Tom13

I normally browse in these forums and don’t get involved in chats.

I like to say Barry is good enough at his current age. He lacks physical attributes for the mens game. This isn’t something to be concerned about the moment. The England coaches and Villa coaches agree on this. Ipswich will be a good experience even if he doesn’t get game time in next six months. Fighting for place will good for his mentality. Hopefully he does get a chance and makes up for his lack of physical presence. We will see

The really isn’t much else to say on him currently on weather he will make it. I blown away by people comparing him to others more developed then him. Age is just a number and it means nothing under the age 21. Barry has the ability to be a elite player. If he fails then won’t be because of ability. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

You replied to somebody saying he isn't as good as we all thought after his new team have played 5 games And said you agree,  not reigning it in it was a fair comment to point out the ridiculousness of it.

And other posters are saying he won't make it, as I quoted. And maybe he won't, but it's a bizarre take in the current context or what we know about him

Archer, yes may well be ahead of Barry or may not, but it's besides the point and why I didn't reply to that part of your comment. 

Did I say he wouldn't make it? No

Did I say he didn't have great potential? No

Did I say he wasn't a good player? No

When he arrived at the club there were a number of quotes from club representatives including DS about how good he was and how he would be in and around the first team squad.  This gave the impression rightly or wrongly that there was an expectation that he would quickly break into the first team - there was no talk of Archer at this point.

So what I am saying is right now Barry isn't the player we thought he'd be, and that's likely due to his injuries.  It's not to say he won't make it.

So yeah, rein yourself in, and don't put words into people's mouths or group people together based on things that were materialised in your head and we're not actually in my post. Thanks

Barry has probably been first name on the teamsheet for every youth team he's played for. Maybe what's good for him as much as game time will be being around a first team squad on match days and having to fight to force his way in.

I'm a disappointed as anyone else that he hasn't really been playing yet for Ipswich, but there's still plenty of time for this loan to work out (if, as above, it's not already) and if it doesn't then we'll recall him and figure out the next best step - because we finally have people in charge who know what they're doing.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

On 30/08/2021 at 00:56, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve always thought that about Kessler. I don’t think he’ll ever play for the first team. Barry showed a lot more for me when ever I watched u18s. 

I agree Ramsey and Chuk look more ready at the moment. 

Also Archer went out on loan last season at a lower level. We kept archer because we reckoned we could get him out to a championship club in Jan. 

I noticed that Ipswich signed Bersant Celina yesterday, plays as either a winger or an attacking midfielder; made 32 appearances in Ligue 1 last season, so he won't have joined them to sit on the bench. That's eighteen players that they signed in the summer.

Edited by useless

He's in a great side, Ipswich have a very strong squad and a top manager. If he stays there this season he'll have gained from the experience for sure, even if he isn't tearing the league apart by himself.

Cook has a lot of experienced forward players in the team and there has been a huge turnaround at the club, they've signed 20 people or something crazy. Throwing in a lad who's not played mens football at the start of this season wouldn't have been fair to Barry or the players around him who would have had to support him. I think his time will come, I'm sure by the end of the season he'll end up with 30+ appearances if he doesn't get injured, but I think September and October need to be written off until the season is in full flow.

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When Grealish was Barry's age, a few people were saying he wouldn't be as good as Daniel Crowley. At his age, people were raving about Moore and how he looked better than Rooney. People thought an 18 year old Delfouneso could go on to be the next Drogba or some shit. :D

Players at this age are nowhere near the finished product, maybe don't write him off yet, eh?

Didn't Grealish rip it up during a loan spell when he was Louie's age? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Cameron Archer didn’t particularly “rip it up” to quote last season at Solihull Moors but did rather well recently with us.

Barry is getting experience and exposure of men’s football at present and that includes the daily training regime. It’s not all about goals and MOTM performances. He needs to grow into men’s football right now mentally as well as physically. Youth football won’t aide his progression at this point. 

Edited by ferguson1

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He struggled during the first half of his season at Notts County before it clicked. Worth bearing in mind that Notts County were a smaller club with lower expectations than Ipswich even if they are at a low ebb.

• Like 1

Â