Tom13

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting to see if any of the younger players make the bench - I've tried picking a matchday 20 and couldn't find room for Jota, Drinkwater or Taylor - I don't think it'll be as easy for some of the youth players to make the bigger bench as some people seem to think.

The youngest player we've used so far this season is Jacob Ramsey who made two appearances from the bench - the next youngest is Douglas Luiz - Barry is two years younger than Ramsey and I really think that it's too early for us to be putting him on the bench in games that are as important as these. 

What 9 subs have you got on your bench then if you're leaving those 3 out @OutByEaster?

On 31/05/2020 at 14:36, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder if we might see him played as we see out our final fixtures? We might need him...

Still hoping...

Extra substitutes and the amount of games makes the likeliness in seeing Barry a little sooner than anticipated. Young players don't get tired, we'll need them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting to see if any of the younger players make the bench - I've tried picking a matchday 20 and couldn't find room for Jota, Drinkwater or Taylor - I don't think it'll be as easy for some of the youth players to make the bigger bench as some people seem to think.

The youngest player we've used so far this season is Jacob Ramsey who made two appearances from the bench - the next youngest is Douglas Luiz - Barry is two years younger than Ramsey and I really think that it's too early for us to be putting him on the bench in games that are as important as these. 

I think that with injuries and the number of games that we will be playing in a short period of time, a number of younger players are likely to find themselves on the bench, if not on the pitch before this season is done with. 

On 01/06/2020 at 07:58, sne said:

Borja will be gone after 30/6, Wesley will still be injured, Hogan I've no idea if his loan at SHA will be extended and if he can be re-registered.

So that leaves us with Samatta, Davis (until he inevitably picks up another injury) Vassilev and Archer maybe.

And on the flanks our options are pretty much N/A.

Hope Barry is at least part of the match squad in some games because we will be forced to rotate heavily due to the dangerous game schedule.

If we can play Hogan, there is no way that I would extend his loan with the Noses. He has gained some confidence there, has started scoring goals again, will have clubs willing to pay a fee for him now and just might bag a crucial goal or two for us during the games that are to come. 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good idea, a fit and in-form Hogan on the bench is a good idea!

Presumably he's back training with Villa?

No, he’s at the sty until his loan ends (wouldn’t surprise me if he stays until the season is complete) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would seriously give this lad his Debut against Chelsea, we desperately need a decent Winger and what do we have to lose, Ghazi and Trez are not good enough so let Barry of his Leash.

What harm could it do really, he seems like the kid of fellas who would love it. 

If were to persist with Wingers, I do not trust our Wingers Ghazi, Trez and Jota to do the job, I would rather give the trust to Jack-left wing and Barry-right wing. Let's give him his run and see what he can do against chelsea. I think given chelsea will hopefully be off the pace abit and we have played more minutes makes perfect sense to bring of a youngster or two who dont tire as often as the older players.

On 19/06/2020 at 20:10, Dave-R said:

Would seriously give this lad his Debut against Chelsea, we desperately need a decent Winger and what do we have to lose, Ghazi and Trez are not good enough so let Barry of his Leash.

What harm could it do really, he seems like the kid of fellas who would love it. 

If were to persist with Wingers, I do not trust our Wingers Ghazi, Trez and Jota to do the job, I would rather give the trust to Jack-left wing and Barry-right wing. Let's give him his run and see what he can do against chelsea. I think given chelsea will hopefully be off the pace abit and we have played more minutes makes perfect sense to bring of a youngster or two who dont tire as often as the older players.

I won't start him nor other wingers, but I like the idea of giving him some minutes around.

not generally related to him in terms of football, but looks like Kieran Maguire & his Price of Football podcast are going to be looking (i presume) at his transfer from Barca. Think that will be an interesting listen

Is the lad really on the bench today, I really hope so as the media have said it's a much better option to have Vasilev or Barry on than Borja who just has not played or we have no intention to play.

So yeah I really hope he gets a real run at wolves today because I think it's more than worth trying something completely new by bringing someone on who's supposed to be the next big talent. It looks dim that we will win points anyhow but with a change to the bench, someone like Barry could surprise wolves..

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Is the lad really on the bench today, I really hope so as the media have said it's a much better option to have Vasilev or Barry on than Borja who just has not played or we have no intention to play.

So yeah I really hope he gets a real run at wolves today because I think it's more than worth trying something completely new by bringing someone on who's supposed to be the next big talent. It looks dim that we will win points anyhow but with a change to the bench, someone like Barry could surprise wolves..

Where is it that he is on the bench?

Don't think Barry will be on the bench today. Expect one of Lansbury or Drinkwater to take Borja's place in the squad, I think Smith has said that they're likely to be involved.

He turned 17 last week and I am doubtful he is the second coming of Wayne Rooney and a guaranteed generational talent.

He wouldn't be here if he was. The club is a farce.

Feel sorry for the kid already. Should have stayed at West Brom and have been allowed to develop if I was speaking as neutral.

• Confused 1

As Vassiliv shown, he can add things our current attackers can't. We need some changes. You can't just rely in El Ghaze, Trez and Jota. We need to give Vassiliv and even Barry some chance. Especially in the last 10 minutes in games which we're pushing for a draw or a win (such as Newcastle).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â