Tom13

10 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

i agree in spirit but if we protect and protect we end up with 21 year old prospects who've never played senior football. 

i like that our u23's got battered 8-0 a month or 2 ago as it will get the message into their heads that they've got an absolute titanic effort ahead of them if they want to see their name in big lights.

RHM and O'Hare were coddled to the Nth degree and it did them no favours. 

This is off topic but i once saw a Russian mother and father trying to teach their (less than 2 years old) baby to swim in a pool while abroad one year. 

Obviously this is mental but i can see their idea, get the little fella acclimatised early and he won't look out of place when it matters.

I agree. Probably wouldn't hurt to loan him out, some players start to break through at his age.

There have been countless ‘Louie Barry’s’ before Louie Barry. Every club has a Louie Barry that the fans think is the next big thing. 

He’s a talent, but he could also be playing for Kidderminster Harriers in 4 years.

I hope he makes it, but absolutely no bother if he doesn’t. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There have been countless ‘Louie Barry’s’ before Louie Barry. Every club has a Louie Barry that the fans think is the next big thing. 

He’s a talent, but he could also be playing for Kidderminster Harriers in 4 years.

We paid £3,000,000 for this kid. Doubt there have been countless kids who were valued at that. I think he’s probably not going to be at Kidderminster in 4 years

40 minutes ago, meregreen said:

We paid £3,000,000 for this kid. Doubt there have been countless kids who were valued at that. I think he’s probably not going to be at Kidderminster in 4 years

We paid £12m for Scott Hogan!

I do agree though that we’ve made a heavy investment for such a young player and that would indicate we believe he’s got a big future for us. The fact that we are now a much better run club than when we bought Hogan gives me confidence too. There are no guarantees of course but fingers crossed the lad has a very bright future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I cant agree with you, Not every club has a kid they sign for that much not to mention who left a club to go sign Barcelona.

Barry doesnt seem to be your average player and because of that you could most likely fast track him through to the Bench to get game time.

I do not think it would hurt these youngsters by giving them game time against better opposition out there. Some say it ruins there confidence, most at that age at that level do not even let things like that bother them as much as what people thing they do, they are moulded to move on from set backs.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on youngsters and the Youngster have to go Grab that chance in every way and make it count.

Edited by Dave-R

He missed pre-season and the start of the season proper, last night was his first start, now he's up and running again I'm sure we will be hearing more from him. I imagine he'll play against Fleetwood this Tuesday, which would presumably be his first game against senior opposition, as with  Sunderland will be a very tough test.

Louie Barry’s only just turned 17. He’s got plenty of time to develop into a player that can feature in the first team. He’s already playing U23s, which will aid his progress hugely and I’m sure when the time is right he’ll get a loan move to League 1 to get some experience playing with men (oooh matron!). 

Our Jack was 18/19 when he went to Notts County. That did him the world of good and he was slowly brought into the first team fold in 2015. It took him some time to start regularly, but now look at him. I’m confident that our academy will know how to get the best out of Barry, but there’s no need to rush him. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, useless said:

First of his two goals today...

I thought he started the game slow, but game into in the second half and looked really decent.

Who was the lad who did the mazy run out of defence? He had three players backing off him. 

Â