195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

41 minutes ago, Graham t said:

So you were expecting to be relegated after a spend of £140 million? You should have contacted the board and told them to save their money as we obviously had no chance of survival.......

Where do you got 140 million from? 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not about smith

Its about not wanting fat Sam 

2 years of 15th to 17th with Sam at the helm is not a springboard at all, as his previous clubs have shown and largely still are showing, his last 3 PL teams have all now sacked his successor, West ham are about to appoint manager number 4 in 18 months since he left

Sam doing better than the people that replaced him is a stick to beat him with? I see that as evidence of him doing a good job, something his successors couldn’t replicate.

SAF won the league with a squad of players Moyes and LVG couldn’t get a tune out of. Was that his fault for leaving the club in a mess?

Edited by Genie

Just now, villalad21 said:

Learn what? You think we should have kept Lambert?

If it had not been for Sherwood we would have gone down that season.  Horrific appointments is what doomed us. Garde was a terrible choice.

Smith looks as lost as Lambert looked that last season. Even starting to blame refs and his own players. The job is clearly way too big for him, can't handle the pressure.

Yep... And fat Sam comfortably sits it the same horrific appointment category, he can claim that he stays up but he is a very very bad manager! 3 Premier league teams have sacked him before 30 games 

The too big for him stuff is utter bollocks, that's pure fan big club guff, it's the go to criticism from dillusional fans 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not about smith

2 years of 15th to 17th with Sam at the helm is not a springboard at all, as his previous clubs have shown and largely still are showing, his last 3 PL teams have all now sacked his successor, West ham are about to appoint manager number 4 in 18 months since he left

Mate, managers don't typically last long in the PL. If you're judging him on the standard of, his last 3 PL teams have all sacked their successors, you could probably shit on many other managers too. Like come on, he managed Sunderland 3 years ago for example, odds are no matter who replaced him, he would've been sacked at some point after 3 years. Its just the nature of the managerial job. And blaming Allardyce for West Ham is imo really reaching for it, considering he did great for them, he left 5 years ago, and they've also had decent success after he left.

And this is before I open the can of worms that is, how you're gonna interpret it. Whether Allardyce has been doing such a good job that the people who replaced him weren't able to replicate hus success, or whether he left the club in such tatters that no matter who replaced him, they were gonna fail. I think how you interpret it, really depends on your agenda imo and its kind of impossible for us unless you are very familliar with his times there.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Confused 1

Allardyce has finished tenth in the premier league with both Blackburn and West Ham, he was eleventh when Newcastle sacked him, and he finished eighth with Everton, he's also finished sixth with Bolton.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not about smith

Let’s kill this myth of 15th -17th 

He finished 4 times in the top 8 at Bolton   , his last season at Everton finished 8th and last season at West Ham finished 12th .

personally I’d prefer to get someone like Marcelino or dyche ahead of Sam but I’d sure as hell take Sam ahead of dean smith 

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

Just now, useless said:

Allardyce has finished tenth in the premier league with both Blackburn and West Ham, he was eleventh when Newcastle sacked him, and he finished eighth with Everton, he's also finished sixth with Bolton.

He’s the type of manager that’s fashionable to dislike so people wade in. It would represent an upgrade on many aspects of our current performance.

I don't think there's any chance we'd actually go for Allardyce, my point is that he just isn't as bad of a manager as people make out, and is often unfairly put in the same catergory as managers like Pardew, Bruce and so on. There are plenty of other decent managers out there if Smith should eventually leave.

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Its amazing then that he doesn't last long at any of his teams!

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Where do you got 140 million from? 

Sorry I have been watching Wolves get robbed at Anfield or I would have back to you earlier. 146million as quoted on talk sport. Hope this  clarifies things for you.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Fat Sam in, buys 2 or 3 players in Jan, we play shit football but we stay up,

We play shit football under smith. there's no all out attack. no amazing tactics.

we went up last season because we had the best players. not because of a tactical master plan.

when we try and pass it around at the back you get clowns like Konsa costing us goals like yesturday.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He’s the type of manager that’s fashionable to dislike so people wade in. It would represent an upgrade on many aspects of our current performance.

I've actually always liked Allardyce, and have commented a few times that he is better than Steve Bruce. Was one of the first to actually integrate technology into the game, training and so on.

Watched the Bolton team alot due to Jamaican Ricardo Gardner being there.

That being said, he ain't the answer.

• Like 2

On 28/12/2019 at 18:21, villalad21 said:

Allardyce. Don't care what anyone says.

Fergie has said he's an underrated manager and i tend to agree. Allardyce is very good and effective at what he does.

Ask Smith to take a 5 month holiday, bring in Big Sam, who is probably for all his faults one of the best around , when you are in this situation......and Dean can come back in the summer.

There Fixed.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ask Smith to take a 15 year holiday, bring in Big Sam, who is probably for all his faults one of the best around , when you are in this situation......and Dean can come back in the summer of 2034. 

There Fixed.

Fixed 😉

• Haha 1

Â