Tom13

Vitoria way too high a standard for this guy and he'd have to adjust to the culture and language. He can barely adjust to 4th division football a couple of hours up or down the road from Birmingham so I wouldn't be throwing him in the deep end overseas. 

I think the club must see something in him if they're going to keep recalling and sending him back out every 6 months and there's clearly a lot of lower league interest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great play to help set up Salford's first against Carlisle, starts today, Salford have a good chance of making the play-offs, a win or draw will guarantee it.

Watched the first half, Barry is playing well, gone on some brilliant runs down the left hand side, looks super fast running with the ball, would have scored but for a good block by Gillingham defender, has put in some dangerous balls across the box as well.

Can see why he hasn't got many goals though as is playing very wide, almost like an old fashioned winger, and for the most part only time he comes inside is when he has the ball and cuts in, presumably that's an instruction, seems a bit of waste not to try and get him in more goal scoring postitions, especailly as looking their other forwards they don't look the most technical, I wouldn't mind betting that Barry is the better finisher than them.

• Thanks 1

Didn't go on as many driving runs second half, but still looked very good on the ball when he did get it, did have a moment where he air kicked what I guess would have been an half chance. Truth be told if today is anything to go by Salford don't look that great as a team, looks all very scrappy if I didn't know their league position watching the game I wouldn't have guessed that they're a promotion challenging team.

Well they scraped in by 1 goal. Another Mansfield goal would've leapfrogged them but it didn't happen. Well done Louie.

• 2 weeks later...

He's only 19, spent 3 season out on loan at the lower divisions now. I would have expected more goals but I believe he's been used out wide a lot. Harry Kane didn't get a look in at Spurs until he was 20-21 so there's plenty of time.

I feel him and Archer are similar in style, both small, quick, good finishers but I'm not sure they have the physical attributes required to be a modern day forward. They might be better served as wide forwards but need to work on their all round game, just being a clinical finisher isn't going to cut it anymore.

Edited by AndyM3000

I'm not sure why they dropped him for the play-offs as he started their last four games and they won three of them, the one they lost they conceded losing goal after he came off, I watched their last or last but one game of the season and he looked their most dangerous player and also their most technical competent, Salford fans seem to like him as well. All that's not to say he's been amazing or anything, just I think he's probably done better than it would seem just from looking at his goal stats, also worth remembering that he hasn't been playing through the middle, he's been playing out wide, in the match I saw he wasn't even playing as a wide forward, but more of a old fashioned winger, I don't know if that's how they were using him the whole time but if so I'm not surprised he didn't score many goals for them, also they looked nowhere near as good a footballing side that Swindon looked last season.

• Like 1

Saw the second half of the match today, He was good in the late going, making a few nice runs down the wing and showing some strength/composure  against bigger defenders. Very small sample size for me but I was pleasantly surprised based on what I’d heard here

• 2 months later...

I imagine the club know for sure that he's going out on loan so not much point having him on tour with the first team.

The youngsters that did go are a mixture of players that Emery hasn't made a final decision on, or players too young to go on loan, but are talented enough that we could give them a few minutes here and there in the right circumstances, so makes sense to give them some practice with the first team.

I don't think going on the tour is the be all and end all for our youngsters when it comes to getting game time with the first team next season, some that didn't go will still have a chance in the right circumstances and some that did go might end up spending the whole of next season out on loan.

Lamare Bogarde and Iroegbunam in similar situations presuming not injured, and probably Chrisene too, was a little surprised that Patterson didn't go, he won't be going out on loan, but like Kellyman and Young could sneak some first team minutes off the bench.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What's his situation at the moment?

Not a great sign that he's nowhere to be seen when other youngsters are in the mix 

Becuase he hasn't kicked on/developed, and simply isn't good enough tbh.

I see the "Express & Star" have a report today on Louie 4 years on from his move from WBA to Barcelona (Link below, but I think you have to register with them (which is free) to read it). Nothing we don't already know about the player Klopp named "Little Jamie Vardy" really but what really got me, was the attitude of those sad Baggies fans (particularly the first of the two below). I really hope Louie can stuff those words down their throats yet.  

"Glad it's not worked out for Barry sorry to go on about a kid but he showed the Albion total disrespect but I bet his mom and dad's got a nice house." - Stathamm.

"It worked out well in the end for WBA. Obviously not up to the hype, and other academy players have emerged who bring far more to the club. From Barca to Salford is quite a journey." - Jordao2.

Link: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/2023/07/27/compensation-controversy-little-vardy-and-loan-spells-four-years-since-louie-barrys-move-from-west-brom-to-barcelona/

Edited by John

11 minutes ago, John said:

I see the "Express & Star" have a report today on Louie 4 years on from his move from WBA to Barcelona (Link below, but I think you have to register with them (which is free) to read it). Nothing we don't already know about the player Klopp named "Little Jamie Vardy" really but what really got me, was the attitude of those sad Baggies fans (particularly the first of the two below). I really hope Louie can stuff those words down their throats yet.  

"Glad it's not worked out for Barry sorry to go on about a kid but he showed the Albion total disrespect but I bet his mom and dad's got a nice house." - Stathamm.

"It worked out well in the end for WBA. Obviously not up to the hype, and other academy players have emerged who bring far more to the club. From Barca to Salford is quite a journey." - Jordao2.

Link: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/2023/07/27/compensation-controversy-little-vardy-and-loan-spells-four-years-since-louie-barrys-move-from-west-brom-to-barcelona/

What a ridiculous comment. Louie's Dad is a successful Businessman. Tell me how any teenager given an opportunity at La Masia could turn it down. West Brom (eventually) were paid for 

coaching him. The Barrys did nothing wrong. Barcelona also made a wedge of money when we bought him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

What a ridiculous comment. Louie's Dad is a successful Businessman. Tell me how any teenager given an opportunity at La Masia could turn it down. West Brom (eventually) were paid for 

coaching him. The Barrys did nothing wrong. Barcelona also made a wedge of money when we bought him.

Olbiyun fans are just words removed.

• Like 2

Â