Tom13

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard to say, one way or the other....but maybe due to his growth, he could be a late bloomer.

Jamie Vardy, was never blessed physically, and only stared, in his later years......David platt was also, a late starter, to make the top grade.

maybe a team like Vitoria, might be a smart move for both parties, and if he shines, come back home.

I wouldn't want to write him off just yet.

• Like 2

On 10/04/2023 at 17:57, OutByEaster? said:

Off the bench to win a penalty for Salford today in a late win.

Sat in the lower Doug Ellis on Saturday enjoying the Villa.

so was I....a few rows behind Hippo, never seen him so happy.

Edited by TRO

On 19/04/2023 at 17:54, TRO said:

Its hard to say, one way or the other....but maybe due to his growth, he could be a late bloomer.

Jamie Vardy, was never blessed physically, and only stared, in his later years......David platt was also, a late starter, to make the top grade.

maybe a team like Vitoria, might be a smart move for both parties, and if he shines, come back home.

I wouldn't want to write him off just yet.

Hopefully over time we can really utilise the Vitoria link well. But I think at this time a move like that would be too soon for Barry, Vitoria are a top 6 side in Portugals top flight (it’s a real coup that they’re now a partner club) so probably a few levels above where Barry realistically is at considering he’s currently playing in league 2. 

At the Walsall v Salford game. Barry just been sent off. Never showed for the ball and honestly looks so so poor and just not up for the fight. Really, really poor

was sent off for shoving another player in the face. Petulant. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Sad 1

He's a strange one for me.

Clearly there's some real talent, and the goal against Liverpool in the cup showed ability and composure.

But - he's had 4 loans now, and it isn't quite clicking. I suspect good coaching is required, which is hard to get in League 2.

Fingers crossed something clicks. There's a player in there somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

He's a strange one for me.

Clearly there's some real talent, and the goal against Liverpool in the cup showed ability and composure.

But - he's had 4 loans now, and it isn't quite clicking. I suspect good coaching is required, which is hard to get in League 2.

Fingers crossed something clicks. There's a player in there somewhere. 

He has another year left on his contract so hopefully he can do well in final games with Salford and get a loan move next season. We can decide after that if he merits a new contract or not. 

The Loan to Ipswich was a disaster and waste of time. Then when he joined MK Dons they went from promotion chasing to relegation battle (that was unlucky the club became a mess). 

I feel he needs a League 1 move next season. I'm sure a club will take him and bank on him improving

Edited by CVByrne

He was talked up a lot when we got him from Barca U19 but not sure he’s going to fulfil his potential. 

If you look at some of the squad there at the time (Fati, Moriba, N. Gonzalez, Balde) he had a lot to live up to I guess. 

He’s got the technical skill set to be a success but I always thought he came across as a bit of a billy big bo$$ocks. 

He’s a Villa fan so you’d think if he wanted make it anywhere he want it here. 

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he’ll make it with us. 

Be foolish to write him off. At the same age, Cameron Archer was playing non-league (and hardly setting the world alight - with 4 goals in 26 games).

On the other hand, clearly Barry has a massive way to go before he’s even close to our first team squad. Next year is massive for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, burchy said:

He was talked up a lot when we got him from Barca U19 but not sure he’s going to fulfil his potential. 

If you look at some of the squad there at the time (Fati, Moriba, N. Gonzalez, Balde) he had a lot to live up to I guess. 

He’s got the technical skill set to be a success but I always thought he came across as a bit of a billy big bo$$ocks. 

He’s a Villa fan so you’d think if he wanted make it anywhere he want it here. 

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he’ll make it with us. 

I don't get that, on his insta he usually looks like he's grafting off the field, PTs during the off season that kind of thing, I think he knows he's under sized and he works at it

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't get that, on his insta he usually looks like he's grafting off the field, PTs during the off season that kind of thing, I think he knows he's under sized and he works at it

Perhaps I’m doing him a disservice and badging him with how I remember him when he first joined us. 

I’ll stop being an arse and give him the benefit of the doubt as he’s only a young kid. I was getting myself arrested for being drunk and disorderly when I was 19/20 so I shouldn’t judge 🥴

I hope he makes it with us, as I do for all of our youngsters. 

• Like 2

He is one of our younger players that I'd like to see a loan to European side now that he has had his feel of men's football in lower leagues, would he get game time at Vitoria or is he a level below that?

16 minutes ago, pete101 said:

He is one of our younger players that I'd like to see a loan to European side now that he has had his feel of men's football in lower leagues, would he get game time at Vitoria or is he a level below that?

I think he's a level below to be honest from what I've seen

I think he's got another 2/3 years working his way up through the EFL

But that's OK, is what it is

Â