Relegation thread

Knutserov13

17 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I spend my US Sports time watching the Vikings and other Minnesota sports. I’m used to heartbreak.

I'm a 48yo Villa fan who was born and raised close to the stadium. No matter how much success I've seen, the heartbreak still really hurts when we lose. I try to offset it by expecting us to lose bigger than we actually do and betting on the opposition whenever we go a goal ahead so I know I'll at least make some money to drown my sorrows with. 

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It will be like an antelope being surrounded by hungry lions.

I feel bad for Smith. You can tell he deeply cares about the club but he's just way out of his depth at this level.

This is just a lie. 

You wanted him to lose his job last season. You don't feel sorry for him at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This is just a lie. 

You wanted him to lose his job last season. You don't feel sorry for him at all

That doesn't mean I can't like him as a man and can't sympathize with him.

Just now, villalad21 said:

That doesn't mean I can't like him as a man and can't sympathize with him.

Oh you sympathise with him, you just wanted him to lose his job a couple of months after getting it. 

Real empathy right there. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh you sympathise with him, you just wanted him to lose his job a couple of months after getting it. 

Real empathy right there. 

Me wanting him replaced doesn't mean i hate the man.

I wanted Bruce out, i don't hate the man.

I wanted Lambert out, i don't hate the man.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

in real terms, smith aint going anywhere until the summer. So i think we just need to get behind him ffs

Some would argue that summer is already here ;)

We have 35°C where I live :D 

• Like 1

We're stll only two points from safety with twenty-one points to play for after today's game. When you expect the expected sometimes the unexpected happens. We might need to take drastic action though to give ourselves even a small chance.

1 minute ago, useless said:

We're stll only two points from safety with twenty-one points to play for after today's game. When you expect the expected sometimes the unexpected happens. We might need to take drastic action though to give ourselves even a small chance.

Exactly. We have been completely pathetic and if we were just marginally less so we'd be OK. 

Well that's us officially relegated. I'd like to say we gave it a go but we didn't. Apart from grealish the rest of that team is championship level. Mings and McGinn might be okay in a better team. The rest? Not close to being good enough.  We are comfortably the second worst team in the league. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well that's us officially relegated. I'd like to say we gave it a go but we didn't. Apart from grealish the rest of that team is championship level. Mings and McGinn might be okay in a better team. The rest? Not close to being good enough.  We are comfortably the second worst team in the league. 

2 points off safety, 7 games left to play. Officially relegated. 🤣

• Like 1

We're right in it.  Still got a chance but you just don't see where we are going to get points from compared to our rivals.  We're going to have to get something unexpected and we just don't look like we have that in us.