195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

The problem is that the owners dont really have a plan.They state that they want us to be playing champions league football then they hire Dean Smith.The thing is that if you look at the top teams, they all ( the successfull ones ) have A League managers ( for want of a better name )ie managers that are known for how good they are.Fergusson,Pocho,Moreano,Klopp etc etc.Everton have just signed an A List manager ( watch them climb up the table ) and they were close to us in the league table just a while ago.I am not running DS down.I am just saying that if the owners really want us to be playing champions league football, then they need to seriously rethink their management decisions. 

I'm curious as to what A-league manager did you honestly think we were capable of attracting whilst mid-table in the Championship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm curious as to what A-league manager did you honestly think we were capable of attracting whilst mid-table in the Championship

The owners have money ( lots of it ) I am just saying that all the top teams have a A list managers.If they really want us playing champions league football, we are not going to do it with DS.We had a chance of signing B.Rogers before we signed Smith.Rogers went to Leicester and they are second from top,we signed D.Smith and we are second from bottom.

• Like 1

Who is Keep Smith? He sounds exotic, possibly German. He's my choice. I bet he plays bloody brilliant fancy tika taka football, but also knows how to hoof it long when the going gets tough!

Smith In!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Villarocker said:

That's pretty much where I'm at Dave :thumb:

Who would leave us if we went down? Grealish, McGinn, Mings = approx £100m+ in sales. We would probably spend just over half of that on the likes of Bowen, Benrahma, another decent centre back and a striker. I think we would go back up and this seasons new players will have had two seasons together and be a lot better for it. 

Obviously, we would lose three talented players but who is to say their replacements won't turn out to be just as good for us? 

I just want our owners to have a plan and enforce it rather than firefighting all the time, which is what was happening the last time we were in the Premier League. 

Up the Villa! 

I think Jack would at least give it a season,  just because its his club.

Mcginn, because of how hes been slated of late may start to feel its time to move on if we drop, however I am hoping he would choose the other like I think Jack will.

Our problem is now is we need player to come in and be an instant hit, stand up along with others who are doing others work for them and be another man added into the side that counts. They don't have to be like Jack, they just need to be better or want to be. We really need some amazing talent in who wants to bring Villa back alive, it can happen in the right individuals.

Another problem is we seemed to have brought in a few players who have injurys going on left right and center, not good when they are your main men.

The dropping on the floor S*** has to God damn stop unless injured, that's to any of them.

Be tougher, more aggressive, show the damn heart, this club gave them all another chance or a new life in top flight football, find a way to repay that back to the Owners and your coach. Your in the best league of them all in the world and your ready to give in and die, that's the message your sending everyone out there who supports you, that's what I'd be saying as a Coach, I'd go all Fergie on them to be honest.

It can happen but there's some problems at Villa and it's not just players, well at least I don't think it is anyway. I think there is a real problem between what Smith wants in and what Jesus and the scouts are looking for, it has to be. 

Our owners need to be prepared to risk whatever it takes here if they want to stay up on a front line that can make things happen that is wingers and striker, those three positions are now vital they are fixed. Priority is that we need one possibly two more midfielders who are Hot products, it's all going to cost but it's worth it to get the job done.

Point blank we need players who are in fire at the moment, you dont get that by digging i to leagues that are no where the standard of where the best in the world play, do you??

I can't go onto fifa 20 with a 60-70 rated team against a 90+ rated team and win, although have done it twice is not the point, but hope you all get where I'm coming from. I know I wouldn't get very far with those rated teams against the best I'm the world, they would destroy me, it's no different than real life.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The owners have money ( lots of it ) I am just saying that all the top teams have a A list managers.If they really want us playing champions league football, we are not going to do it with DS.We had a chance of signing B.Rogers before we signed Smith.Rogers went to Leicester and they are second from top,we signed D.Smith and we are second from bottom.

We were mid-table in the Championship. Rodgers was never in a million years going to join us, so you're criticising the owners over some made-up scenario you've plucked out of your backside.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Mcginn, because of how hes been slated of late may start to feel its time to move on if we drop, however I am hoping he would choose the other like I think Jack will.

Our problem is now is we need player to come in and be an instant hit, stand up along with others who are doing others work for them and be another man added into the side that counts. They don't have to be like Jack, they just need to be better or want to be. We really need some amazing talent in who wants to bring Villa back alive, it can happen in the right individuals.

Another problem is we seemed to have brought in a few players who have injurys going on left right and center, not good when they are your main men.

The dropping on the floor S*** has to God damn stop unless injured, that's to any of them.

Be tougher, more aggressive, show the damn heart, this club gave them all another chance or a new life in top flight football, find a way to repay that back to the Owners and your coach. Your in the best league of them all in the world and your ready to give in and die, that's the message your sending everyone out there who supports you, that's what I'd be saying as a Coach, I'd go all Fergie on them to be honest.

It can happen but there's some problems at Villa and it's not just players, well at least I don't think it is anyway. I think there is a real problem between what Smith wants in and what Jesus and the scouts are looking for, it has to be. 

Our owners need to be prepared to risk whatever it takes here if they want to stay up on a front line that can make things happen that is wingers and striker, those three positions are now vital they are fixed. Priority is that we need one possibly two more midfielders who are Hot products, it's all going to cost but it's worth it to get the job done.

Point blank we need players who are in fire at the moment, you dont get that by digging i to leagues that are no where the standard of where the best in the world play, do you??

I can't go onto fifa 20 with a 60-70 rated team against a 90+ rated team and win, although have done it twice is not the point, but hope you all get where I'm coming from. I know I wouldn't get very far with those rated teams against the best I'm the world, they would destroy me, it's no different than real life.

Absolutely no chance of Grealish staying at the club if we were to be relegated, you should remove that from your thoughts ASAP to save yourself any unnecessary future heartache. Pundits across the media are now touting him as a certainty for the Euro20 squad, and in a few cases urging the bigger clubs to get offers in. They’ve finally recognised his talents as different & unique to anything else England have. If he stays injury free then he’s a £60m+ player at seasons end, possibly £70m+ after the Euros. He won’t be playing championship football next season. We’ll struggle to retain him beyond the summer if we remain an Premier League club, let alone a championship club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I don’t 

3 hours ago, useless said:

Even if we stay up we'll probably have to fight to keep Grealish.

Jack will be off stay up or go down, hes proven to be a premier league player now and is well above our standard right now

Edited by Jimzk5

Frankly I would not be surprised to see Jack leave in January. We look certainties to go down ( we are currently in the worst form of any team in the Premiership ).He will have been ' tapped up' by virtually every team in the top tier. Man. Utd have made no secret of their admiration of his talents. Good luck to him as Villa have failed to build a team around him . You can see his frustration at the moment, it must be maddening for a guy of his talents to play with some of the dross the club have assembled around him.

16 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Frankly I would not be surprised to see Jack leave in January. We look certainties to go down ( we are currently in the worst form of any team in the Premiership ).He will have been ' tapped up' by virtually every team in the top tier. Man. Utd have made no secret of their admiration of his talents. Good luck to him as Villa have failed to build a team around him . You can see his frustration at the moment, it must be maddening for a guy of his talents to play with some of the dross the club have assembled around him.

Calm down, he plays with Wesley remember. 

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Obsession?

Agreed. I’m obsessed with getting a striker in so that we stay up and I can watch Grealish in a Villa shirt next season. 

How could you not be obsessed with replacing the carthorse of a competition winner we have up front. 

Obsessed? Yes. I absolutely cannot wait for Villa to play with 11 men again.

34 minutes ago, useless said:

If we can stay up then I think he might give us one or two seasons, but there will probably be interest in him from top four clubs so he will have options.

Not a chance would Grealish give us another two seasons, that would be him approaching 27 by then. Would be nuts on his part, unless we're somehow challenging top 6.

• Like 1

If we stay up this season, who's to say within a couple of seasons we can't be competing for top six, it's exactly what Sheffield United and Wolves are doing now. Once established in the Premier league it's where we should be competing and where for the most part we were competing before Lerner gave up, since the Premier league began we've finished in the top six nine times and in the top eight twelve times, I understand that struggling near the bottom this season is inevitable, but it shouldn't be where we are long term if the club is run properly. Besides if Grealish has a few bad games people will be saying he's overrated again and not good enough for top six sides.

37 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Frankly I would not be surprised to see Jack leave in January. We look certainties to go down ( we are currently in the worst form of any team in the Premiership ).He will have been ' tapped up' by virtually every team in the top tier. Man. Utd have made no secret of their admiration of his talents. Good luck to him as Villa have failed to build a team around him . You can see his frustration at the moment, it must be maddening for a guy of his talents to play with some of the dross the club have assembled around him.

I would be amazed if he left in January. Sadly I would also be amazed if he is still here next season. That could only happen if we stayed up and really showed some serious intent in the summer transfer window.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. I’m obsessed with getting a striker in so that we stay up and I can watch Grealish in a Villa shirt next season. 

How could you not be obsessed with replacing the carthorse of a competition winner we have up front. 

Obsessed? Yes. I absolutely cannot wait for Villa to play with 11 men 

I don't disagree that wesley is a problem.

I disagree that he deserves to be blamed on a grealish thread for grealish potentially leaving.

If you think he's the only problem then I'd call that obsession.

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Sorry but in what alternative reality was that in? Rodger was never touted as coming to Villa except on VT. Similarly there is a less than zero chance of getting Poch. Were we to sack Smith our options for a new manager are probably really limited, probably Houghton at best. I doubt even Alladyce would come as a fill in for a few months.

Edited by Harry

Â