Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Now to spend another £150m but on a smaller amount of better quality players. 

And if Jack goes you can make that £230m.  With what we've already got that should ensure no repeat of what's happened this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I would go for Ake, Sarr, Deulofeu, Hudson Odoi, Abraham, Benrahma and... so on.

I'm always vary of going for defenders from relegated clubs. Deulofeu is injury prone. Sarr definitely yes. Abraham if he's available then yes. BenRahma is probably going to be too expensive. Okafor is someone who is imo better and cheaper than BenRahma. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He looks unbelievable.  His run just now was superb.

Just lacked the finish 

Shame, he's not having one of his better games, bit below par at the moment, and Watkins is having a mare!!

Edited by jonjon

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We need to act fast for once and get new players in pronto. Season starts in 6 weeks!

And before any Newcastle takeover is approved. (If it is)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Honestly think our first signing will be Axel now we've signed up.

There were rumours we'd agreed to sign another CB from a prem club on condition we stay up and he just seems obvious given DS likes getting back players who've previously played for him and know his style. He's hardly played for Man. United since October so needs to get out of there and play somewhere regularly.

Whether he'll come as part of any Grealish deal or seperately I don't know.

If our owners are serious about properly competing then intent has to be shown by trying to nab one or two very decent players from clubs that might not expect it, and that from the outside might not appear obtainable. Go and try to unsettle Jimenez at Wolves, have a go at Ward-Prowse at Southampton, maybe even have a pop at a Leicester player or two, a Harvey Barnes or Ndidi. They might not come off but we should be looking to chip away at those at a level above us, it’s how Man City approached the task when they nicked Barry, Milner, and then Delph away from us. When players currently at clubs above our level aren’t attracting top 4 clubs then we should now be positioning ourselves as the next best thing, just like Man City did nearly a decade ago. Pay the salaries and get two or three really good Premier League players in that the top 4 won’t go for, make sure we’re the next best option in terms of salary and ambition. Speculate to accumulate.

• Like 2

Players from the championship we should be looking at, not including the relegated sides I've already done a post on:

Eze, Swift, Antonee Robinson and if brentford don't come up it's finally time for Benrahma.