Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What's clear is everyone around us is complete dog shit too. 

It's going to be a war of attrition.  Least worst wins. 

Ah, the glamour of the Premier League-watch to see which of this year's cannon fodder gets relegated back down to a competitive league.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ah, the glamour of the Premier League-watch to see which of this year's cannon fodder gets relegated back down to a competitive league.

I'm pretty confident that if we somehow manage to get out of this mess we won't be near again. I think the owners will invest big again and it will be on a smaller number of better quality players. 

Many of our first team will be bench warmers and the current bench warmers won't be in the match day squad. 

I trust their ambition. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Usually one of the bottom teams finds a bit a form this late in the season. Watford, West Ham, bournemouth and norwich are not doing it (neither are we) but whoever gets a few points more than expected could stay up. I guess a point away at Newcastle is better than losing at burnley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'm pretty confident that if we somehow manage to get out of this mess we won't be hear again. I think the owners will invest big again and it will be on a smaller number of better quality players. 

Many of our first team will be bench warmers and the current bench warmers won't be in the match day squad. 

I trust their ambition. 

I am still waiting on Dr Tony's ambition of champions league footbal at a 60,000 Villa Park.  lol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It really is exactly this. At this rate 30 points would be enough to stay up...

• Like 1

In 61 pages I'm sure it's been said, but this really is a contest to see who's the most useless / spineless out of us, West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth, and no-one's doing themselves any favours right now.

Remaining games...

Us: Wolves, Liverpool, Man U, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

Bournemouth: Newcastle, Man U, Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton

West Ham: Chelsea, Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man U, Villa

Watford: Southampton, Chelsea, Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal

From that list I'd say Bournemouth are in deep trouble if they don't get something from Newcastle.  West Ham and Watford run ins look easier but assuming Norwich don't give up completely, a lot of those teams still have everything to play for.

Ironically Steve Bruce could indirectly decide the whole thing. C'mon Brucey, we love you really. 

Possibly.

I think we need three points at least from the next three games to give us a chance going into the last four. Won't be easy we've either got to beat one of Wolves, Man Utd or Liverpool, or draw all three games. On the one hand I'm not too hopeful, but on the other I don't think it's impossible either that we could sneak a win in one of them, and surely we must be due a win.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am still waiting on Dr Tony's ambition of champions league footbal at a 60,000 Villa Park.  lol.

Ugh dont remind me. But I need to own it and say i was a supporter of Dr.X. I made a mistake. I wont lower my standards for anybody relating to Villa ever again. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we need three points at least from the next three games to give us a chance going into the last four. Won't be easy we've either got to beat one of Wolves, Man Utd or Liverpool, or draw all three games. On the one hand I'm not too hopeful, but on the other I don't think it's impossible either that we could sneak a win in one of them, and surely we must be due a win.

See I don’t really agree with this position anymore as our rivals are so terrible. It’s going to come down to the head to heads I think. 

Yes we might not need that many the way other teams' results are going, would be nice to get a win from one these more difficult fixtures coming up though just to give us a bit of confidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes we might not need that many the way other teams' results are going, would be nice to get a win from one these more difficult fixtures coming up though just to give us a bit of confidence.

I can’t see it at all. I think all 3 will flatten us and I’m a bit concerned Liverpool will put 7+ past us...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Can Liverpool win the title before we play them?

They can win it tonight if Citeh don't win

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AXD said:

Usually one of the bottom teams finds a bit a form this late in the season. Watford, West Ham, bournemouth and norwich are not doing it (neither are we) but whoever gets a few points more than expected could stay up. I guess a point away at Newcastle is better than losing at burnley.

That's the killer, we were the better team and really should have won against Sheffield and Newcastle. Those points might almost have been enough to do the job the way everyone else is going. 

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He was a sham, never had 2 beans.  These 2 are proper multi billionaires confirmed. 

55 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

In 61 pages I'm sure it's been said, but this really is a contest to see who's the most useless / spineless out of us, West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth, and no-one's doing themselves any favours right now.

Remaining games...

Us: Wolves, Liverpool, Man U, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

Bournemouth: Newcastle, Man U, Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton

West Ham: Chelsea, Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man U, Villa

Watford: Southampton, Chelsea, Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal

From that list I'd say Bournemouth are in deep trouble if they don't get something from Newcastle.  West Ham and Watford run ins look easier but assuming Norwich don't give up completely, a lot of those teams still have everything to play for.

Ironically Steve Bruce could indirectly decide the whole thing. C'mon Brucey, we love you really. 

Possibly.

Bournemouth's games are dreadful alright, but if newcastle act like that are on a saudi beach they might get something. I don't think they will get anything from Utd, Spurs, or Leicester as all are fighting for european places and city will be preparing for champs league then. Southampton and Everton might have taken their foot off the gas by then but they could be down by that stage with any bit of luck. 

For us, Wolves are a serious side but its a derby of sorts so you'd never know. Liverpool might be playing the kids as they will have the league won by then, Utd will beat us as per usual (really sick of that BTW), and I genuinely think we can pick up 1-2 wins from our last 4 games as Palace Everton Arsenal will have nothing to play for. I will brown all my trousers if it comes down to a shootout with West Ham on the final day. wouldn't be able for that now at all. 💩🤢

Edited by Bomvilla7