Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Villa. Not. Yet. Done.

We play twice before either West Ham and Watford play again, win those two and we're just one point from safety again, and West Ham and Watford can't  both win their next game as they're playing each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

Did Bruce really throw that one as revenge for being kicked out by Villa ? How can a team actually be THAT bad over 45 minutes !!!

Highly doubt it but if they wanted to throw the game it makes sense. Newcastle are safe, the best teams to get relegated for them would be West Ham and Villa, two big clubs with potential big budgets and a good attraction for rival players who Newcastle might want. Bmouth and Watford aren't going to be as much of a threat to Newcastle next season as us or West Ham would be.

1 minute ago, WakefieldVillan said:

How old are you, like 12? 

Fair enough if he fails to keep us up, it's a massive shame, but it wouldn't be for the want of trying. A man that is Villa through and through. Who recently lost his dad to dementia yet was back to work straight away and doing his best to keep us up. Not forgetting he got us promoted in the first place. Will always have my respect, shame can't be said for you. 

He loves the club so much he admitted to throwing in the towel against United. I couldn’t care less whether he is a Villa fan, he’s done an awful job this season.

Well done for getting us up, it was an unbelievable set of results but let’s not forget apart from that run we were mostly awful in the other games. The warning signs were there. 

There is no room for sentiment in football, he’s been a disaster this season and should have been sacked a long time ago. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It's also a gamble to stick with. Far too simplistic to say he got us up once and will again. Was a much different team and will be a much different one again next season.

I don't think its as simple as saying that. 

A bit of continuity and stability can be a positive when we go down. This isn't like last time where things needed to be ripped apart. 

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's been a disaster, numerous posters here agreed we needed PL quality players to help us stay in this league.

Why didn't the management team understand what we needed?

We needed a complete squad, we were limited by FFP and so we bought projects like Nakamba, Wesley and Luis.

The club took a gamble. It was a very high risk strategy - that must have been Purslow and the owners call. We were relying on Suso to find some gems - he didn't. It’s not clear what Smiths role was in the strategy - if he was central to it then he is to blame also

I said last summer that for the squad assembled 17th would be an achievement.

I believe the lack of experience in the squad will be addressed this close season

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

We tried to sign him didn't we. If only!

He was out at the start of the season with an ankle injury. I doubt Brentford would have let him go under any circumstances in January.

Whenever I heard an ex-pro trot out the old, "There's always twists and turns and surprising results right to the end," you just knew that wouldn't apply to the Villa.

Congratulations to West Ham and Watford.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

He loves the club so much he admitted to throwing in the towel against United. I couldn’t care less whether he is a Villa fan, he’s done an awful job this season.

Well done for getting us up, it was an unbelievable set of results but let’s not forget apart from that run we were mostly awful in the other games. The warning signs were there. 

There is no room for sentiment in football, he’s been a disaster this season and should have been sacked a long time ago. 

What did he say I still havent listened to it?

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we're done. 

We're now in a position where we could win all four of our remaining games and still go down.

I think 12 points would keep us up myself. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

How old are you, like 12? 

Fair enough if he fails to keep us up, it's a massive shame, but it wouldn't be for the want of trying. A man that is Villa through and through. Who recently lost his dad to dementia yet was back to work straight away and doing his best to keep us up. Not forgetting he got us promoted in the first place. Will always have my respect, shame can't be said for you. 

No sympathy in football management and hes been paid a lot of money. Nothing against him but he should have gone in January to give someone else a chance of keeping us in the division. Relegation is a disaster for our football club. Ron Saunders and Graham Taylor  got promotion in their first seasons and although they struggled in the first season in the top flight we stayed up and went from strength to strength,. We're going down without even a whimper and we could end up in the wilderness for many years to come. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

What did he say I still havent listened to it?

Something along the lines of at 2-0 down against Man Utd you have start thinking about protecting the players. It was obvious by the performance as well what the message was at HT.

• Thanks 1