Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Sainsburys Mere Green had no bog roll at 9:50am. Tills didn't open until 10am!

Shop was rammed. Busiest I have seen it at that time on a Sunday.

Just now, Xela said:

It is at times like these that we ought to consider the effect upon those people with chronic arse issues.

• Like 1

When you hear the health secretary answer a question of how many ventilators do we need to manufacture and he says as many as we can, they have no figure that will be enough, and if we could make enough then we can ship them abroad then it tells you all you need to know about how bad this is going to get. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I’m just about to attempt to buy toilet roll (because I am actually out of it) from my local Sainsburys/Waitrose. 

I imagine, however, I’ll be washing my arse in the shower after every poo I do at home for today at least.  

To be fair, I'm actually well stocked in the bum tissue department. Got about 20 rolls in the cupboard. 

Should last me about 3 days :ph34r:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, it’s really not!

Its reality and I’ve accepted that may end up affecting people I know. 

The importance people place upon themselves and their loved ones seems to override all common sense in these matters, the species will survive with or without your 89 year old Grandfather in afraid, and in all honesty, with a number of the aged/sick population out of the way the species will in face thrive, might seem heartless and cold but it’s just the reality sorry.

I thought your posts on football were terrible

Now I can see it extends to humanity as well. 

Wow

41 minutes ago, snowychap said:

My flights are 15th and 22nd. Spain is on lockdown for 10 days and they are 'reducing' for 3 days. Jet2 refunded everyone.

But to be fair, they did 'cancel the change fee' for anyone wanting to change a flight.

But funny thing is, if you bought baggage then you have to pay to change that to the new flight, and the new prices for the changed flights are totally different to the new bookings (i checked GC in November on a new search compared to their change module and it was a difference of 100 quid)

Snakes, man

• Like 2

Spain have reported just one new case today. Does that lend a bit of weight to the idea that what we're doing might work?

I'm not 100% sure I've understood our approach, but I think we're allowing infection to reach a certain level then stopping it through enforced quarantine allowing the health services to recover before a second wave. 

The Spain number suggest that might work (at least until the second wave of infection.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, it’s really not!

Its reality and I’ve accepted that may end up affecting people I know. 

The importance people place upon themselves and their loved ones seems to override all common sense in these matters, the species will survive with or without your 89 year old Grandfather in afraid, and in all honesty, with a number of the aged/sick population out of the way the species will in face thrive, might seem heartless and cold but it’s just the reality sorry.

infinity war avengers GIF

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just pop to your local shop, everyone I’ve been to last few days has had stock

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spain have reported just one new case today. Does that lend a bit of weight to the idea that what we're doing might work?

I'm not 100% sure I've understood our approach, but I think we're allowing infection to reach a certain level then stopping it through enforced quarantine allowing the health services to recover before a second wave. 

The Spain number suggest that might work (at least until the second wave of infection.)

That’s how I understand it. Until we see a huge spike and the health service gets overrun well keep going as we are.

Â