Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Maybe people will stop moaning. This is what a relegation battle looks like.

Shit teams playing shit football failing to get points. We're still right in the fight for survival.

Its definitely better and less tense than the 1st Lambert season when Wigan losing some games in hand kept us up after we seemed dead and buried a few weeks before

Looking back we also had Wigan on last day and never came down to it so hopefully West Ham will be similar

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Shit teams playing shit football failing to get points. We're still right in the fight for survival.

It's like people don't remember the Lambert years, or even the McLeish and Houllier years before that. We were always pulling up permutations and hoping enough of our rivals were shitter than us. Luckily they always were. The year we actually got relegated it wasn't even a race.

• Like 2

Alexander-Arnold after being interviewed after their win against Palace said with a steely visage that they want to break points records this season. They might rest a few players here and there but Imagine it will still be a very strong team, and I don't think they will be taking it easy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Alexander-Arnold after being interviewed after their win against Palace said with a steely visage that they want to break points records this season. They might rest a few players here and there but Imagine it will still be a very strong team, and I don't think they will be taking it easy.

They have anything else to play for, they are out of both cups, so they might aswell go for the points record. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We shouldn’t be in this situation though, we had the chance to be clear by getting something out of the easier run of fixtures against the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Southampton. 

We blew it and now relying on other teams and us getting something against some very good sides, a task we have failed to do thus far this season. 

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 12:30, The Fun Factory said:

This season hasn't been a disaster. Disappointing yes but its hardly 15/16. Most teams who win the playoffs go straight back down again though none have spent as much as Villa though. And we got to a cup final as well.

Personally I think we have lost a bit of  elite club invincibility when got relegated four years ago and although it was will be disappointing if we get relegated it won't hurt as much as we are used to failure now.

Its such a terrible thing to get used to.

The ambitious clubs show defiance to failure and quickly set about plans for success.

make no mistake here......bad decisions cause failure and action has to be taken to stop that.....if you make more bad than good decisions, that ratio, will have you in trouble.

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He was a sham, never had 2 beans.  These 2 are proper multi billionaires confirmed. 

He used Villa for something totally outside our scope of interest. Con man.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They need 13 points from 7 games to break the record which means that regardless of what happens this weekend, they'll still be in the hunt by the time they play us.

Yes, but....some senior players might opt out entirely because they don't want to risk covid exposure. i know, I'm grasping at straws..

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Teams like them with their designed mentality, will want to win a game of tiddly winks.

This kind of approach has been instilled by Klopp.

Thats what managers of that calibre do.....we had one once, very similar.

I think the majority of footballers are like that to be honest, they all want to win and do the best they can that's part of the game and a natural instinct, most people are like it when taking part in competitive pursits, (with myself being a rare exception), don't have to professional athletes, their will to win and hard work counts for a lot but the main thing that sets the likes of Liverpool and Man City apart is their footballing ability.

And to be fair it didn't seem like they wanteed to win against us all that much in the league cup.

Obviously Liverpool winning the league is sickening by any stretch of the imagination but it was always going to happen so I am REALLY glad it's happening tonight because the only way we have even a small chance of getting something against them is if the play us with nothing to win and the Victory parade already out of the way. 

What the hey.  Even a point against an on the beach Liverpool would be way way more than we would have expected if matters were still undecided. 

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

In 61 pages I'm sure it's been said, but this really is a contest to see who's the most useless / spineless out of us, West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth, and no-one's doing themselves any favours right now.

Remaining games...

Us: Wolves, Liverpool, Man U, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

Bournemouth: Newcastle, Man U, Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton

West Ham: Chelsea, Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man U, Villa

Watford: Southampton, Chelsea, Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal

From that list I'd say Bournemouth are in deep trouble if they don't get something from Newcastle.  West Ham and Watford run ins look easier but assuming Norwich don't give up completely, a lot of those teams still have everything to play for.

Ironically Steve Bruce could indirectly decide the whole thing. C'mon Brucey, we love you really. 

Possibly.

Incidentally, speaking of remaining games, I make the average league position of the opposition for each team to be:

Bournemouth - 8th (8.00)

Villa - 9th (8.57)

Watford - 11th (11.00)

West Ham - 13th (12.57)

Not too much in it.

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's like people don't remember the Lambert years, or even the McLeish and Houllier years before that. We were always pulling up permutations and hoping enough of our rivals were shitter than us. Luckily they always were. The year we actually got relegated it wasn't even a race.

I don't recall us being IN the zone with such a difficult run in from this point. 

Our saving grace is this is not a normal season but if this was a regular season it would be hard to see us getting more points than the others (and it still is now) with our run in. 

51 minutes ago, useless said:

He doesn't pick the team or pay the insurance premium. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham-Watford going to be huge for us near end of the season. We play Everton away on the same weekend.

Yes its in our hands. that's all we can ask for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

We shouldn’t be in this situation though, we had the chance to be clear by getting something out of the easier run of fixtures against the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Southampton. 

We blew it and now relying on other teams and us getting something against some very good sides, a task we have failed to do thus far this season. 

By that own logic, couldn't Watford and Bournemouth say the same?

We have absolutely no right to expect to be clear of relegation at this stage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

By that own logic, couldn't Watford and Bournemouth say the same?

We have absolutely no right to expect to be clear of relegation at this stage.

I’d say West Ham have the biggest cause to say it after the money they have spent in recent years. 

• Like 3