Generic Virus Thread

villakram

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I read that. Paracetamol is getting hard to come by, which is pissing me off because I currently have a bout of sciatica causing pretty bad pain down one leg. Paracetamol is way the best thing to alleviate it. I don't take it during the day, but at night it's absolutely essential, as lying down makes the pain worse, and I inevitably have to take a couple of tabs at about 3 am. 

Ouch. Maybe a nip of Scotch instead if you run low/out.. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spain have reported just one new case today. Does that lend a bit of weight to the idea that what we're doing might work?

I'm not 100% sure I've understood our approach, but I think we're allowing infection to reach a certain level then stopping it through enforced quarantine allowing the health services to recover before a second wave. 

The Spain number suggest that might work (at least until the second wave of infection.)

According to Norwegian news Spain just reported 2000 new corona cases the last 24 hours and 100 dead. So I'm not sure what you're saying here. 

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Ouch. Maybe a nip of Scotch instead if you run low/out.. 

Actually, alcohol works pretty well in the evening. But it wears off by the small hours - and I'm not ready to start a 24-hour alky lifestyle just yet. 

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

According to Norwegian news Spain just reported 2000 new corona cases the last 24 hours and 100 dead. So I'm not sure what you're saying here. 

Yep, I went too soon. Spain's numbers were reported in an odd way - they originally showed one new case and are now are 1,362 for the day. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

£600.00 fine, how the hell can they legalise that. You'd get the snowflakes on a facebook/twitter mission if that's brought here.

Be interested to know how much of the 600 fine actually finds its way back to the local office

I imagine there are a few local police quids in for the day!

Wayne Rooney is worried that footballers are being used as guinea pigs for Coronavirus and is very worried for these fit, strong, rich young men  

Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronald have released statements along the lines that this is a complex situation and we must try to look after those in a much worse situation than ourselves, such as those people who are old and/or have already contracted the disease, plus the medical professionals who are on the frontline. We should use the opportunity  to enjoy more time with our loved ones. 

Compare and contrast. 

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I read that. Paracetamol is getting hard to come by, which is pissing me off because I currently have a bout of sciatica causing pretty bad pain down one leg. Paracetamol is way the best thing to alleviate it. I don't take it during the day, but at night it's absolutely essential, as lying down makes the pain worse, and I inevitably have to take a couple of tabs at about 3 am. 

I literally feel your pain as I’m currently suffering from a herniated disc. The only difference being that Ibuprofen is better for it. I’d happily just use paracetamol but given that’s being ransacked as well, I’ve now got no pain management options.  

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wayne Rooney is worried that footballers are being used as guinea pigs for Coronavirus and is very worried for these fit, strong, rich young men  

Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronald have released statements along the lines that this is a complex situation and we must try to look after those in a much worse situation than ourselves, such as those people who are old and/or have already contracted the disease, plus the medical professionals who are on the frontline. We should use the opportunity  to enjoy more time with our loved ones. 

Compare and contrast. 

When Messi and Ronaldo redistribute all their wealth I’ll take their celebrity musings more seriously than I take Rooney’s.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When Messi and Ronaldo redistribute all their wealth I’ll take their celebrity musings more seriously than I take Rooney’s.

I believe Ronald has given permission for the hotels he owns to be used as hospitals. I’m not critical of anyone being wealthy, I’m critical of Wayne Rooney taking a selfish view on a world crisis. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I believe Ronald has given permission for the hotels he owns to be used as hospitals. I’m not critical of anyone being wealthy, I’m critical of Wayne Rooney taking a selfish view on a world crisis. 

Remember when his boss at Man United used to force him to eat pasta at 9 in the morning for just £300,000 a week. It’s barbaric how some footballers are treated.

• Haha 2

Â