Tom13

He's more of a winger/inside forward than an actual striker in the mould of Archer - who, I might add, only scored 4 goals in 26 games in the National League before finding his feet at Preston. I wonder if people would cut him more slack if he was South American. I just find it baffling how quick his potential is written off, and it's got nothing to do with him also supporting the club.

• Like 4

His current supposed decline and limited future would not have been a problem if people on forums such as this hadn’t got their  bits in a tangle years ago when we signed a young player from BARCELONA who was also a VILLA fan !!! The messiah had arrived. He was never going to live up to that hype and is now unfortunately paying the price. Perhaps it would be better to close this thread and just let him get on with trying to develop as a young professional with a great deal of promise without the interference of some of Birmingham’s finest football experts on Villa talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, smg said:

His current supposed decline and limited future would not have been a problem if people on forums such as this hadn’t got their  bits in a tangle years ago when we signed a young player from BARCELONA who was also a VILLA fan !!! The messiah had arrived. He was never going to live up to that hype and is now unfortunately paying the price. Perhaps it would be better to close this thread and just let him get on with trying to develop as a young professional with a great deal of promise without the interference of some of Birmingham’s finest football experts on Villa talk.

I don't really see how people giving their opinions on a forum, however misguided, are preventing him from developing as a footballer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, smg said:

Perhaps you should leave the site if it upsets you?

9 hours ago, villaliver said:

I want to see this guy playing for us next season i want a local lad from the youth ranks in the team remember Stefan & Luke Moore Nathan Delfounseo & even run like the wind

Gabby Agbonlahor

Jacob Ramsey: Steven Gerrard says 'it's only a matter of time' before Aston  Villa midfielder gets England call-up - Eurosport

If he wasn’t in Barcelona’s kids team a few years back, this thread wouldn’t be on the first 10 pages. The English Ryan Gauld. He’ll probably find his way in some nondescript lower league European team. I’m not been harsh but bloody hell you’d swear it was our own brother or son the way we go on here at times. He has had zero impact in 3 loan moves so far. Leagues significantly lower than his parent club are in. Archer was an absolute beast for Boro at the weekend and lit it up at Preston last year. The difference. 

10 hours ago, villaliver said:

I want to see this guy playing for us next season i want a local lad from the youth ranks in the team remember Stefan & Luke Moore Nathan Delfounseo & even run like the wind

Gabby Agbonlahor

Tim Iroegbunam- Great Barr
Aaron Ramsey- Great Barr
Kadan Young- Erdington 
Cameron Archer- Walsall
Kaine Kesler- Somewhere in Birmingham

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 15:33, nick76 said:

Yet some of our fans thought he could come back off loan to help with our striker shortage but instead he’s going to Salford City.  

Some of our fans think our kids are ready but I’m glad the club smash that out of the park.

Look at where Doyle-Hayes, Lyden, Vassiliev, Hepburn - Murphy have ended up, amongst others. We’ve had a fair level of incompetence at this club in the last few years but im safe in the knowledge that those we released, we made the right choice. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If he wasn’t in Barcelona’s kids team a few years back, this thread wouldn’t be on the first 10 pages. The English Ryan Gauld. He’ll probably find his way in some nondescript lower league European team. I’m not been harsh but bloody hell you’d swear it was our own brother or son the way we go on here at times. He has had zero impact in 3 loan moves so far. Leagues significantly lower than his parent club are in. Archer was an absolute beast for Boro at the weekend and lit it up at Preston last year. The difference. 

Archer was on loan at Solihull Moors when he was Barry’s age.

• Like 2

Â