Generic Virus Thread

villakram

42 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

English MP and all round space cadet Daniel Kawczynski wants the Welsh Parliament abolished as he still can’t go to his closest beach to enjoy a nice sit down.

I read that as his closet beach.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Definitely the busiest the roads have been seen down this way throughout The Event™ so far. 

People are out and about it seems.

I was wondering about that this morning, and whether the roads would be busier because of the encouragement not to use public transport.

It's an aside though, really.  The whole thing is the sort of shambles you'd expect from Boris Johnson.

We know what we voted for...

From now on, to me, Johnson, Raab and Hancock are to be known as the three stooges. 

You just couldn't make this absolute bowlocks up. Seriously, are they all on crack or something? How can they possibly be so shit at their jobs? It's not just once or twice, it's relentless. In fact, it's almost like they have a weekly bet to see who can becomes the biggest laughing stock by the end of the week. 

🤡🤡🤡

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was wondering about that this morning, and whether the roads would be busier because of the encouragement not to use public transport.

It's an aside though, really.  The whole thing is the sort of shambles you'd expect from Boris Johnson.

We know what we voted for...

He's such a buffoon that I'm surprised he didn't recommend swimming to and from work if it's close to a lake or river. 

PLEASE, someone with more know-how than me make an image showing Johnson swimming down the Thames to Parliament. 🏊

Edited by Villarocker

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

English MP and all round space cadet Daniel Kawczynski wants the Welsh Parliament abolished as he still can’t go to his closest beach to enjoy a nice sit down.

The closest beach to Shrewsbury is on the Wirral.

The man loves Rhyl, and who can blame him. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Yes, that’s a fair one... but sooner or later someone will ask about adopted parents, or parents that can’t get to a park but can get to a nature reserve :lol: 

What about if you meet your parents in a car park? I mean, what if they were in the same queue at Tesco, can you not acknowledge the two people furiously shouting from a distance "son, SON, it's us, you know, your Mom and Dad". 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The man loves Rhyl, and who can blame him. 

Rhyl is about as Welsh as Wavertree

They don't call it Liverpool-on-Sea for nothing

and to be fair to Stupid Danny K there really isn't a lot in Shrewsbury to Rhyl vs Shrewsbury to West Kirby (the closest beach on the Wirral), all the beaches are at the top of the WIrral, its a couple of miles differenc and about ten mins difference by road

But anyway, keep him thinking he can't go to the beach, it'd be better for all concerned if he didn't mix with actual people

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Rhyl is about as Welsh as Wavertree

They don't call it Liverpool-on-Sea for nothing

and to be fair to Stupid Danny K there really isn't a lot in Shrewsbury to Rhyl vs Shrewsbury to West Kirby (the closest beach on the Wirral), all the beaches are at the top of the WIrral, its a couple of miles differenc and about ten mins difference by road

But anyway, keep him thinking he can't go to the beach, it'd be better for all concerned if he didn't mix with actual people

He was **** lucky today wasn’t my turn to have the Welsh nuclear codes.

Shrewsbury would just be a wasteland now...

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The word removed's speaking French, he can hardly get any of the English words right. What a **** buffoon. 

He did it in about the most patronising way possible too.

“I’m sure we all know what that means” but didn’t actually translate it 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He did it in about the most patronising way possible too.

“I’m sure we all know what that means” but didn’t actually translate it 

One presumes it means that the French are trying very hard to achieve a virus. 

Government: You can meet your mother in the park, if she’s on her own and wearing a hat. 

Also Government: You can have a child minder and/or a cleaner inside your home, if you open a window. 

I thought transparency was supposed to apply to government actions, not motives?   Not even trying to disguise the fact the rules are being written to suit middle class metropolitan types.

No wonder Kier Starmer is staying onside. 

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm taking it that car dealerships haven't suddenly magicked themselves off the proscribed list?

Yeah, I work from home but we have 149 dealerships in our group opened today with limited staff. They are blagging it a bit though, keeping a quarter of staff furloghed until they start making a profit again, not sure that's allowed?

Hearing stories already about poor social distancing and people just walking in the showroom for a look, taking no notice of the limited signage, an staff not wanting to work because of no procedures or PPE in place.

Â