Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, chips'ngravy said:

Had we got Benrahma and Maupay,  as were Dean's preferences, instead of the shite Suso gave him, they probably would've been the difference.

Were they? You know that for a fact? 

He still would have screwed it up. 

Edited by jim

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's been a disaster, numerous posters here agreed we needed PL quality players to help us stay in this league.

Why didn't the management team understand what we needed?

Because it's part of a 5 year plan and we went up a year early...

Long live the plan !

1 minute ago, chips'ngravy said:

Had we got Benrahma and Maupay,  as were Dean's preferences, instead of the shite Suso gave him, they probably would've been the difference.

No we would still be playing terrible football whilst Dean let's the players get away with murder. He is an absolute wet flannel.

• Like 1

Yep we're done.. made worse by the huge delay in this all due to the virus so the the most depressing, long drawn out relegation in history. Normally fans only have to suffer till late April early May not Mid July FFS.

A big tip of the hat to the corrupt people running VAR (cost us 7 points at least) and the Premier League bosses who have as good as condemned us with the ridiculous fixture congestion and unfair laying out of those fixtures which yet again saw us disadvantaged too.

Worst season i have ever witnessed, appalling.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not totally against it if we bring in a good one. Otherwise its a gamble to start over.

They are all considered “good” until they spend a season at Villa and then we turn on them 🤣🤣🤪

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not totally against it if we bring in a good one. Otherwise its a gamble to start over.

I think it’s the only option, he’s totally lost his way imo. 

And i really hope posters do refrain from this " Newcastle and Norwich are crap talk " like we are owed something. Everyone starts off in the league with no points, so...made our bed, lie in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Id be more confident with someone like hughton than smith taking us up.

But id obviously  prefer a bigger name like jardim but whther we can attract someone like that remains to be seen.

Smith does not deserve to be villa manager. He has been a epic failure the last 12 months

• Like 1

Fair play to West Ham and Watford. They are far better than us and deserve to stay up. Both have genuine quality (and goal scorers) and look like they have desire for the club and belief in the manager. Our players have shown nothing - they don’t even look interested. 

Disgusted at most people at the club who have let us get to this point.

• Like 1

To be honest we deserve it we have picked up 2 points from the last 30 available. That is pathetic simple as that. Suso needs to **** off with his clueless signings sharpish. Dean needs to do the honourable thing and resign. John Terry pop off to Bristol city because god knows what you have been doing here but it can’t have been any defensive work.

player wise I’d like to keep heaton if possible konsa, hause, targett. Mings keep but I don’t think he is premier league quality however if somebody wants to pay enough get rid but I can see why Bournemouth were not fussed about losing him. Jack goes regardless. McGinn not sure he is prem quality but someone like Southampton will probably take him. Doug will go. Tree and el ghazi please somebody take them. So essentially I think we need at least half a team which will probably result in championship quality players did to much money who we can’t then get rid off if we get promoted again. All In all a really poor effort from everybody this season perhaps with the exception of jack up to the end of January but after that he hasn’t looked interested 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's also a gamble to stick with. Far too simplistic to say he got us up once and will again. Was a much different team and will be a much different one again next season.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we're done. 

We're now in a position where we could win all four of our remaining games and still go down.

We could but id say there is more chance of me and you winning the euro millions than us winning four games under smith 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Because it's part of a 5 year plan and we went up a year early...

Long live the plan !

We've been participating in the amusement park all season to be fair.

Ahead of schedule.