Relegation thread

Knutserov13

11 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

A big tip of the hat to the corrupt people running VAR (cost us 7 points at least) and the Premier League bosses who have as good as condemned us with the ridiculous fixture congestion and unfair laying out of those fixtures which yet again saw us disadvantaged too.

Worst season i have ever witnessed, appalling.

The failure of VAR to pick up a legitimate own goal from Nyland won us a point against Sheffield United and fixture congestion hasn't prevented the teams above us from picking up points since the restart. I just don't want it to be thought that there's any reason for us going down aside from the fact that we're not remotely good enough. This team has been simply abysmal from the first match against Man United in August and has no business in the Premier League on merit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Guys, I think we did a Fulham

The funny thing is if Fulham kept together the team that beat us at Wembley the might of made a better fist of it last season. They ripped it all up unnecessarily. We kinda had no had choice.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

The failure of VAR to pick up a legitimate own goal from Nyland won us a point against Sheffield United and fixture congestion hasn't prevented the teams above us from picking up points since the restart. I just don't want it to be thought that there's any reason for us going down aside from the fact that we're not remotely good enough. This team has been simply abysmal from the first match against Man United in August and has no business in the Premier League on merit.

I had actually already factored in the odd point we gained through bad VAR (Actually it was more the Goal line technology at fault in that Sheff Utd game rather than VAR, although of course the obvious thing would have been for VAR to intervene which it didn't). As for the fixture congestion thing i mention this as we actually had less recovery time between our games than virtually every other team purely it seems so they could cram the games onto TV without a thought about fairness or forcing us to play 4 games in 11 days whilst others including those above us you mention had 3 or even 2 in 11 days. That is an un-level playing field and certainly did not help.

I am not making excuses though this team has been crap since Jan... atrocious in fact and they deserve to go down absolutely they do.

The missing ingredient sadly appears to have been "Drive" as much as talent or lack of. That terrifies me as the one thing you need in the Championship is an abundance of "drive"... Scary thought.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Watford are pretty rubbish but they have fight and were up for the fight, im not gutted because we thoroughly deserve to go down.

Exactly this, i posted just about "Drive" being the missing ingredient and that's the difference it has made for Watford, they stay up as a result. That has come from the manager clearly.

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This squad going down is in no way, shape or form an epic failure. 

The whole thing has been poor. We deserved it the moment the summer window shut  

Cant disagree with much of that DC

We’ll go out with a whimper. Theres no character or backbone in that squad. Just a bunch of poor players that look to the next guy (normally Jack) for something to happen instead of taking on responsibility. Never up for the fight, its a shame because I thought we’d finally sorted our shit out when we won the playoffs and good times were ahead

• Like 2