Tom13

On 10/08/2021 at 23:04, Steero113 said:

My favorite bit is right at the end after they've had 3 attempts cleared off the line...

A bloke in a thick cockney accent:

"You're **** joking" clear as day on the camera mic 🤣

I doubt very much you can hear the bow bells from Ipswich 😛

• 2 weeks later...

It's annoying how little game time he's getting, he's only made two appearances in the league and one of those was for two minutes. I'm wondering if they were over confident with all the money they've spent and thought he was someone they could bring on with games already won, but it's not working out like that, in fact they're in the relegation zone at the moment.

Seeing an Ipswich fan saying he's third choice LW and CF at the moment, it's still early but I hope we've got a recall option for January, if Ipswich don't use him then I'm sure there are plenty of other clubs that will, wouldn't even need to drop a league, he'd almost certainly get another League One side preferably one that hasn't signed about ten attackers.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, useless said:

It's annoying how little game time he's getting, he's only made two appearances in the league and one of those was for two minutes. I'm wondering if they were over confident with all the money they've spent and thought he was someone they could bring on with games already won, but it's not working out like that, in fact they're in the relegation zone at the moment.

Seeing an Ipswich fan saying he's third choice LW and CF at the moment, it's still early but I hope we've got a recall option for January, if Ipswich don't use him then I'm sure there are plenty of other clubs that will, wouldn't even need to drop a league, he'd almost certainly get another League One side preferably one that hasn't signed about ten attackers.

he's currently injured i think, but ye he hasnt played many minutes in recent games.

He was on the bench today, apparently he's behind Chaplin and Edwards for a place on the left wing, and behind Pigott and Bonne for their lone striker role, today they even brought Sone Aluko on ahead of him, seems he's way down there list of options. They signed Edwards a couple of days after Barry joined them, I was concerned when that happened as Edwards is a left winger which is where I thought Barry was most likely to get game time for them, and is too good for League One so he's isn't going to get dropped.

Just now, useless said:

He was on the bench today, apparently he's behind Chaplin and Edwards for a place on the left wing, and behind Pigott and Bonne for their lone striker role, today they even brought Sone Aluko on ahead of him, seems he's way down there list of options. They signed Edwards a couple of days after Barry joined them, I was concerned when that happened as Edwards is a left winger which is where I thought Barry was most likely to get game time for them, and is too good for League One so he's isn't going to get dropped.

ah right ok i heard wrong then.

But ye i agree, he isnt getting enough game time at all, i almost wonder if we need to pull him now and move him somewhere else.

We probably can't cancel the loan now, the earliest would be January and that's if we included a recall option, it's still early so just have to hope that eventually they start using him more. They were favorites for promotion after all the money they've spent, if they don't improve soon Cook's job could be in danger of losing his job.

1 minute ago, useless said:

We probably can't cancel the loan now, the earliest would be January and that's if we included a recall option, it's still early so just have to hope that eventually they start using him more. They were favorites for promotion after all the money they've spent, if they don't improve soon Cook's job could be in danger of losing his job.

ye, "we" prob cant cancel it, but if it looks like he isnt getting game time we should go to them and ask them to agree to cancel it.

they may say no, but i would rather that than let him sit on the bench for 6 months.

Our club will have a word if he ain't playing. He has obviously been loaned to that shower of shite to get guaranteed game time as he won't be getting it with us. It'll be in the contract that he has to play, or else they wouldn't have been able to loan him. I don't think they are playing by the rules, cause they can't buy a win, but unfortunately, this is not how it works.

Perfect example why trusting another club to develop your player isn't always the greatest idea.  Hope it works out for Barry but loaning a young player out is not always the correct solution. 

• Like 2

I'm over in Newmarket here this weekend visiting my sister so decided to bring the nephew to Ipswich to see a league game (would have went to Villa Park obviously if tickets were gettable and he gets Villa kits as presents).

Disappointing and frustrating that he didn't get a game, but Edwards does look good to be fair and Piggott plays as a target man centre forward so they'd have to change their style of play if Barry goes centre forward. Ipswich fans do know how highly rated he is so hopefully he does get his opportunity.

It's a long season, I'm sure he'll get games as it goes on. No reason to panic. Ipswich also enter FA cup in round 1 these days aswell.

Many players who've done well in premier league after frustrating loan spells aswell, Kane didn't start every week at some of the clubs he was loaned to by Spurs.

• Like 1

i get the "just relax, its early in the season, he will get game time", which i hope its true.

Its just a pity, because our other youth players, like Kesler, Raikhy, Young, Wright etc are all getting at least some minutes currently, Barry just seems to be bench warming at the moment......hopefully that changes.

Â