Tom13

Wolves had one player under 18 that was Marques who's 17. We started with five players 17 years of age and one 16 year old. You could tell that they had a few more years of physical development than much of our team.

No idea if that's a typical performance from him, but I thought that 16 year old Chukwuemeka looked a class above everyone else on the pitch, and it wasn't as if everyone else was bad, there were some decent performances all round, including Barry in the second half.

• Like 3

On 03/10/2020 at 12:44, Dave-R said:

I cant agree with you, Not every club has a kid they sign for that much not to mention who left a club to go sign Barcelona.

Barry doesnt seem to be your average player and because of that you could most likely fast track him through to the Bench to get game time.

I do not think it would hurt these youngsters by giving them game time against better opposition out there. Some say it ruins there confidence, most at that age at that level do not even let things like that bother them as much as what people thing they do, they are moulded to move on from set backs.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on youngsters and the Youngster have to go Grab that chance in every way and make it count.

as Tommy Docherty said " if they are good enough they are old enough"

Gary Shaw, Brian Little,Sid Cowans,Gareth Barry, Andy Gray all showed considerable talent at a very early age.

The biggest challenge today is dealing with the close physical contact of the intensive modern game.....there was more space in those days.....Today is so very easy to be taken out, we have seen how Jack had to acclimatise to it, before his talent was ready.

I like the idea of going to the lower leagues to "man up".....but I am also in favour of the very best hanging around our first team to get used to the atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like the idea of going to the lower leagues to "man up".....but I am also in favour of the very best hanging around our first team to get used to the atmosphere.

It's a double-edged sword really, as we've obviously got much better coaching staff to help them along the way than a lower league team - I guess it comes to the point where we feel like the experience will be more important for them than that. 

• Like 1

Watched the second half and was really impressed by Barry. Clearly has the skill and good technique and looks a real talent but will need to learn as he gets older when to release the ball a little bit sooner. Plenty of time for that though!

Also super excited about Chukwuemeka - he is another than oozes class!

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Gary Shaw, Brian Little,Sid Cowans,Gareth Barry, Andy Gray all showed considerable talent at a very early age.

The biggest challenge today is dealing with the close physical contact of the intensive modern game.....there was more space in those days.....Today is so very easy to be taken out, we have seen how Jack had to acclimatise to it, before his talent was ready.

I think that bit what you said alone is vital in a youngsters routine. Have to train at a level like Grealish but also allow for enough recovery time. Grealish trains like hes a stallion, who needs his exercise day in day out. I used to train two to three times a day at one point was very fit when I used to play footie against the hostels and down a place they called the pits. Your body overtime gets used to it, energy levels rise and so does resilience as fibres in muscles get stronger.

I think our Youths for the past what two decades have been let down by many reason, especially abuse. Also coaching was not anywhere near the level it should of been. Hopefully with this new regime, we will see an adequate level of youths come through to the first team now.

We have to make sure Youths get the experience they deserve, if they are good enough why not have them in the first team.

I tell you what, the way our bloody fringe team played in the carabao cup, if I'd of had my way I'd of taught them a lesson and replaced the lot with Youth and said on yeh bike earn your place back in by making effort. 

I dont mind some who need the experience, moving to lower leagues if they are not quite at that level yet to meet first team. However if a Youth is more than capable of making the step up then so be it they should have the opportunity to prove themselves. I'm not a fan of holding someone back unless they clearly are not good enough and it's for those reasons that the club then has to have a look to see how they can be helped to get back on track. I gave a right ribbing to AEG last season and in the carabao cup but if I'm honest I'd love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and get back and kick on, not sure he will though, hes in danger of being lost big time.

It's time we let Youth fly and let be who they are meant to become, they should not be held back of have a safety net thrown over them regarding there abilities. There should not be this fear by fans that if they get thrashed by Salah or De Bruyne in a game or Grealish In training, that they will be confidence shot, that can happen to the best, they have to rise above it at that level. There is no better teacher than pressure, so long as when under pressure there is experience teaching under that pressure it brings the best out in people. I believe there is now a good team in place that can bring these youth through and us fans need to be less concerned like we were before the new Owners took charge and the new Coaches were installed.

I also think age is irrelevant to, if they can play at the level there club is currently at, Youth can surely take center stage. I couldnt care if a sixteen year old was thrown into the first team so long as they grabbed the moment and seized every opportunity to show Club, fans and opposition, they were worth 90 minutes each game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Wolves had one player under 18 that was Marques who's 17. We started with five players 17 years of age and one 16 year old. You could tell that they had a few more years of physical development than much of our team.

No idea if that's a typical performance from him, but I thought that 16 year old Chukwuemeka looked a class above everyone else on the pitch, and it wasn't as if everyone else was bad, there were some decent performances all round, including Barry in the second half.

Carney got 1 goal and 2 assists for the adult team in a friendly against Charlton (i want to say) 

4 hours ago, useless said:

Barry's second, another great assist this time from Campton-Sturridge (son of Dean Sturridge)...

Related to Daniel? Given he is a local lad

Edit: Just looked it up yes

Edited by MotoMkali

Tenuous but someone I know knows him, from what he says despite the hype I’m not sure any of us realise just how good this kid is or potentially will be. I’m not one to go OTT about young players coming though but this one is really exciting.

17 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree, but I don't think it's anything like what it used to be, especially at the top level. If you hear interviews about Jack's time at Notts County, the 'old pros' basically kicked the shit out of him, and they conceded "that you can't do that these days", like it was 30 years ago. 

I wonder if the biggest challenge will be their hunger to succeed. We are gathering an amazing crop of talent, and I suspect we ae paying the equivalent of good salaries.
They will need a bit of luck (mainly with injuries), but they need to work their arses off to make it. And I think they have a perfect role model in our club captain - all the talent in the world, but a down to earth guy, loves the club, and works, and works, and works.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Tenuous but someone I know knows him, from what he says despite the hype I’m not sure any of us realise just how good this kid is or potentially will be. I’m not one to go OTT about young players coming though but this one is really exciting.

when do you think we might see him feature in the first team? Maybe a loan to championship/league 1 next season?

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

when do you think we might see him feature in the first team? Maybe a loan to championship/league 1 next season?

No idea re first team don’t think they will rush it, can’t see him going on loan though at this stage.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Talking Louie Barry or Carney?

Â