Tom13

six goals and one assist in ten games worth of football as an eighteen year old at first team level with Swindon isn't 'zero impact', it's better than ninety-nine percent of other eighteen year olds do at that age, most of whom doing well to be playing U21 football.

It's not even as if MK Dons loan was a disaster, played a part in most games, one goal and three assists, in twelve games worth of football playing on the wing for a team that are one of the worst in their league.

Also this idea that he only gets talked about because he came from Barcelona is dumb, he gets talked about because he was one of our best players in a succesful academy team, if he'd have come from Barcelona and been a failure then people would have forgotten about him, besides most of the posts in this thread aren't people hyping him up, they're people doing the opposite because they think unless someone his age is looking like they're going to be the next Jude Bellingham then they're not going to make it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Why is he playing at such low level?

Because he's young and its early days for him to be playing in a first team (rather than U21 teams).

Next season move up a league if this season proves to be successful for him.

• Like 2

On 31/01/2023 at 23:34, duke313 said:

Archer was on loan at Solihull Moors when he was Barry’s age.

and Gresford probably wasn't playing first team football anywhere at that age (my guess, i don't know).

Edited by ender4

On 31/01/2023 at 23:39, AV82 said:

I tuned into the game tonight and saw him give the ball away twice under hardly any pressure. Literally passed it to an opposition player twice in a row.

Why are you psoting about Buendia on the Barry thread? ;)

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Because he's young and its early days for him to be playing in a first team (rather than U21 teams).

Next season move up a league if this season proves to be successful for him.

I really hope he makes it to a higher level because he has shown so much early promise and it would be a shame if he failed to fulfil his obvious talent.

20 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I’m sure we said the same about the Bradford players that beat us in the League cup semi final, or Paul
Mulling who terrorised championship teams in the FA cup. Salford is a good fit for him and he gets to play regular first team football.

21 hours ago, ender4 said:

and Gresford probably wasn't playing first team football anywhere at that age (my guess, i don't know).

Gresford was keeping Notts County in League One at 17. Barry is nearly 20. But that's not damning him. Everyone has their own path in the sport and Grealish is hardly a typical benchmark anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m sure we said the same about the Bradford players that beat us in the League cup semi final, or Paul
Mulling who terrorised championship teams in the FA cup. Salford is a good fit for him and he gets to play regular first team football.

At 19 he's certainly got plenty to learn and it is probably better if he enjoys his football rather than worrying about what level he's playing at.

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll!

On 02/03/2023 at 13:36, MakemineVanilla said:

The level is secondary to game time. Why loan him to a Championship team who won't pick him? Lad needs the minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The level is secondary to game time. Why loan him to a Championship team who won't pick him? Lad needs the minutes.

This, so hard for youngsters to break though. Hopefully he can make a career for himself in the game at a level that sets him up for live. UTV 

Â