Tom13

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Cos despite being very good kids, they are still kids. And it's super rare they are good enough to play in the league. Look at Liverpool and how highly rated theirs are and we bashed them with our b team. 

I am of the opinion though that in the modern game if you're not established in the first team at 19/20 though you probably aren't going to make it at the top level. Look at Alli, Barkley etc they are good players, not world beaters but were established in the prem at 19. Greenwood looks good at 18. If someone's 22 and still 'young' they're probably just not that great. They have also been intensively trained in one thing (playing football) since about 6 years old. If they haven't picked in up in 15 years I doubt at 26 it's all going to click. 

Jamie Vardy says hello with his 101 premier league goals

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Jamie Vardy says hello with his 101 premier league goals

Vardy is a bit different in that he wasn't the product of an academy. He was released from one at 16. I mean the kids kept on and developed intensively into early adulthood. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Morgo said:

Did Louie Barry train with the senior guys in Wales along with the other young prospects? Didn't really see him in any of the photos/videos?

I asked where he was in the academy thread. He wasn’t at the Wales camp and apparently only got back from holiday in the middle of it. Nobody on here knows why.

A couple of Fridays ago a few days after everyone else had gone to Wales he posted a picture on his instagram of a training pitch with the caption 'at last', implying that there'd been some sort of delay in him returning to football, it was nothing to do with him returning late from holiday though, he got back around the same time as everyone else and definitely in enough time for him to go to Wales.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about might have just picked up a knock or something and been told that he wasn't allowed to go, or maybe he got caught out by the changing quarintine rules and has had to self-isolate, that picture he posted kind of looked like he was by himself.

U21s play in a competitive match a week tomorrow against Sunderland's senior team, maybe he will be involved in that, if he's fit and has been able to get some full training behind him then I'm sure there's a very good chance he will be, although probably a good chance that Vassilev will start upfront just because of his experience of senior football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

?

Just surprised at the lack of talk around him. Going by Useless's earlier comment he's had some issues getting on the team sheet whether that's by injury, registration or whatever else it is i thought he'd be the one we'd be keenly watching for the next few years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Just surprised at the lack of talk around him. Going by Useless's earlier comment he's had some issues getting on the team sheet whether that's by injury, registration or whatever else it is i thought he'd be the one we'd be keenly watching for the next few years. 

to be fair he's only 17, and prob a good idea that he's protected and not pushed in to the limelight.

Considering his age, its probably better that we focus on other players more likely to break in to the squad over the next 12 months, like Ramsey.

Im sure when or if he is ready, he will get his chance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair he's only 17, and prob a good idea that he's protected and not pushed in to the limelight.

Considering his age, its probably better that we focus on other players more likely to break in to the squad over the next 12 months, like Ramsey.

Im sure when or if he is ready, he will get his chance.

i agree in spirit but if we protect and protect we end up with 21 year old prospects who've never played senior football. 

i like that our u23's got battered 8-0 a month or 2 ago as it will get the message into their heads that they've got an absolute titanic effort ahead of them if they want to see their name in big lights.

RHM and O'Hare were coddled to the Nth degree and it did them no favours. 

This is off topic but i once saw a Russian mother and father trying to teach their (less than 2 years old) baby to swim in a pool while abroad one year. 

Obviously this is mental but i can see their idea, get the little fella acclimatised early and he won't look out of place when it matters.

8 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

i agree in spirit but if we protect and protect we end up with 21 year old prospects who've never played senior football. 

i like that our u23's got battered 8-0 a month or 2 ago as it will get the message into their heads that they've got an absolute titanic effort ahead of them if they want to see their name in big lights.

RHM and O'Hare were coddled to the Nth degree and it did them no favours. 

This is off topic but i once saw a Russian mother and father trying to teach their (less than 2 years old) baby to swim in a pool while abroad one year. 

Obviously this is mental but i can see their idea, get the little fella acclimatised early and he won't look out of place when it matters.

yeah, not saying hinder his development, im just saying there is a fine line between assisting their development, and giving him too much limelight too soon.

Hopefully he will continue to develop and get a good loan in Jan or next summer to aid his development. (or maybe straight to the first team if he's that good)

Â