable of multitasking? Surely all our targets are already known and initial progress should be some way down the road irrespective how the wider transfer market and jigsaw pieces fall?

We could have outbid WestBrom by £20m, it wouldn't have mattered. We had no chance of ever getting Diangana.

That's not a bad light on us, His heart has been set on WBA for months.

Again something I'm not remotely bothered about. I'm please he went there.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

No matter when we get to the nitty gritty of negotiations, other teams are always touted as being interested. Generally it’s just a negotiation tool used by the selling club or the player’s agent to get a better deal. 

Provided we get a decent number of our targets over the line, I’m happy that we’re trying to keep fees under some sort of control. We’ve been mug punters for long enough. If we save a couple of million here and there on some signings It leaves a bit more to throw at a signing we’re after or possibly an extra signing that’s a bit of a punt at the end of the window. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm just saying mate.

If we as a club want to take it to the next level we need to be able to attract the top talents.

Not having a high profile coach may become a problem for us.

Agree with this. Look at Everton, same Financial resources and if anything less so, similar profile club, never really threaten enough to be very attractive, but they sign Ancelotti and pull in very decent players.

The issue that they are still not brilliant isn’t the point here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A quiet one, but i'm not sure about shambolic.

I think it would be fair to wait until 6th Oct before writing it off.

Absolutely this. It’s been good so far. We have kept all of our players and signed a really exciting full back. Let’s see where we end up. Keep the faith. Thank God we stayed up otherwise this thread would be hilarious.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We could have outbid WestBrom by £20m, it wouldn't have mattered. We had no chance of ever getting Diangana.

That's not a bad light on us, His heart has been set on WBA for months.

Again something I'm not remotely bothered about. I'm please he went there.

I’m not.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

No matter when we get to the nitty gritty of negotiations, other teams are always touted as being interested. Generally it’s just a negotiation tool used by the selling club or the player’s agent to get a better deal. 

Provided we get a decent number of our targets over the line, I’m happy that we’re trying to keep fees under some sort of control. We’ve been mug punters for long enough. If we save a couple of million here and there on some signings It leaves a bit more to throw at a signing we’re after or possibly an extra signing that’s a bit of a punt at the end of the window. 

Bang on Dave.

I felt we would spend roughly £150m in this window - allowing us to blow up to £50m on a statement signing and 5/6 signings at around the £20m avg.*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A quiet one, but i'm not sure about shambolic.

I think it would be fair to wait until 6th Oct before writing it off.

If we fill our requirements with decent talent and not get our trousers pulled down, and still keep our wages in check, it will be a success. We don’t need too much to improve. But we don’t want to tread water.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It smacks at media bullshit to me. I read a couple of weeks ago that Man U were putting all their efforts into signing Sacho. Are we expected to believe they just have a small office with a secretary working overtime to get their transfers done one at a time too? 

• Like 1