Tom13

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He turned 17 last week and I am doubtful he is the second coming of Wayne Rooney and a guaranteed generational talent.

He wouldn't be here if he was. The club is a farce.

Feel sorry for the kid already. Should have stayed at West Brom and have been allowed to develop if I was speaking as neutral.

You feel sorry for him?

He's just turned 17. 

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

As Vassiliv shown, he can add things our current attackers can't. We need some changes. You can't just rely in El Ghaze, Trez and Jota. We need to give Vassiliv and even Barry some chance. Especially in the last 10 minutes in games which we're pushing for a draw or a win (such as Newcastle).

Agree with this

If the only thing they bring is a bit of energy then they're already doing better than the other options we're trying 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree with this

If the only thing they bring is a bit of energy then they're already doing better than the other options we're trying 

I don't really see what we've got to lose by bringing them on for the last 20 or so, if our main options aren't cutting the mustard. They've got to get minutes sometime and if we rate them enough to put them on the bench (in IV's case, at least) then it'd be good to see them get some time. 

35 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He couldn't do any worse though, have him on the bench and if the game is still close maybe he could turn it?

Guess we'll never know if it isn't tried.

He really could do worse. I think we need to focus on the development of young players not hope they're the saviour of the club before they're ready. 

Other than a 3 min cameo for Jota and a Taylor sub due to injury we've only used the same 15-16 players since the restart.

Guess this might be the same as every other teams? But with the congested fixture list I would hope we mix it up a bit more. Especially since what we are doing is not working.

Along with some of the youth players we might as well give them a go.

Its not like the current players are doing any better, who knows, it might work, i can see playing hi and some of the juniors being more successful than some of the current first team, we know what we going to get from most and that's nothing.

Give the lad a game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You feel sorry for him?

He's just turned 17. 

Yes. He is 17 and people are already expectant of him. He hasn't played one minute of senior football and all I see on social media is people talking about him.

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes. He is 17 and people are already expectant of him. He hasn't played one minute of senior football and all I see on social media is people talking about him.

Oh sorry, I thought you felt sorry for him because he isn't being picked. 

Yeah, I agree, he needs to just be left to develop. 

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He turned 17 last week and I am doubtful he is the second coming of Wayne Rooney and a guaranteed generational talent.

He wouldn't be here if he was. The club is a farce.

Feel sorry for the kid already. Should have stayed at West Brom and have been allowed to develop if I was speaking as neutral.

So he's a word removed, we're words removed, Barca are words removed, his agent is a word removed, West Brom are the real deal and he's a figure of pity. Got it.

Signed a professional deal with the club...

Aston Villa have handed professional contracts to seven talented youngsters.

The teenage prospects have all impressed for the Young Lions and have now penned pro deals at Villa Park.

Defenders Bradley Burton, 18, Kaine Kesler, 17, and Myles Sohna, 17, have all signed agreements.

They join midfielders Harrison Sohna, 17, and Charlie Farr, 18, and forwards Louie Barry, 17, and Tristan Goodridge, 17, in putting pen to paper.

Congratulations to all seven Young Lions!

Edited by useless

I can see Barry being part of the first team squad next season if we are in the championship.

Coming off the bench for game time would be good for his development.

I would honestly leave Grealish at home for this one.

Don't think I'd start Barry though. Surely someone like Archer or another (older) guy is more appropriate?

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Mail saying he could start v Liverpool 

In an article where they've got his price wrong, attributed Purslow's quote of Chukweumkah to Barry instead and said he's scored three and assisted three in his first three U23 games (1 goal and no assists so far)?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm surprised they spelt his name right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â