Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, andym said:

I wonder how long before Boris's current blind faith supporters realise his incompetence will also drag them down, and look to someone else.

The tide is definitely turning, the initial benefit of the doubt and sympathy for getting ill are ebbing away. 

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He really is a bad Trump tribute act. A bit less racism, slightly less dangerous misinformation, not quite as chaotic and shambolic. But still all there. 

No, I'm sorry, the bloke's a bumbling idiot, and I still can't believe he's the actual prime minister, but Trump is in his own special category of lunatics in chief. It's a silly comparison.

Johnson is a workshy coward who hides from criticism, and thinks he can bluster his way through any problem. Trump suggested that people inject bleach, accuses his own intelligence and law enforcement services of lying, has an alarming number of rape accusations, and is basically at war with journalists.

I feel like the regularity of genuine **** mental stuff that Trump does makes people numb to it. I don't think there's another politician in the modern era that can be compared to the dangerous megalomaniac who ostensibly runs the US.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's very brown, isn't he?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this country as being ready to have a PM that's not white.

If America can have a black president then I reckon this country is ready for a brown prime minister.  If he had a Muslim name then that would have been pushing it.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

God this business secretary bloke must be the most boring politician I've ever seen.

He’s consistently the worst person at this daily presser. 

His response to every question is to just list a load of the stuff they’ve done and not actually answer the question. 

One of his suggestions on actions to be taken to help care homes with their epidemic was to furlough staff 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s consistently the worst person at this daily presser. 

His response to every question is to just list a load of the stuff they’ve done and not actually answer the question. 

One of his suggestions on actions to be taken to help care homes with their epidemic was to furlough staff 🤔

In fairness the alternative answer would be 'wait long enough and you won't need staff'.

Hancock stating there will be no "lavish" foreign holidays this year for most people. 

What is lavish about going abroad? What year are we in? 1970?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hancock stating there will be no "lavish" foreign holidays this year for most people. 

He means it's okay to go to Magaluf with the boys, but no mr fancy pants shit down the Amalfi coast.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

It very often costs more to holiday in this country so that doesn’t really hold weight at all.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He means it's okay to go to Magaluf with the boys, but no mr fancy pants shit down the Amalfi coast.

Thank the lord my trip to the Red Lion in Benidorm for a roast dinner won't be impacted! :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You think the average gammon knows a Hindu name from a Muslim one? 

That’s true. Then again Mo Farrah only became a national treasure because people didn’t know what Mo was short for.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Magic money trees innit. 

Or the tax payer will be **** over for years to come. Maybe a further increase in the pensionable age?

I think they have taken that one as far as they can. 

I've come to terms with the fact I'll never get a state pension, but my private one being tied to it and getting further away every time they change the state pension age is a bit of a ****.

I haven't watched the daily press conference for ages as it is a waste of time and no difficult questions asked but I have seen it reported that the global deaths comparison graph is no longer used. No surprise given we are pulling away from every other country in Europe. I know they waffle on about other countries not counting all deaths but given the ONS figures today we are understating ours by a long way.

Â