Relegation thread

Knutserov13

With results going our way, I believe we only need 9 points. Not sure where those wins are going to come from. Will probably need 1 shock result, 1 out of CP, Everton, Arsenal, and a win versus West Ham.

The 6 points we lost to Bournemouth really stings! 

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

Can't see us beating Wolves, Man Utd, Liverpool b team, Crystal palace or Everton. Although Arsenal are the for the taking we likely won't.. Has anyone seen anything to suggest we can?

Short answer - no

Long answer - 

Danny Devito No GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It is amazing to see the difference in mood in this thread to the Newcastle reaction thread. All is not lost folks. The game in hand is gone but we’ve gained two points on Bournemouth and West Ham. We are still in the mix. Maybe we can draw our way to safety! 😜

Newcastle aren't staring relegation in the face, and in a dogfight where a win is worth literally gold.

If we were in their league position, a draw would have been lovely jubbly.

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Can't see us beating Wolves, Man Utd, Liverpool b team, Crystal palace or Everton. Although Arsenal are the for the taking we likely won't.. Has anyone seen anything to suggest we can?

I can see 5 points from Wolves, Palace and Everton. Everton drop points to everybody, any version of that team can show up on the day. It all depends on the last day against West Ham and if Liverpool B team are feeling charitable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Newcastle aren't staring relegation in the face, and in a dogfight where a win is worth literally gold.

If we were in their league position, a draw would have been lovely jubbly.

Sorry. I meant our ratings and reactions thread on the game today. I’m sensing more positivity here. 

4 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Sorry. I meant our ratings and reactions thread on the game today. I’m sensing more positivity here. 

Well newcastle fans are notoriously tough to please afaik.

We would be dancing in the street with their current position :)

also the more positivity here is likely part delusion and part unfounded hope.

:)

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can see 5 points from Wolves, Palace and Everton. Everton drop points to everybody, any version of that team can show up on the day. It all depends on the last day against West Ham and if Liverpool B team are feeling charitable.

Liverpoo, are chasing a points record I dont  see them playing a b team even after they win the league. Wolves, Palace and Everton I think we can get 7 points from those 3 games.

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

Depends really. We have a decent record against their U23’s

After Chelsea a week today West Ham have a run of games where they play Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Norwich (a), and Watford (h) consecutively. That's their chance to start picking up points. Easier said than done though.

I honestly think anyone who thinks we are going to stay up is off their rocker. We will lose our next three games and the way we are playing we'll be lucky to score a goal in any of them. 

It's done. Accept it. 

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I honestly think anyone who thinks we are going to stay up is off their rocker. We will lose our next three games and the way we are playing we'll be lucky to score a goal in any of them. 

It's done. Accept it. 

And yet, we are the only club (from the bottom 4) who have actually scored since project restart happened.