Relegation thread

Knutserov13

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

eh? like everton? or newcastle? i mean, we won't, but we COULD do the double over those teams potentially

Everton no chance.

Elite manager like Ancelotti will have a field day with Smith.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Everton no chance.

Elite manager like Ancelotti will have a field day with Smith.

Same elite manager who lost to Liverpool reserves this season 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Same elite manager who lost to Liverpool reserves this season 

It will be like an antelope being surrounded by hungry lions.

I feel bad for Smith. You can tell he deeply cares about the club but he's just way out of his depth at this level.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It will be like an antelope being surrounded by hungry lions.

I feel bad for Smith. You can tell he deeply cares about the club but he's just way out of his depth at this level.

Surely that was the same when Ancelotti played Liverpool in January 

This is a a very simplistic way of looking at football we can't beat ths and that team because they're doing better than, we won't beat this other team because they have a more decorated manager. We will beat Newcastle because we've beaten them already this season, we have a chance of survivng because we drew wth Sheffield United, now we've lost to Chelsea so we have no chance. Football doesn't work like that otherwise it would be easy to predict and you'd be able to make a lot of money betting on it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, useless said:

This is a a very simplistic way of looking at football we can't beat ths and that team because they're doing better than, we won't beat this other team because they have a more decorated manager. We will beat Newcastle because we've beaten them already this season, we have a chance of survivng because we drew wth Sheffield United, now we've lost to Chelsea so we have no chance. Football doesn't work like that otherwise it would be easy to predict and you'd be able to make a lot of money betting on it.

Actually it's not simplistic when there's only 8 games left and we are yet to beat a top 6 side.

Stats don't lie mate. We are the worst defensive team in the league and i don't see that changing anytime soon.

Well I don't see it changing either but as I perceptively oracled football isn't that predictable, there will be unpredictable results, over the season it's not as if we've actually been that bad, it's still the case that in in a lot of past seasons 26 points after 30 games wouldn't even see us in the bottom three, the way some talk you'd think we were as bad as Derby or Sunderland, or ourselves the last time we were relegated, we're quite capable of winning a few matches here and there, that's not to say I think it's definitely going to happen, but there's a chance.

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Exactly. Plus there's nothing we can do about it anyway, so there's little point moaning.

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

In 7 years you got to see our record winning streak and a playoff final win - you're doing pretty well. Before then, all we'd had since 1996 was a few good seasons and the peace cup 🙂🤣

Ahem......

trophy2_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwi

How could you forget eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good battling draw for Brighton there - they even might be slightly miffed not to have won.

Wish our squad showed the same resolve and determination.

That gap above the bottom 3 is starting to look comfortable for the Seagulls now.