Tom13

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure Bundesliga has 9 subs now on the bench

Think they have always had 9 on the bench, but the premier need to do that aswell if 5 can be used 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It would be nice to see a Duncan Edwards type come through......The power and strength he had as a kid.

Those are the ones that make first teams at a very tender age.

You don't have to go that far back. Rooney and Milner were both either 16 or 17 when they broke into their respective first teams. Rooney was a phenomenon when he first came on the scene. He lit the Euros up in 2004 and sealed that move to Old Trafford. Be nice if Barry can realise that precocious talent for us. Who knows , he could turn out to be the catalyst to a great new era for Aston Villa. We have to believe that the proverbial corner will somehow be turned . I'm always the optimist when it comes to this great club. 

If we can retain our Premiership status and strengthen wisely,  I firmly believe we can  become a force once again in English football. 

• Like 2

I think we just need to let him develop in the youth team for a while before we can make any grandiose statements of his future career with us. Work hard, train hard, learn like a sponge and hopefully we will seen him in a senior Villa shirt at some point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He's good, but certainly no Rushian Hepburn Murphy

Good one, I have praised Hepburn-Murphy on here for years but I wouldn’t write him off making it here, same goes for Davis but then again, they all are :( they all are

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have praised Hepburn-Murphy on here for years but I wouldn’t write him off making it here.

He's got 29 days. I think it's a big ask.

Incidentally, Barry is five years younger than RHM. Barry will still be a teenager after the World Cup in Qatar.

We can afford to be patient.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's got 29 days. I think it's a big ask.

Incidentally, Barry is five years younger than RHM. Barry will still be a teenager after the World Cup in Qatar.

We can afford to be patient.

I’ve seen RHM quite a lot for our u18s and u23s, I think he has all of the attributes to make it here. He was beginning to show it during his loan spells before the lockdown, what do you think of RHM, OBE? 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve seen RHM quite a lot for our u18s and u23s, I think he has all of the attributes to make it here. He was beginning to show it during his loan spells before the lockdown, what do you think of RHM, OBE? 

Oddly, I haven't seen all that much of him, he's quick and he can finish, but he seems to be almost permanently injured. I don't think he'll be here after the end of his contract, I'm sure he'll make a career for himself somewhere, but probably at a lower level.

• Sad 1

Borja will be gone after 30/6, Wesley will still be injured, Hogan I've no idea if his loan at SHA will be extended and if he can be re-registered.

So that leaves us with Samatta, Davis (until he inevitably picks up another injury) Vassilev and Archer maybe.

And on the flanks our options are pretty much N/A.

Hope Barry is at least part of the match squad in some games because we will be forced to rotate heavily due to the dangerous game schedule.

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You don't have to go that far back. Rooney and Milner were both either 16 or 17 when they broke into their respective first teams. Rooney was a phenomenon when he first came on the scene. He lit the Euros up in 2004 and sealed that move to Old Trafford. Be nice if Barry can realise that precocious talent for us. Who knows , he could turn out to be the catalyst to a great new era for Aston Villa. We have to believe that the proverbial corner will somehow be turned . I'm always the optimist when it comes to this great club. 

If we can retain our Premiership status and strengthen wisely,  I firmly believe we can  become a force once again in English football. 

Yes the 2 you mention would qualify.....both had strength at a young age, to accompany that undoubted talent.

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You don't have to go that far back. Rooney and Milner were both either 16 or 17 when they broke into their respective first teams. Rooney was a phenomenon when he first came on the scene.

Just as a note to this - when Wayne Rooney scored that free kick against Arsenal for Everton that catapulted him to stardom, Louie hadn't been born.

• Haha 2

he's got a great chance of making his debut , will be on the bench a few times you would think over the remaining games. Maybe play him on the wings to bed him in 

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

he's got a great chance of making his debut , will be on the bench a few times you would think over the remaining games. Maybe play him on the wings to bed him in 

Be interesting to see if any of the younger players make the bench - I've tried picking a matchday 20 and couldn't find room for Jota, Drinkwater or Taylor - I don't think it'll be as easy for some of the youth players to make the bigger bench as some people seem to think.

The youngest player we've used so far this season is Jacob Ramsey who made two appearances from the bench - the next youngest is Douglas Luiz - Barry is two years younger than Ramsey and I really think that it's too early for us to be putting him on the bench in games that are as important as these. 

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be interesting to see if any of the younger players make the bench - I've tried picking a matchday 20 and couldn't find room for Jota, Drinkwater or Taylor - I don't think it'll be as easy for some of the youth players to make the bigger bench as some people seem to think.

The youngest player we've used so far this season is Jacob Ramsey who made two appearances from the bench - the next youngest is Douglas Luiz - Barry is two years younger than Ramsey and I really think that it's too early for us to be putting him on the bench in games that are as important as these. 

And Vassilev? Agree with your point, I think it’s too soon for Louie

Â