Relegation thread

Knutserov13

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well that's us officially relegated. I'd like to say we gave it a go but we didn't. Apart from grealish the rest of that team is championship level. Mings and McGinn might be okay in a better team. The rest? Not close to being good enough.  We are comfortably the second worst team in the league. 

This is a very bad post.

Well this was the game we absolutely had to win and as always we've bottled it. 

We're going down, I've accepted it for a 2nd time this season. Don't see how or when we're going to get our next points. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok, I'm going to wait until the last game. If we are within safety at that point then it's a chance. 

If we are are still in with a shout on the last day that would be an achievement in itself - Id take that right now.

• Like 1

I of course expect the players and coach to try, that's the bare minimum. Like others I just have zero faith in their, ability, competence or desire to win another game this season. We might get 2 or 3 draws, but we are effectively relegated as it only takes Bournemouth or West ham to win one game to stay ahead of us.

It's been a piss poor season..should have saved us the misery and just ended the season instead of going through this bullshit. 

Even just a draw at the weekend would lift us out of the relegation zone as West Ham and Bournemouth don't play, they'd have a game in hand but would put pressure on them. I think we can get a win against Wolves, in a derby anythng can happen, especially in the early kick-offs.

Its going to annoy me if we go down on goal difference. Citeh at home was a big blow. We need to get our forwards scoring to have any chance, what had happened to the midfield chipping in with some. Looking at Grealish, Hourihane, El Ghazi to come up with something. Anything. Please.

If we stay up I think it will be a case of other teams being 'more sh1t' than us rather than any blistering form on our part.

Moving forward for the rest of the season I would line up like this;

Nyland 

Elmo/Fred Konsa/Engels Mings Targett

Luiz

Grealish   Nakamba   Conor/McGinn

Davis       Samatta 

It's been said all season but our wide players are simply not good enough, I wouldn't start either of them for rest of season, "impact" subs at best. 

Norwich could have a huge impact on where we finish with still having to play Brighton, Watford and West Ham hopefully they are still in with a 'minute' chance of staying up when playing those games.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 00:08, VillaChris said:

What is the long haul though? I know our spell in the championship did at times feel like an eternity but it was only 3 years which isn't much when you compare it to Leeds (16 years), Sheff Weds (20 years) and Forest (21 years although I fancy them to win the play offs). Sunderland are certainly going to be out of the premier league for a long time now and Stoke aswell look likely.

If these owners are as good as you all say they are they will make the decisions regarding players and management that will get us straight back up, finances permitting. In fairness they did that last time which was pretty good considering they only took over on the eye of the start of the season so there wasn't much time to sack Steve Bruce. Giving him the first two months pretty much killed off any top 2 bid.

Something will have to go very wrong for us to be even longer in championship this time. Believe it or not but we have been a decent club long before Jack Grealish started kicking a ball around.

The wrong manager "Smith" or another poor choice and we may be down there for longer than last time. Alot longer

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The wrong manager "Smith" or another poor choice and we may be down there for longer than last time. Alot longer

Championship seasons are long. We looked a long way from a promotion team in October last season and even late Feb and still went up. We also got to a play off final under the chaotic Xia ownership.

We we still attract good players at that level so keep a decent core from this squad and I expect us to be top 2.

I take it you're not a fan of the new owners @mykeyb?

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its going to annoy me if we go down on goal difference. Citeh at home was a big blow. We need to get our forwards scoring to have any chance, what had happened to the midfield chipping in with some. Looking at Grealish, Hourihane, El Ghazi to come up with something. Anything. Please.

City do that to everyone in the bottom third. It was the game against Leicester that really hurt.