Tom13

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Not developing there? He's only been there 6 weeks.

He has to prove himself there at Ipswich that's part and parcel of a loan spell. He may be the brightest prospect in the country, or the brightest prospect in the world but at some stage you have to prove yourself in the real football world.

Really don't understand this perception that our youngsters on loan should be starting every game with a team built around them. This is exactly what some of them need, they need to be working hard and earning a place in the first team.

Of course he has to earn his shirt, but chance would be a fine thing. He's barely been given any opportunities. 

It seems their club is a bit of a mess. Maybe a change of manager will help Barry get in the team. 

If he doesn't start to get in the team within a month or two I just think we'd be better off taking him back and sending him to a team that gives him a chance. 

People mention Kane, but he was given plenty of game time on loan. I'm sure we have the power to recall Barry if he isn't playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Of course he has to earn his shirt, but chance would be a fine thing. He's barely been given any opportunities. 

It seems their club is a bit of a mess. Maybe a change of manager will help Barry get in the team. 

If he doesn't start to get in the team within a month or two I just think we'd be better off taking him back and sending him to a team that gives him a chance. 

People mention Kane, but he was given plenty of game time on loan. I'm sure we have the power to recall Barry if he isn't playing. 

You can't loan him out again untill January, so he needs to stay there till then and fight for his place.

Some Ipswich fans say he is clearly skilful but extremely lightweight on these rare occasions when he was on the pitch.

It's possible Louie just isn't physically ready for men's football yet, despite having loads of ability. Might be worth bringing him back in January so he can carry on with the youth setup and bulk up a bit more, with a view to a more productive loan spell next season.

• Like 3

Ipswich simply need to be told to start using him or risk losing him. He went there for game time and would arguably got as many minutes with us in cup ties, when we rest our usual starters. I'm sure there are other clubs out there that would give him games in the New Year. We could even sound out the likes of Nigel Clough at Mansfield and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at Burton, who as former strikers themselves, might well pass on some good learning points to him. Like another player that we loaned out to Notts County in the past (who did get games with them) whatever Louie may currently lack strength wise, he compensates for in ability, in my opinion.  

18 minutes ago, John said:

Ipswich simply need to be told to start using him or risk losing him. He went there for game time and would arguably got as many minutes with us in cup ties, when we rest our usual starters. I'm sure there are other clubs out there that would give him games in the New Year. We could even sound out the likes of Nigel Clough at Mansfield and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at Burton, who as former strikers themselves, might well pass on some good learning points to him. Like another player that we loaned out to Notts County in the past (who did get games with them) whatever Louie may currently lack strength wise, he compensates for in ability, in my opinion.  

the problem is that unless that is stated in the contract then we might not have the option to bring him back, if we're paying 100% of his wages then ipswich might not care 

regardless we couldnt send him out to anyone else until january so we might as well see how it plays out

I assume we've sent Jedi to visit him and see how he's fairing. If there is any issue I trust the club to do what's best for the player, if there isn't then I guess he'll stay and keep fighting for his place in the team.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

I assume we've sent Jedi to visit him and see how he's fairing. If there is any issue I trust the club to do what's best for the player, if there isn't then I guess he'll stay and keep fighting for his place in the team.

yep thats what jedi is for

easy to automatically assume that he's not enjoying himself there but that might not be the case, it'll still be his first experience of training with a mens 1st team every day for example, if he comes back to villa he'll float between the 2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's 18 and can't start for Ipswich?

Get rid.

I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek but I think some fans need to remember players like Watkins struggled to get into the Weston Super Mare team at an older age than a lot of our youngsters out on loan 

• Like 1

If he can't get into the Ipswich team then very clearly there's no point keeping him around sitting on the bench here as he's obviously a million miles away in his development.

If he's still in a dead end situation come Jan, then I'm sure the club will recall and move him into a better environment where his attributes are appreciated. With injuries etc, there will be a fair few League 1 teams looking for a striker. Or even league 2.

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the problem is that unless that is stated in the contract then we might not have the option to bring him back, if we're paying 100% of his wages then ipswich might not care 

I really hope we have inserted a minimum number of starts or playing minutes into the deal, particularly if we are paying 100% of his salary. 

39 minutes ago, sne said:

I assume we've sent Jedi to visit him and see how he's fairing. If there is any issue I trust the club to do what's best for the player

Yes, I doubt that anyone at Ipswich would argue with Jedi, when he tells them exactly what he expects them to do as part of the loan agreement. ;)

Mile Jedinak out 1-3 months, loss will be felt in Aston Villa ranks 

• Haha 1

It's worth remembering that the best thing for a players development is to play with players slightly ahead of where they are, that allows them to push themselves to get to that level. If he's struggling to get into the Ipswich first team then he's probably at the right spot, if he can work hard and nail down a spot by January then we could look to get him to a higher level after Jan, if not then he stays and hopefully can nail down a spot by the end of the season. That'll be good progress for a young player. 

Not everyone is Rooney and not everyone currently playing in the PL was playing mens football consistently at 18, let the lad develop 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, John said:

I really hope we have inserted a minimum number of starts or playing minutes into the deal, particularly if we are paying 100% of his salary. 

Yes, I doubt that anyone at Ipswich would argue with Jedi, when he tells them exactly what he expects them to do as part of the loan agreement. ;)

Mile Jedinak out 1-3 months, loss will be felt in Aston Villa ranks 

I dont know if these minimum number of starts clauses are a bit of myth, I can understand clauses related to payments and starts, if he doesn't start Ipswich pay his wages if he does we do for example but I'd be surprised if we could just insert a if fit he has to make the squad type clause 

A myth that came from our own VT experience of "he's shit, he must only start because of a clause" 

• Like 2

I think Ipswich have too many issues, to worry about Louie, which is very unfortunate for him.

It seems he would benefit to be at a more stable club.....but I don't know all th eins and outs, just speculating.

Players, develop physically at different rates, Jack was a pretty late starter, In Contrast Bellingham and the likes are already like a man.

Its early days for Louie, no panic.....I think he is just at a club, with too many other issues, to balance.

• Like 1

When Dennis Bergkamp first went to Arsenal many questioned him and his ability until he scored his first goals for them v Southampton (I think) - maybe he got 2 - in around October/November. It just took him and many other new players at clubs, time to settle in. Here we have an 18 year-old at his 'first' first-team squad team who is trying to play with older players, fit into a whole new system than that he is used to, having to earn the trust of the players, management, fans, and then produce the goods. Its a lot to ask of any individual never mind a young kid. 

We should just relax a little and let him, Jedinak, Ipswich work it all out together.

• Like 1

Â