Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 hours ago, thabucks said:

I see the Turkish media trolling us with clickbait stories of Trez, Samatta & co going to Turkey? I mean don’t get me wrong I wish it were true and I expect Nakamba and El Ghazi to be linked next to Turkish sides and wasn’t Wesley also touted as a poss target? It does seem strange all the links and probs just BS ... 

I hope the stories are true.

If we stay up..

This transfer window should be interesting.

There are going to be a lot of good players available.

Cantwell, Buendia, Doucoure ect 

Premier league experience please and some quality wide players.

We also need a quality striker

Like what I've seen of buendia, but is he a winger or more of a Grealish replacement?

I think we should close this thread untill Sunday evening so as not to tempt fate.

• Like 1

I think I say this every summer but you need to look at the players and options available in each position.

Right now I think we have decent options at centre forward (assuming we most play 3 up front) with Wesley, Samatta, Davis but we are crying out for some options on the wing with Jack, Trez, El Ghazi, Jota our only options for two spots. This is where we need to invest most/ all of our money. We need one and possibly two Saint-Maximin type players with bags of pace and trickery. Depending now how Brentford get on we will most likely be looking at Benrahma again and hopefully we can get another. If Watford go down we could do a lot worse that picking up Sarr. 

I think with better wide options we would see better returns from the strikers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Like what I've seen of buendia, but is he a winger or more of a Grealish replacement?

I think we should close this thread untill Sunday evening so as not to tempt fate.

Agreed! I've just written a post and have made myself nervous! 

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I was just about to post something similar, we can still be relegated 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We absolutely have to go all out trying to sign Benrahma.

Can't do the Maupay mistake again.

What makes you think that if we don't go up you can sign him this time round, according to to the press etc you weren't prepared to pay the price in the last window, I think Villa might have missed the boat once again this time round, his stock and price have escalated to at least twice the price you were "allegedly" prepared to pay, and even during this monitory restraint due to Covid-19 we are not desperate for the money, and also reading between the lines I think he would prefer a London club, but then, who knows, offer us and him the right money and he, like most players will go wherever, remember, money is still what it's all about. 

Not many mention him, but I’d love to see James Ward-Prowse in the team, for me he’d be a big upgrade on Hourihane. Can play 2 or 3 positions in midfield and has a wicked set piece. In the wider areas it’d be nice to see Sarr and Benrahma come in as upgrades on Trezeguet and ElGhazi. I think we could do with an experienced CB, and as mentioned above I think Smalling could do a job, and I think he’s out of contract this summer? That’d be a really good free transfer. 
Id imagine we wouldn’t get much change from £100m for the first 3 I mention above. 
I am factoring in Grealish leaving, and our owners giving the manager all of the proceeds from Grealish sale and adding the same again. And of course we need to win at West Ham, or we’re talking about Wycombe Wanderers and getting very depressed!

29 minutes ago, jonjon said:

What makes you think that if we don't go up you can sign him this time round, according to to the press etc you weren't prepared to pay the price in the last window, I think Villa might have missed the boat once again this time round, his stock and price have escalated to at least twice the price you were "allegedly" prepared to pay, and even during this monitory restraint due to Covid-19 we are not desperate for the money, and also reading between the lines I think he would prefer a London club, but then, who knows, offer us and him the right money and he, like most players will go wherever, remember, money is still what it's all about. 

I think that if we manage to stay up then our owners will give the green light to another summer spending spree, numbers that would match last summer’s spending, probably exceed it. The difference this time is that we need maybe 4-5 players instead of 12-13. So spending can be focused on quality rather than quantity. To be honest I hope you boys get promotion at West Broms expense, it’d be great to see Brentford in the Premier League in your new stadium. 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I think I say this every summer but you need to look at the players and options available in each position.

Right now I think we have decent options at centre forward (assuming we most play 3 up front) with Wesley, Samatta, Davis but we are crying out for some options on the wing with Jack, Trez, El Ghazi, Jota our only options for two spots. This is where we need to invest most/ all of our money. We need one and possibly two Saint-Maximin type players with bags of pace and trickery. Depending now how Brentford get on we will most likely be looking at Benrahma again and hopefully we can get another. If Watford go down we could do a lot worse that picking up Sarr. 

I think with better wide options we would see better returns from the strikers. 

Centre forward is a priority.

Davis should be loaned out to a Championship or League One side for a full season.

Wesley will most likely still be recovering and getting himself fit come the start of the season in September.

Samatta is an unproven striker, but may become better with quality around him.

We have to buy a proven goalscorer for the start of the season. Unfortunately the likes of Ings, Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Maupay, Wilson are out of our reach; the clubs would be demanding £40-50 million for them.

Outside of the box we will have options such as Iheanacho, King, Long, Gayle, Batshuayi, Mitrovic. All players who have proven to be goalscorers at PL level. The key then, as you say, is to get some quality around them in the midfield and mostly in the wide areas.

The Championship (non promoted) and the relegated teams (hopefully not us) are where we can pick up some quality. I would love to see Sarr, Doucoure, Buendia, Aarons or Lewis picked up from the teams around us. And from the Championship, without promotion players such as Benrahma, Watkins, Grant, Mbeumo and Eze would all be attainable targets with a transfer budget for quality alone.

58 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I know Brentford are playing well, I know Benrahma has had a great season. But if you don’t get promoted you won’t be getting £40 million for him. That’s the ceiling of his price even if you come up.

I don't want to hope, but if we stay up I think we also need a striker, welsey won't be fit for the start of the new season and we need more options up front.

So imo we would need a DM/MC, two wingers and a striker minimum.

Would probably need two midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker tbh.

• Like 1

I’m getting ahead of myself after last nights results and been dreaming of our summer business. As @DCJonahpointed out we need 1st X1 players and I’d keep the majority of the squad if we stay up and tweak. Here’s my suggestions. 

Glen Kamara - DM £7-10 million 

David Brooks - AM £20 million+

Calvin Stengs and/or Dwight McNeil - RWF/LWF £20-£30 million 

David Turnbull - CM £3/4 million 

Rafael Leao/sorloth/muriqi/ edouard/ Johnathan David - Striker £20-£30 million 

Djule Caleta-Car/ kristoffer Ajer - CB £20 million. 

Just over £100 million with Jack’s sale funding the majority and others where applicable. We also need LB cover Baba Rahman at Chel$ki could be a cheap option. 

Just have to stay up...